[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Acne

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Ever since I started drawing as much as I can I've had issues with acne, which I didn't have since the age of 17 (25 now). Is anyone else experiencing skin issues after long periods of daily drawing and painting?
>>
You prob are eating worse and moving less because of cramming studies. Take a break, go for a walk and avoid eating junk food; opt for greens and yogurts for snacks, as they improve your immune system (=less acne); wash your face frequently and shower daily after your walk. If you still have the problem, try some acne-healing products you'll find in supermarket. If that worsen to the point of pus weeping, hurting and swelling (as in, your whole face hurts/swells/weeps, not just one pimp), go see the doctor, as it can be skin infection or tumor. Don't scratch pimps and don't "pop" them, as the bacteria can reach the bloodstream and fuck you up. If you have to (pimps are messing with your eyelids/lips), use a disinfected piece of cotton and press on them gently until they wept all their pus (but don't press too much or you will start squeezing out blood!); after that, disinfect the zone for a couple of day to avoid it getting infected again.
>>
>>2889567
I'm on a dairy free keto diet and mostly eat greens, healthy fats and grass fed chicken as well as some fish. No carbs/sugars, water only. Also no alcohol, no smoking, no drugs except for my morning coffee.
I shower daily, I gently wash my face with ph skin neutral washing lotion twice a day, I apply moisturizer, AHA 2% and of course I don't pick my face. I change my pillow sheets daily and I go outside daily due to grocery shopping. Basically I shouldn't have acne and yet here I am.
I'm about to see a dermatologist but I have to wait 2 months for my appointment.
>>
>>2889544
Dood....
I wonder if that's why I've had like 6 massive zits the last few days.
>>
>>2889567
You can't get zits on your eyelids. A "zit" on your eyelid isn't a zit.
>>
>>2889544
I started breaking out like crazy at about 26 yrs old. I'm talking straight up cysts. It could just be adult acne. It's not unheard of. Especially if you're a grill. Keep doing what you're doing!! Maybe get on an antibiotic short term and a rx acne cream/gel. That saved my skin and has almost completely diminished my scars.
>>
>>2889584
Then what is it
>>
>>2889584
Yeah mb. I meant nose.
>>
Could be stress related. It's hard to say because finding concrete evidence about why we get acne is tough. Some people will say stress is the issue and others will say stress have nothing to do with it. For example, I spent years thinking that caffeine and cigarettes were the cause of my acne. Every time I'd smoke of drink a cup of coffee I'd be rewarded with a massive red zit the next day. However, after feeling truly defeated by the whole thing, I said fuck it a few months ago and stopped using all my skincare products and began eating, drinking, and smoking whatever I want. I've since had little to acne. These have been some stressful months for me and I by no means encourage you to start overindulging in unhealthy behavior, but at the same time I think not giving it so much attention in my mind has improved the quality of my skin. That, and I occasionally use jojoba oil on my skin after shaving or something (it's very similar to the oil our skin naturally produces). Although this has been my experience with it, like I said before, acne is very hard to understand and this could also just be hormonal stuff. I was vegetarian for 8 years then started eating meat again last summer and think maybe that's had an effect on it too. Lastly, definitely don't pick or touch your skin at all if you do currently. That makes a way bigger difference than you'd think.

Sorry for the rant, but acne is such a bitch and I truly feel for anyone who has to deal with it, especially into their 20s (I just turned 24). Hopefully some of what I said helps or you find a different solution. Good luck!
>>
>>2889571
>dairy free keto diet
Don't do that.
Eat yogurt and get healthy carbs from fruit, potatoes, rice etc.
Keto is bullshit and needlessly stresses your body.
>>
>>2889584
ive had zits there, rarely but yes
usually pimples if any
doc made me realize its from the bad habit i had of rubbing my eyes first thing in the morrow without any water or shit
>>
>>2889544
This is why people need to fucking understand statistics. Just when I think the world is going to turn out alright we get dumbass questions like this.

I really do hope we all die a horrible fiery death in the apocalypse. Fuck all of you
>>
>>2889544
Honestly I had it for years when I drew in art school, but realized that it was a combination of stress and constantly touching my face (with hands that were perpetually dirty with drawing materials or paint).

Try not touching your face! Sounds overly simple but worked for me.
>>
Does anyone else get pimples on their buttcheeks? I think it's from sitting at my desk too much maybe and not moving.
>>
>>2890418
I had one on my taint the other day.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.