[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Artists Alley

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Comic-Con-Artist-Alley.jpg (1MB, 3259x1819px) Image search: [Google]
Comic-Con-Artist-Alley.jpg
1MB, 3259x1819px
Do any of you do them? How do you deal with that business tax number mostly all cons want? Do you even get them? I stopped doing AAs years ago when they started to be required, because I don't pay taxes since I'm below poverty level, on SSI, and all around autistic-retarded. I wouldn't even make a lot at cons since I generally suck. I'd usually make around $250 and I felt like the tax thing would confuse my disabled dumbass and complocate the ssi payments. However, I'm really poor and could use the extra $250/month so I'm contemplating doing some AAs again, yet the business tax number has me worried. By no means could my art suffice as a business. I just take a couple commissions every so often.
>>
Tough scene. Seen a lot of younger artists get torn up, meaning lose a lot of money and gain little to no profit.
Fanart does sell, but that doesn't mean fanart will sell. Having a particular style that's appealing is also key.
There's a difference between "good art" and "good art that will sell".

The most important thing is that making art isn't about making money.
Also I don't know how to answer your question because I'm from another country so rules are different.
Can't you place this work under hobby or personal interest? Unless you make a job out of conventions, you won't earn enough for a full business number.
>>
>>2892817
That's what I thought, but cons ask you to enter your tax number in when applying and they say they will check at the con to make sure you have one. It's really daunting
>>
Yuropoor doing C2E2 Chicago next month, should be interesting. I have some pre-commissions lined up and will be doing busts/head sketches on the day as well as selling some comics
>>
>>2893872
Have you done conventions before?
>>
>>2894206
Not properly. I've been to NYCC on a pro pass. I'm properly involved in comics now though so I'm doing a good few cons this year (C2E2 being the first)
>>
>>2891559
I'm not an accountant, but I believe you give them the forms, and as long as you make under the amount deemed by your (state if in US), then you don't have to pay taxes on it. In my state if you make under $5,000, you don't have to report it as income.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.