[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tripod vs quadrupod grip, who wins?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

tripod vs quadrupod grip, who wins?
>>
>>2891322
overhand
>>
File: CChanDraws.jpg (31KB, 478x356px) Image search: [Google]
CChanDraws.jpg
31KB, 478x356px
>>2891322
this one
>>
>>2891322
what does the extra finger do in the right picture? why put it there?
>>
>>2891336
That feel when I always use quadropod grip
>>
Tripod here. Tripod wins because i'm better than you all quadopod fags
>>
It probably doesn't matter much.
>>
>He draws with his hands
>>
>>2891322
Tripod like a normal fucking human bean.
>>
quadropod is better lol
i write cursive with tripod for some reason, though.
>>
File: P3100002S.jpg (124KB, 922x692px) Image search: [Google]
P3100002S.jpg
124KB, 922x692px
Modified tripod. Pad of thumb isn't on pen/pencil/paintbrush.

OR regular tripod, which is what I use on my off hand.
>>
File: jWlmm.gif (78KB, 480x269px) Image search: [Google]
jWlmm.gif
78KB, 480x269px
>>2891431
>girly pen
>girly horse
>fat and kinda girly hand

NO GIRLS ALLOWED ON MY FOURCHAN
>>
>>2891449
I've been here 8 years. Piss off.
>>
>>2891449
>girly hands

If that's a girly hand I must be the Aphrodite of hands.
>>
>>2891322
i use both, tripod for more free handing and bigger scale lines, quad for very precise/accurate small chunks of line art
>>
>>2891460
With a thumb that tiny it's either a female or a fat child.

Do you even fundamentals?
>>
>>2891460
My hands aren't really girly in anything but size. I have small hands, and short fingers. Can't play the piano because I've got no reach at all. But they are girl hands all the same.
>>
>>2891322
I hold it with a quintapod(?) grip. Like all five fingertips touch the pencil/stylus. Don't think I have met anyone else who holds it like that, but it works for me.
>>
>>2891469
Oh yeah, forgot about the fundamentals.

Let me see... Simple shapes, form, light, and MOTHERFUCKING THUMB SIZES OH YEAH DON'T FORGET YOUR THUMB SIZES MAN SO IMPORTANT HEY MAN IT'S SO BASIC TO KNOW FUCKING THUMB SIZES MEASURE THAT SHIT BEFORE DRAWING THAT SHIT NIGGER HOLY SHIT THUMB FUCKING SIZES MAN.

Fuck off.
>>
File: 1436874093017.jpg (109KB, 755x960px) Image search: [Google]
1436874093017.jpg
109KB, 755x960px
The best grip is the one that is comfortable for you.

The quadgrip is worse in general because it has less range of motion. You inevitably hold lower on the pen. It's a writing grip not a drawing grip.

The tripod grip you can lift your hand and rest on the pinky which, at least for me is not possible with quad grip. Everything you can do with a quad grip you can do with a tripod.

In the end, if it works for you, nothing else matters. It's just that empirical evidence will show that tripod grip is ergonomically, mechanically, and contextually better. Basically, if you use any other grip there isn't anything wrong with you.

>>2891460
You can tell it's a girly hand because of the shit taste and lack of spacial awareness. Thank you, I'll be here all week, ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>2891488
>he doesn't measure his thumb sizes
NGMI
>>
Underhand + overhand + tripod. There's no one grip for everything, you switch depending on what you're using and what mark you need to make.
>>
quintropod master race
>>
>>2891487
>>2891586
There are two of us!
>>
>>2891322
>quadrupod grip

Didn't realise it had a name, I used to just describe it as the grip favoured by people with Down's syndrome or those who's parents didn't love them enough to teach them how to properly hold a pencil.
>>
>>2891588
I also hold it with five fingers. I guess it's not that uncommon afterall.
>>
Hold it like a fat long heavy spear.
>>
File: jamespen.jpg (59KB, 500x737px) Image search: [Google]
jamespen.jpg
59KB, 500x737px
Stokoe Style
>>
>>2891809
da fuck? how does one even develop such a weird way of holding it
>>
>>2891817
maybe he just learned to draw like that young and he sticked with it out of habit? who knows.
>>
>>2891820
yes but any kid who draws like that will be corrected by their parent or teacher immediately
>>
>>2891586
>>2891588
>>2891603
but does anyone here hold their pencil with a sextapod grip?
>>
Was a quad, realized that the grip was best suited for writing with ballpoint pens (as I had been doing my entire life) since you choke up near the bottom causing the pen to be more upright. This usually lead to better writing out of the pen. Switched to quad when I started drawing with a lead holder since it let me use more of the side of the lead.
>>
>>2891870
switched to tri*
>>
>>2891431
CUT YOUR NAILS
>>
>>2891358
It doesn't matter at all from what I've read.
>>
>>2891393
>bean
>>
>>2891322
If I'm drawing/sketching I go back and forth between tripod grip or overhand.
>>
>>2891824
if by corrected you mean
>What the fuck are you doing wasting your time drawing, get here and help do or learn for school?
then yeah
>>
quad for writing, tri/overhand for drawing
>>
>>2891809
Why is Spider-Man pissing planes?
>>
There is no ''correct'' way of drawing. The pen has to move at over certain angles for the tool to leave marks on the paper, and the hand has to be in a position where you can see the tip of the tool.

You can draw with your hands, feet, mouth, butthole, levitation, robot hand connect to your brain, whatever moves the tool over the canvas.

In the end, all it matters is for you to be comfortable and able to focus
>>
>>2891322
>Keeps worrying about minmaxing shit
>Doesn't even play the game
No wonder you guys never exel at anything.
>>
>>2891336
>what does the extra finger do in the right picture?
Just enjoys a nice sunny day, sort of sits there.

I do that and it's the way I always held my pencil. No other reason really.
>>
>>2891460
thumbs or gtfo
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.