[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone have experience in teaching children how to draw?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: children-drawing_00003.jpg (53KB, 610x523px) Image search: [Google]
children-drawing_00003.jpg
53KB, 610x523px
Does anyone have experience in teaching children how to draw? I'm going to have to teach a 9 year old soon, and i'm not sure how to start. The main issue is that i don't want to bore him. I was thinking about teaching him simple 3D froms by drawing cartoon characters with him, but i'm unsure.

Any advice?
>>
beat them.
>>
don't listen to the cunt
>>
I guess it's important to let him feel the joy of painting at this young of an age.
So don't force any fundies onto him and let him express himself however he likes so he would learn to have fun with drawing.
Then, if he enjoys it enough he can always decide at a later age to get serious about it.
>>
>>2893750
I said painting but I mean drawing.
>>
Be gentle when critique-ing them, their child brains don't handle negative criticism that well.

Simple forms are a good place to start but you may also want to teach them how to draw something they are into, like their favourite cartoon or insects ect. Just so they see it as something fun and not schoolwork.

Sources: I taught/still teach my little sister how to draw.
When she was 10 she got in trouble at school for selling drawings to her classmates for nickles and dimes.
>>
>you don't want to bore him

3d is too much for a kid. just let him vandalize the property with some markers or spray paint.

now that shit is fun
>>
Does he actually like to draw? That's the first question. Does he doodle in his spare time. If he doesn't doodle, there's no use.
>>
File: figure (60).jpg (24KB, 258x480px) Image search: [Google]
figure (60).jpg
24KB, 258x480px
>>2893731
tell them to draw mommy
>>
I think first you should ask about what art he likes. Try to find his inspiration, maybe browse famous art online or ask what his favorite comic books or animated shows are. Once you find his role model devise a plan to get him to that level. I know when I was that age wanting to be like the artists I liked was my main motivation. Idk maybe that won't work if he's never shown an interest in art before.
>>
>>2893731
if you want them to be good it's your duty to show them amazing art that gives them the life long goal of being shit at blook balls and elipses.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.