[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question about perspective

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1461200009732.jpg (110KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1461200009732.jpg
110KB, 650x650px
i dont get it when people say the perspective is wrong.
Like if the anatomy of a figure is wrong, i get that. Im not that good at it, but i understand what someone means when the anatomy of my drawings is wrong.

But if you said the perspective is off, what do you mean? What makes something off perspective?
>>
That your image doesn't work in perspective?
Parallel lines don't go to the same vanishing point in a mistakeful drawing for example.
>>
>>2891521
This. Linear perspective is pretty much math. There is a right and wrong way that things look in space.
>>
>>2891521
>>2891526
im not getting it
WHY isnt it right? and what makes it right?
i tried reading perspective made easy and that didnt help.
>>
>>2891533
>i tried reading perspective made easy and that didnt help.

Then there's probably no helping you, you literally can't explain it easier than that book does. Go back and try again.
>>
>>2891542
can you explain it to me?
because the way i saw >>2891521 explain it
>why is the perspective wrong?
>because its wrong

im asking what does it mean for the perspective to be wrong.
>>
>>2891546
He even gave you an example of parallel lines not going to the same vanishing point. There's other ways things can be wrong too like a vanishing point not being on the horizon line, ellipses with the wrong angle and degree, repeating objects not the same size or distance, z depth being stretched etc.
>>
>>2891552
let me see if i can explain this better
i do sorta get about having lines be parallel with the horizon and meet the vanishing points.

what i mean is, for example with anatomy
>your drawing is bad
>why?
>cause the anatomy of the arm is wrong?
>why is the anatomy of the arm wrong
>because if you compare your drawing agianst a real person and real life things, which you are trying to base it off of in some way, your drawing does not seem similar to reality

I just had a thought that perspective is just understanding what the nature of 3d objects are. we observe it, calculate it, and try to recreate that in our drawings.

Is that accurate?
>>
>>2891563
Your explanation on anatomy critique on a drawing is fine. Just switch the word anatomy out for perspective. It's the same thing--things appear in life a certain way, and we draw based on that. If you draw it in a way that doesn't follow reality it can be considered wrong (this is a simplification of things since stylization starts to break out of this).

I'm pretty sure most art books that cover perspective have a few examples of common mistakes in them. Maybe you need to understand some of the basic components of perspective a bit more to understand how there are "rules" that need to be followed to draw something in the correct perspective.
>>
>>2891574
okay thanks
getting that out of the way helps with things.
>>
Just study parallel lines, cones, cubes, and all that shit and how they work on perspective. You will know when things are off.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.