[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Perspective Problem

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: 3-7 Rework.png (2MB, 3200x2100px) Image search: [Google]
3-7 Rework.png
2MB, 3200x2100px
So, I've been doing my reading on perspective and such, all of Perspective Made Easy and a bit from Robertson's How To Draw, and I've come across this situation in one of my commissions.
If I swiveled the chair an arbitrary amount (in this case, 45 degrees, w/e,) how do I construct the chair? In my head, I saw new converging lines, so I made a new VP, but that can't be right, not when it's so close to the other one.
>>inb4 /beg/
Posted, no niggers were posting so late at night, figured I'd make this thread so maybe someone would actually see it.

Throw me some more literature, if I need it. been steadily working through Robertson and kekking through Loomis, but I take my time.
>>
File: Legit Question.png (2MB, 3200x2100px)
Legit Question.png
2MB, 3200x2100px
fuuuuuck my entire ass, that's not even the right pick. fuck I'm tired.
>>
>>2887565
ever tried 2 point perspective? or 3 point perspective? possibly 4 point perspective? hell maybe try 5 point perspective? maybe have more than 1 vanishing point?

If the top half of the chair can only swivel/rotate, maybe the vanishing point of the top half would differ from the bottom half?
>>
>>2887570
I practice 2 point as warm up, using the stuff from like Han and Drawabox and Robertson. 3 point is next on the list to start doing as w/u.

I suppose the root question is, can I have another vanishing point so close to the other one? Seeing as it's for a different object?
>>
File: boxrotation_animation.gif (39KB, 480x438px) Image search: [Google]
boxrotation_animation.gif
39KB, 480x438px
>>2887565
Just slide the vanishing points along the horizon line (eye level)
>>
File: Capture.png (196KB, 895x558px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
196KB, 895x558px
From Krenz's notes
>>
>>2887565
A chair can have a new vanishing points as long as it shares the center line(horizon.)
Go to page 59 of perspective made easy. When rotating a box you move the points along with it
Look for
>>
File: chair.png (75KB, 386x504px) Image search: [Google]
chair.png
75KB, 386x504px
>>2887565
ffs anon. Stop trying to learn to draw from stupids books that make it more complicated than it is. Just draw the damn chair.
>>
>>2887602
This

Also worth noting you placed the vp/horizon way too far down its up around the top of the page somewhere. Just imagine it sitting in an infinite desert and put it on the horizon
>>
>>2887565

You're drawing a 1 point perspective drawing on a subject that's in 3 point. Which is fine if that's your goal. If not, then I'd say your horizon line is pretty low. Think of that line as YOUR eyes, and right now you're sitting on the floor, and scrunching down a bit. The photo was taken from standing height looking down. So the Horizon line is going to be higher than the frame. Also the table is 90 degrees off the wall, but the chair isn't. So the chair will have a different set of vanishing points than the table and wall. Hope it helps!
>>
>>2887776

sorry, I should correct that. The Horizon line isn't necessarily your eyes because it doesn't follow where you look. I just realized how that could be confusing.
>>
File: meme.webm (2MB, 1358x732px) Image search: [Google]
meme.webm
2MB, 1358x732px
>>2887565
read D'Amelio's perspective book, also see if this vid helps, note the green right angle at the top.
>>
>>2887807

What software is that?
>>
>>2887849
Geogebra
>>
>>2887565
REAL ANSWER HERE
Copy your 2pt perspective grid and move it over to the left or right, stay on the same horizon line.
Move till desired perspective. Enjoy your custom grid for your chair.

It is the method that concept artists use.
>>
>>2888862
>It is the method that concept artists use.
Source?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.