[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lots of Blind Drawing Everyday

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: Hands004.jpg (14KB, 299x293px) Image search: [Google]
Hands004.jpg
14KB, 299x293px
will i make it if i do a fuckton of blind drawings everyday?
>>
Maybe if that's what your idea of making it is, anon.
>>
Can't hurt, anon.
>>
>>2890642
You know that's by Ruan Jia right?
>>
>>2890659
No, I have no idea who did the OP pic, but OP was talking about making it if he does a ton of blind drawings.
>>
>>2890659
I don't think OP implied that it wasn't.
>>
>>2890660
>>2890662
My fault, I thought you were talkin about the OP pic.
>>
>>2890640
What is blind drawing?
>>
>>2890785
Drawing from reference without looking at your paper.
>>
>>2890640
>>2890808
>drawing without looking at the paper
Do you get used to getting the proportions right or what? Because for me that is impossible without making a huge mess and the drawing always comes out with the proportions fucked.
>>
>>2890835
I started reading Kimon Nicolaides' book and the first activity is blind drawing, but he allows looking at the paper to start a new line after ending one, but I guess once you're more advanced you could stop looking at the paper completely.
>>
File: 1155.jpg (17KB, 400x253px) Image search: [Google]
1155.jpg
17KB, 400x253px
>>2890921
pro tip - look up some of Nicolaides work and then question whether or not this is someone who's advice on art you should be taking

blind contour drawing is the earliest and worst art meme
>>
>>2890939
Not gonna make it
>>
>>2890640
Blind drawings are such a fucking meme, one of my drawing teachers made us strictly do it. He didn't like my work because it looked like nothing, he liked other people's and they clearly touched up their blind contours when he wasn't looking. There was probably only one person that class was good at it and they must've trained at an actual atelier or some shit before taking that class.

Blind drawing helps you see contours as having many subtleties, but you can't form anything recognizable unless you fucking cheat.

>>2890939
Holy fuck man, I never knew the guy was such a degenerate artist. He can't draw from imagination at all. More reason to hate that book.
>>
File: shark.png (118KB, 500x463px) Image search: [Google]
shark.png
118KB, 500x463px
>>2891302
thank you very much, i'll focus myself on the drawabox guide.
>>
>>2890640
Nah, you only ever draw blind for a couple seconds at a time anyways, and is only helpful in select situations when you want a more organic feeling. It can help you learn to pay more attention to what you're seeing, that's about it.
>>
File: Screenshot_14.png (157KB, 217x361px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_14.png
157KB, 217x361px
>>2890659

And this is Vilppu. Not every single thing produced by a good artist needs to be treated like it's of equal quality. Especially when they're not finished pieces.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.