[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pollock

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: url.jpg (12KB, 227x223px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
12KB, 227x223px
/ic/, convince me his work was art and not bullshit.
>>
You can attempt the same thing and it wouldn't as good because you aren't Pollock.
>>
>Implying that throwing paint randomly takes talent and vision
>>
>>2890633
why can't you convince yourself? why do you need others to tell what to like? Are you that lonely and inept?
>>
No. You like it or you don't. Arguing about the definition of art won't change that.
>>
>>2890633
If anyone can sell blobs of paint for that amount of money it really doesn't matter if some random anon thinks it's art or not.
>>
He had the spark. He had lots of energy and emotion.
>>
But everything is art if you want it to be.
It's more about his technique than the result.

I liked it when I was a high school student, used it for my final project. Using it was pretty relaxing to be honest, not thinking about a thing and just throwing and dripping paint onto a surface.
>>
>>2890962

You do know that most of the money was strictly for laundering purposes, right?

Also it doesn't work today, most money launderers have switched to real estate and bitcoin, depending on how tech savvy they are.
>>
>>2890980
>>2890962
>>2890692
>>2890669
>>2890635
sooooooooooooo bullshit.
>>
>>2890983
>strictly for laundering purposes, right?
I hear this a lot, but no one ever has anything solid to back it up. There are much safer ways to launder than

>we paid off all the art appraisers to agree this is the hot new thing

I mean, I fucking hate pollock, but art's utility for laundering is way overstated.
>>
>>2891000
Nice try Shlomo
>>
>>2890997
You might actually be retarded. There's no doubt you're insecure.
>>
>>2890641
Being the first that starts throwing paint randomly takes talent and vision. Probably.
>>
>>2890633
His work was bullshit, it has no thought behind it. He was a drunk that lived off his wife. His Jew wife was more concerned about helping him destroy art than their relationship, so he was just a useful idiot.
>>
>>2891000
You only need one appraiser to say it's worth anything, though, and once it's "bought" for that price then all the other guys will take notice and say the same thing.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.