[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you sit when you draw?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: sitting-up-proper-diagram.png (10KB, 416x215px) Image search: [Google]
sitting-up-proper-diagram.png
10KB, 416x215px
How do you sit when you draw?
>>
>>2893462
i lay in bed usually with a a couple of large pillows behind me, like an old person at the hospital
>>
>>2893474
Same, im fucking lazy
>>
Hunched over like an idiot. I don't draw for more than an hour at a time.
>>
>>2893474
Sameish, I am usually bunched up on the couch, and I draw in my lap
>>
>>2893462
The hell is this image? You're not supposed to sit up straight anymore?
>>
At the library and on the bus I lean over and draw.
At home I have an easel on my dresser and stand.
>>
I alternate. When you're doing something for 10 fucking hours a day there's not way you can stay in one position
>>
>>2893629
Apparently not, I don't know what to make of it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6187080.stm
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/57654.php

There are standing desks and whatever, but you're just as likely to get varicose veins from standing all the time. So how are you supposed to sit when you're drawing at a desk or using a tablet for hours? The old people hospital position?
>>
>>2893462
I don't. I literally lie down on my bed and get up close and personal with the paper and pencil so I can precisely see what's going on, how much less shading I need, and if the line is becoming to sharp or to soft.
>>
Hunched over

>tfw trying to go 5+ hours a day
I'm gonna die young anyway
>>
>>2894520
That article says sitting like that is better for your back, but what about your neck and shoulders? I mean, look at that fucking slouch. Seems like that would fuck your neck up pretty bad. I wouldn't give this too much credence.
>>
>>2895793
Not to mention that this isn't focused on people who draw, which is a bit of a different position than just working on a computer or whatever.
>>
File: drawing posture.png (27KB, 427x215px) Image search: [Google]
drawing posture.png
27KB, 427x215px
>>2893462
like so
>>
Stand for sketches and big stuff, sit down for details.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.