[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crybaby Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 54

File: crybaby_02.jpg (24KB, 250x275px) Image search: [Google]
crybaby_02.jpg
24KB, 250x275px
come and post here your shitty excuses to not make it.
>>
waaaaaaaaaah so many people are better than meeeeeee I'm going to graduate in two months and I should be a professional so why can't I art as gud as the gud arters I seeeeeeee

fuck my laziness i suck i suck i suck i suck i suck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck
>>
>>2887246
I am not creativeee reeeeeee my mental fog waaaaah I just to feel my brain work again waheeeeeeeee
>>
>>2887246
BOOO HOOO I HAVE NO MOTIVATION D^;
>>
i work so hard but i don't improve at all.
>>
File: 1447617029297.jpg (9KB, 254x279px) Image search: [Google]
1447617029297.jpg
9KB, 254x279px
Who else /nevergoingtomakeit/ here?

I started drawing yesterday and realized I'm not Ruan Jia level yet. Why couldn't I have been born with talent?
>>
>>2887300
Living is such a hazzle, you should kill yourself.
>>
i got low blood pressure and i am lazy too, its literally antithesis of a succesful man
>>
>>2887307
this is my everyday
>>
>>2887246
I tried so hard but didn't got so far.
>>
>>2887316
in the end it doesn't even matter
>>
wow, this is meta.
>>
i dont improve because im lazy and shitty
>>
>>2887246
I've actually never practiced. I've been telling myself that I'll teach myself how to draw for about a year, but I never end up doing it.

Honestly I don't know what's wrong with me. I won't consider suicide an option, though, because that'd take too much effort, kinda like learning how to draw.
>>
i keep getting interrupted by life. i want to lock myself in my room for 10 years till i git gud
>>
>>2887246
i dont embrace excuses i embrace solutions .thats why i'm gonna make it.
>>
I'm too old and unstable

I'm 24 and I'm just now getting serious. shit and I probably won't make it anyway, I cant even keep a job for 6 months. I went to business school as a fallback and I'm probably gonna get up in an office mail room after I either fail to make a name for myself or fail to even progress enough,

Either way, I'm going to be in debt/poverty probably the rest of my life
>>
I'm too sleepy and lazy
>>
>>2887391
>Say their too old
>24

Might as well kill yourself now you useless piece of shit since there's literally NOTHING you can learn. If you didn't git gud by age 16, you already fucked up.
>>
I have a fear of being trapped in a box.
>>
>>2887246
I have no goal for "making it".
>>
>>2887387
kys piece of retard
>>
File: 1487821214740.jpg (133KB, 728x636px) Image search: [Google]
1487821214740.jpg
133KB, 728x636px
had to put art aside for the last several months to work on my mental health. im so frustrated. at myself. of the time i couldve been working. of having these problems for years.
my friends are close to graduating (and getting GUD) and im here back in my hometown as a NEET for more therepy. i feel im not making as much progress as i could in anything and hate myself for it.
but most of all im tired.
so tired
>>
>>2888016
>but most of all im tired.
I'm phycally tired. Because I haven't slept in a day. Not gonna make it
>>
Weeeeehhh I keep asking myself pointless questions about what I'm supposed to do instead of just grinding. Weeeeeeeeeeehhh
>>
I don't fully enjoy things I'm doing anymore. I don't know why I draw, I have no goal in life regarding to art.
>>
Sliced my finger on paper. Not going to make it. My future as an artist is over
>>
>>2887378
Go ahead
>>
>>2888031
>I'm phycally tired. Because I haven't slept in a day
shit me too senpai
>ngmi
you or me? maybe we?

>>2888076
i find a temporary change of pace helps miles. try some things youve never done before
>>
Sometimes I feel like I've made decent progress with my first year of art but then I look at what other people have done in a year and just feel disappointed in my own progress. And outside shit keeps interfering so I can't spend as much time on art as I need to to be competitive. Feels bad mang
>>
>actually made it when I was in high school and published a comic
>sold like shit and got reviewed like shit
>my aunt actually bought 30+ copies to give her class
>she say they love it and want more
>she's a teacher for people with special needs

looking back on it I completely agree with everyone, it was dog shit, I was so naive I thought it was cool and good enough to be published when it was pure cringe fuel

used my connections to get publish my shit instead of working for it and caused my friend to lose money
>>
>>2888392
>used my connections to get publish my shit instead of working for it and caused my friend to lose money
I mean that's just as much your friend's fault then for agreeing to publish a pile of shit. If he put money into it then he should have expected to lose it.

Anyways, your story isn't too bad. You were an eager high school kid and made an effort beyond what most people that age would do. It's the type of story you might hear a super famous successful artist tell in an interview when asked about whether they drew as a child.

Honestly if you work on the craft of it more and get genuinely good at art then you will probably be successful if you are willing to push and get things published and use connections like that.
>>
>>2887246
I've only been studying anatomy for a month now, i decided to give myself a break and draw solo no refs and i still have a long way to go
>have same face syndrome
>can't into lineart
>can't into coloring, lighting etc.
>all my drawings are still stiff as fuck
I still have hope but being a beginner sucks
>>
File: 3456789654.jpg (5KB, 243x207px) Image search: [Google]
3456789654.jpg
5KB, 243x207px
why does it hurt so fucking much to show people my shitty art? I'll know i'll get better if i keep at it, but why do i want to suicide so fucking badly everytime someone sees my artwork?

I don't care if people like it or not, but everytime i try something, i give it my all, and I've never had a feelgood circlejerk or anything. no matter how hard i work no one notices or cares and i know it's a shitty thing to care about stuff like that but it really fucking hurts. I've had positive feedback but it hurts even more than the negative. it's like the deaf critiquing music.

It's not like i can complain about shit to anybody either, it's all tough guys and normies, and it's not even like apartheid or cancer or something so it's just first world complaining that literally no one cares about. I drop the stoic act and baw my ass off on an anonymous shitposting factory. Because I've never found so many people in abundance who i could relate to.

Literally the only fucking thing i want in life is to create one good artwork.. Nothing else. Nothing. There's nothing on this planet i want except to just make a fucking decent picture. And no matter how hard i fucking try, i can't do it. I just can't fucking do it.
People out there reinventing thermodynamics trying to go to Mars and shit and i can't even fucking draw a decent picture.
Like what the fuck is that? There's no fucking way this makes sense. There's no way I'm that fucking incompetent.

I've always been shit at everything. failed at everything. Worked hard to be below average. I hate it. I'm so fucking done. Christ.

>b-b-b-b-but anon stop fucking attaching your self worth to your art you fuck.

What the fuck else do i attach it to? "oh tee-hee what a quirky personality i have" "what a nice smile, i have" "I sure am special in my own way"

Fuck you.
>>
File: 1454314642812.png (56KB, 166x205px) Image search: [Google]
1454314642812.png
56KB, 166x205px
I lost my hands in an accident waaaaahh
>>
File: 1422834440115.jpg (57KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1422834440115.jpg
57KB, 500x500px
I feel like shit all the time from procrastinating and not doing anything for months. I'll probably continue to do nothing in the coming months as well.
>>
I don't have enough passion nor discipline. I'm trash that's not worth even as a slave.
>>
>>2888531
Use your feet then!
NO EXCUSE
>>
Sometimes I hate my attempts at drawing far too much to bear practising.
>>
File: cow.gif (912KB, 430x241px) Image search: [Google]
cow.gif
912KB, 430x241px
The guy making these threads
>>2887808
>>2887462
>>
>>2888150
>you or me? maybe we?
You and me, nigga, you and me.
>>
>>2888403
my connection are gone now

it's a long story but basically, both my dad and uncle are very popular artists in my country (my dad is a mosaic tile artist and my uncle is a comicbook artist) when magazines found out I'm related to them they were drooling all over me but I signed with company which was owned by a family's friend (he sold his company now) and other publishers read my old work and went "nope! thanks"

anyway, after high school I didn't go to art school and majored in accounting in college

in 2015 (7 years after my first and only comic came out) I was unemployed and decided to competed in a comicbook magazine contest from a new and upcoming publisher I was like let's "let's give it a shot, I'll be the big fish in small bond"

since it a was a magazine aimed at boys between 6 and 14, I drew a comedy/fantasy comic and submitted it to them

after some time they announced the winners and people that finished in the top 30 and I was second to last in the list

some more time after that I received about 130$ in the mail as a payment for the comic with a letter that say "we wish you good luck in your future endeavors" which is basically them telling me they won't hire me

I gave up after that, gave away my drawing equipment and threw away all of my sketches and manuscripts (my mom was angry because she wanted to keep them especially since I drew some of them when I was so young so I gave her a copy of my discontinued comics lol)

however I kept the digital stuff on my pc

I'm currently 27 and working a dead-end white-collar job in an office for a furniture company and I don't think I'll leave it any time soon

If I ever make another comic it will have be collaboration drawn by someone else, with me only doing the writing since I don't draw anymore and I don't have the time anyway
>>
>>2888514
I told my boss at work I like to paint in my free time. She told me another coworker likes to paint and that he's really good. Now I'm afraid to let anyone see my work until I've seen his, just in case he happens to be better than me.
>>
>>2888891
Sorry about your outcome anon. I always thought people wth connections were so lucky, but it seems like it puts pressure on you. You were young and just did what was encouraged. Btw you didn't make a how to draw book did you?
>>
>>2888894
>I told my boss at work I like to paint in my free time.
Here it comes.

>She told me another coworker likes to paint and that he's really good.
A rival appears!

>Now I'm afraid to let anyone see my work until I've seen his, just in case he happens to be better than me.
Every single time.

I just don't let it get to me, know that I have room to improve and that it's not the end for me.

Of course, if you don't try to improve, you'll be in guilt forever and gain an even deeper guilt the more you worry how good that other person is.

If they turn out to actually be good, might just kill your morale for a while.
>>
>>2888531
How did you type this?
>>
>>2889033
>I always thought people wth connections were so lucky

it worked well for my cousin, he used my uncle's connections and currently have a job as an artist and designer for company that makes cards and board games

>Btw you didn't make a how to draw book did you?

no, my one and only comicbook was a buddy cop story
>>
>>2889071
You don't happen to have pics of it do you? I love shit like that.
>>
File: 1488826545452.png (208KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1488826545452.png
208KB, 409x409px
>>2888531
This is why I always hide my left hand (drawing hand) inside my pocket whenever I go outside . Autistic it may be, no way in hell am I gonna risk it. I just started training my right hand in tasks not involving drawing or witing.
>>
>>2889114
Don't forget your protective eyewear! You wouldn't want to lose your vision by a freak accident that could happen at any time without warning.
>>
>used to be able to draw 8-12 hours per day
>contracted longterm illness several years ago
>now too severely ill to sit up to draw
>sometimes manage half an hour
>been working on one picture for 2 months now, half an hour at a time
>should've only taken a day or two under normal circumstances
>will finish it one day

>side note, illness also caused me to become allergic to oil paint (or rather the fumes associated with it), so no oil painting. Watercolor was pretty fun though when I could still sit up
>>
>>2889124
What happens if you huff up the fumes? You get a sore throat or something?
>>
>>2889125
Dizziness, headache, nausea, possibly fainting. It could happen with any chemical inhaled or put on my skin but to varying degrees
>>
File: 1479204614402.png (208KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1479204614402.png
208KB, 409x409px
>>2889121
Good call anon. Anything else?
>>
>>2887278
>>2887294
Me in a nutshell
>>
some one just euthanize me secretely in my sleep plz
>>
Whenever I try to draw I get really depressed because I'm so shit. I wish i could just be good already.
>>
File: 1399217998569.png (180KB, 401x339px) Image search: [Google]
1399217998569.png
180KB, 401x339px
>be drawing
>start getting really horny
>end up masturbating
>don't feel like drawing anymore after cumming

oh well
>>
>>2890241
THIS.
>>
>>2890241
learn to find joy in drawing non-sexual things.
>>
>>2889124
Ever consider getting an iPad and drawing on that? A professional designer friend of mine says he uses IPad Pro and prefers it over PhotoShop.
I know it's not even comparable to traditional media, but at least it'll let you do some kind of art without fumes or having to sit up even.
>>
>>2890241
>ywn be able to draw expressions like this
>>
>>2888084
No pain no gain
>>
File: Clipboard01_20170118.png (345KB, 1261x777px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01_20170118.png
345KB, 1261x777px
>no free time since I've been drafted
>Still in-training when everyone else is on holiday/started shifts
>Even when I begin working, the only posts in my unit are 90+ minutes away from home
>No company is willing to sponsor me abroad for my engineering studies. Barely any of them want engineers anyway, they just want technicians
But hey, at least drawing is still fun
>>
>>2890486
Looks pretty good to me anon!
>>
>>2890492
that pic isnt his. thats hamada yoshikazu
>>
>>2890506
I've been tricked!
>>
>>2890475
I actually thought of that but don't know if it's a wise decision to buy one, being unemployed now. I'm glad you told me your friend liked it, though. I wondered how it was.
>>
File: 35uVEfn.png (196KB, 551x472px) Image search: [Google]
35uVEfn.png
196KB, 551x472px
>in high school (I'm 18 before you start going underageb&)
>feel like I'm progressing too slow to have a proper career
>friend is way better than me with concepts and proper creative shit
>already from a lower middle class family
>no hireable skills to support me while I go through uni
>have no proper talents other than relatively decent artist and it's a saturated market

why do i bother

might as well draw fetish art as commissions for spuds on dA until i die
>>
>>2890570
If you're even semi decent and 18 you have a leg up on a lot of people simply from having started earlier. Either get a part time job and focus on art for a few years, or try to get a scholarship to a good art school. You'll probably turn out okay.
>>
>>2890570
No, you were right all along. You weren't wasting time. Just keep on drawing and don't give a fuck about what anyone else tells you.

>progressing too slow
What bullshit is this? Too high of expectations that you're chasing ghosts is what this is. You seem to think you know how fast people improve. There's way to know. Drawing is really slow progression, just keep it up.

>friend is way better
Get him to help you or leave him. He'll either be a tool or a weapon that'll hurt you.

>lower middle class family
Okay, so your chances are hurt a little bit because of money, but skill exceeds all of that.

>no hireable skills
You can draw you fucking faggot. Just git gud at it.

>no proper talents
>decent artist
>saturated market

You can fucking draw mother fucker. How many people in this world can say they're a decent artist. You're fucking amazing. Get that into your head and make it. Focus on you and your progression, stop comparing to other people, you aren't them, you're you and that's okay.

Just keep drawing what you like and get good at it, that is the key to success. Don't worry about wasting time or other people's bullshit. Just focus on yourself.
>>
>>2890581
>Okay, so your chances are hurt a little bit because of money, but skill exceeds all of that.
You can't draw if you're dead.

everything else is alright, it's almost impossible to not improve if you have atleast a bit of free time.
>>
>>2890577
thx bb

the problem is is that I live in a shithole where the only stable positions are retailers and steel workers, and the closest city is still expensive as shit to live in

there's no good schools until I go into the next state, and Melbourne is even more expensive to live in

>>2890581
huh

you lot are pretty great with this motivational shit

thx bbs
>>
>>2890570
I'm in the same boat as you. Except I never knew to draw in the first place, but I decided to major in art on the fly just for the hell of it.

I don't know what the fuck I'm doing, but I know one thing: I am garbage at drawing. Still fun as hell, though. I'll stick with it.
>>
>>2887246
I have no idea where to start, everything I draw has the same mistakes. I am given so manny paths that I feel lost and prefer not to even bother with starting
>>
>>2890682
Good luck.
>>
File: buttstuff.png (287KB, 522x566px) Image search: [Google]
buttstuff.png
287KB, 522x566px
>Not concerned with being "Good enough" in the moment when the process takes time
>Have a buddy who keeps you on your toes in terms of not stagnating
>No qualms about paying out of pocket for supplies because art is legitimately your hobby and you also have a reasonable job.

Holy shit people, you are doing art so wrong.
>>
File: 1488780246545.jpg (83KB, 354x423px) Image search: [Google]
1488780246545.jpg
83KB, 354x423px
>care enough to try and draw
>don't care enough to git gud
I am the biggest faggot I know
>>
>>2890570
fuck college, go to trade school or some altier
>>
File: 1445541278818.jpg (53KB, 426x426px) Image search: [Google]
1445541278818.jpg
53KB, 426x426px
Whenever I ask for critique I keep getting fucking meme replies meanwhile some shithead gets a complete redline with a well thought out and detailed analysis of his work.

Seriously, fuck all of you. What the hell is wrong with you people? I hope you all die of ass cancer.
>>
>>2890644
>fun as hell, I'll stick with it
Nigga that's how people end up getting good at things. Great attitude, I hope you make it.
>>
>>2890740
Don't rely on other people.
>>
>be university student for non-art subject
>no professional aspirations
>still draw almost every day, serious study at least once every week
>exams coming up, gotta focus all efforts on studying, no time for art
>exams happen
>free time is here
>motivation to art doesn't return

Can anybody relate? I don't understand why this is happening.
>>
I destroy everything I make after a few months. If I see one thing wrong I can't look at it again.
>>
>>2890570
>>2890577

Same, sort of. I'm 18 and I got put in this stupid high school art program for the gifted and talented kids and I spent the whole time learning fuck all and every class they just gave us some sort of medium and left us to do whatever so they could use us for our talents and shill whatever we'd made to the general public and to government folks so the school could keep getting funding and make it look like they'd actually taught us shit, and when it ended a year and a bit ago, despite being told I was one of the best kids in my class, I'd suffered a lot from being a big fish in a small pond. I'd hardly progressed at all because no "art teachers" ever fucking gave me criticism or proper fundamental advice and I ended up as good as any naturally talented but untrained high schooler could be but that was it.

I'd go on tumblr and see 14 year old gooks kicking my ass up the road and back, then I decided to go do a TAFE art course (you're an Ausfag too, eh? Don't fucking bother with their visual arts course; it's shit) and I learned nothing. Once again I was better than everyone in the class and we were getting told that basically all art is pointless and everything can be art, yeah, it was like that. I had a lesson on Fridays which was literally just 2 hours of listening to some SJW ramble on about how a turned over chair can be art. No one gave any actual critique because apparently that's ignorant and every fucking thing is good art. Even shit in a tin can.

So I dropped out of that too and now I have no direction and am a NEET. I'm so lost right now and I don't know how to get better if every fucking art school and course is like that these days.

Anyone know what the fuck I should do with myself?
>>
>>2890809

Grind Scott Robertson's books, watch Design cinema episode 19 so you know what the fundamentals are and what you should be doing to improve them.
>>
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I keep honing in on details and only doing what I find comfortable as opposed to doing what challenges me. I have no pressure to challenge myself and because of that I don't.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: 1486221360476.jpg (69KB, 547x672px) Image search: [Google]
1486221360476.jpg
69KB, 547x672px
>>2890820

This is why god hates fags
>>
File: 14102118_34.jpg (55KB, 640x411px) Image search: [Google]
14102118_34.jpg
55KB, 640x411px
>be me retarded foreigner start at age 6 now 23, got adhd.
>spent depressing and boring teenage to drawing cars
>majoring non art related but have to graduate anyway.
>want get into loli faggotory but drawing is still shit and no one care
>rides never ends

fuck off it's worthless
>>
>>2890772

I am in a similar yet different position.

>no free time ever because grad classes and half-time work
>motivation to learn to draw lingering for ages but can't act on it

At least I am done in a few months.
>>
I don't progress because nobody cares.
I don't care because i don't progress.
>>
>>2890241
That's why i take a shower every time.
>>
File: 1489068864792.jpg (357KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1489068864792.jpg
357KB, 1280x720px
>>2890683
I suddenly feel better

It turns out it was just me being a crybaby
>>
>>2890740
where's your work anon? I'll redline you right here, right now.
>>
>>2891513
Congrats.
>>
>>2887246
I like this thread, it's good to vent
>>
>>2890740
the difference between you and other people is that you rage and complain life is unfair, but the people who are successful would instead look at the redlines done on other people's work and see how they can apply that critique to their own work
>>
>>2887246
i wish i was average at something. anything. literally anything. i don't even want to be GREAT i just want to be okay. i feel like no matter what i do my best is never good enough and i'm so burned out. nothing i do is ever good enough.

i wish i wasn't mentally disabled. i feel like i should give up and watch professional wrestling and the real housewives of whatever and pop out eight kids and love jeeeeeeesus but holy fucking shit i just can't do it i think i'd rather be dead than file myself away in the 'tard barn but i can't function at even basic shit.

i remember trying to kill myself as a kid and i wish i'd succeeded so badly i don't LIKE being alive i don't LIKE being here and i don't have the nerve to end myself

the claustrophobia is horrible. it's suffocating. i can't think i can't remember i can't do anything i'm constant raw instinct i don't feel like a person i wish i was dead i wish i was dead i wish i was dead
>>
>>2891534
You're like above average at English at least, anon.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUaCH_NF9aI

basically everything said in this video. my art teacher doesnt like my manga drawings and even when i follow directions and try my hardest they try to fail me specifically cause of my skill in manga drawing
>>
>>2891545
Why are you such a fucking cry baby, you little bitch? Holy shit.
>waaah someone hurt my feelings because I drew something they don't like
Fuck you and fuck them. Who gives a shit. You can draw whatever the fuck you want. Stop listening to other fucking cry babies who are projecting onto you just like that shitty teacher of yours.
>>
Im a lazy sack of shit,i only draw like 20 minutes a day,and i dont even study or read books
>>
>>2887246

because i'm almost 30 years old with no formal education
>>
>>2887300

Actually I'm still in the /notevenstarted/ phase.
Read a few books from the Sticky in 2014, drew a few potatoes heads. Haven't drawn a damn thing in 2016 or 2017.

I hope that I'll get on the /nevergoingtomakeit/ phase someday.
>>
File: no.gif (1MB, 284x210px) Image search: [Google]
no.gif
1MB, 284x210px
>>2887246
>be me
>drop out of high school
>enjoy NEET life for 3 years not working on my art
>finally decide to work on my art this year
>parents are finally bugging me to get a job
>art skills still aren't good enough to make money
I fucked up yet again
>>
>>2891738
So what are you doing now
>>
>>2891738
Wow you have just about the same situation as me. Good luck bro.
>>
>>2891738
>parents have been bugging you your entire life since childhood to get a job
Step up your game.
>>
>>2891738
>tfw been neeting for 2 years
>tfw drawing improved tremendously on such a small time scale
>tfw still have 5 years or so to neet
>feelgoodman.jpg
not to mention i also worked hard during highschool around my sophomore year : )
>>
>>2891832
RRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! This is the crybaby thread not the brag thread!
>>
>>2891647
Ayyyy, me too. I just can't bring myself to physically take a pencil, a piece of wood with graphite embedded in it, hold it in an appropriate manner for drawing, move my arm so that the pencil is on tip of a piece of paper or another similar 2D surface, and make marks on said surface to make drawings until I git gud.

I just can't do it.
>>
Why do you guys give so much of a shit about your emotions? I don't care if I feel like shit, I put in the work anyway and most of the times that alone makes me feel better.

Feelings are fleeting things, you should stop listening to them so much
>>
File: 1469599834320.gif (770KB, 260x221px) Image search: [Google]
1469599834320.gif
770KB, 260x221px
>>2891738
> tfw there are this many NEETS being enabled by their parents
> tfw I work 40+ hours a week in a hospital and draw everyday and these fucks can't

you all are fucking losers no offense
>>
>>2887246
Drew my entire life

just imagination

fuck
>>
>>2892433
Good for you then cunt
>>
>>2892433

>calling people losers
>is on 4chan

your irony just gave me cancer
>>
>>2887246
>>2887246

I like listening to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ8MjYE7Eng
>>
>>2892433
> Works 40 hours a week
> As if that's even a lot
>>
>getting into my drawing
>screen suddenly goes blue
>have to restart computer
>not all of my work is recovered
Just fuck me in the asshole
>>
>>2891738
wtf are you me? my parents want to kick me out soon as well and i am soo SHIT at drawing wtf, I need to find a job fast but nobody wants to hire a autistic lonely khv sperg with no experience like me
>>
>>2892752
>>2891738
Call center or physical labor?

Waste collecting is good. Keeps you fit. More fit = more blood for your brain to work on art on your off-time.
>>
>>2892774
i thought you become more dumber if u get /fit/
>>
Not creative, not talented, not hardworking and my art gets no attention compared to my artist friends who are popular. Also complaining is easier than trying to get my shit together.
>>
>>2892840
We can do this and make it together.
>>
File: 1488524064137-a.jpg (182KB, 442x650px) Image search: [Google]
1488524064137-a.jpg
182KB, 442x650px
>>2887246
No matter what I do, I can never finish a fucking picture. I always see shit I need to fix, or a better way to set the picture and before I know it my stamina is all gone and I wasted an entire day on fucking garbage. Anyone got any tips before I through my tablet across the room?
>>
>>2892882
Finish the god damn mother fucking picture already.
>>
File: 1489098233878.png (202KB, 500x738px) Image search: [Google]
1489098233878.png
202KB, 500x738px
>>2887246

If I could cry, I could water crops with my tears - perhaps a better career prospect.

Ever since I was little, I have been lauded as some sort of genius in the matter and I was dumb enough to believe it. I invested so much into art, such that it had compromised every aspect of my social life and education. However, there is no investment of time can ever give you love for the process of doing something, and I have grown passive over the years - stirring only to create half sketches and experiments.

What's more, I grow happier the more I detach myself from my work. But what do I have, if not art? I have no career, no future, I am becoming comfortably numb.

Is it time to move on? Maybe, but I always feel that despite this, the embers are still glowing.
>>
I've got adhd and can't even fucking hyper focus on art so I can git gud. I've been at the same level for fucking years. Frustrating as shit and the stress of trying to find a job sure isn't helping my motivation to draw.
>>
>>2892882
How about you spend more than a day on a single picture, like a week for example, then you can work out your problems and actually know how to avoid them on your next piece.
>>
>>2892792
Not sure if troll, but:
You don't have to be superfit, but a basic level of exercise improves mental health, productivity and cognition.

Exposing yourself to daylight also helps with that...
>>
>>2892959
>becoming a normie
yeah, no.
>>
File: 1489123231143-co.jpg (34KB, 234x233px) Image search: [Google]
1489123231143-co.jpg
34KB, 234x233px
>>2892950
Holy fuck, I actually didn't think of that. Goddamn it.
>>
>>2892965
Too bad dedicated normies will be better at drawing.
>>
>>2892989
you mean those who draw my favourite fetish in doujinshis are normies? huh, you lrn somthing new everyday
>>
>>2890241
FUCKING THIS
>>
>>2891522
>the problem with you
>anon

There's no smart way of having said this.
That said, the faggotry of this board is palpable sometimes and anon is right

I don't even ask for critiques here anymore because talentless kikes like you just come here to shit on anyone who makes the mistake of posting a "critique my art" thread here on the critique board.

Such sin.
>>
>>2890772
It's because you're not feeling productive. You have lots of free time so it doesn't have much value. There's a saying "if you want to a job to get something done, give it to a busy man". It's because people who are active and working have momentum and are in the process of doing. You experienced this doing art while taking classes, I experience it when I'm working full time (I'm a contractor and my hours vary).

But when work is slow, I tend to have low motivation, and you feel it too.
It's motivational inertia between active or dormant.
>>
>>2893183
So it really is best to get a STEM job and just do art on the side?
>>
>>2893184
Become a doctor desu.
>>
>>2893198
What about the T desu ka?
>>
>>2892882
Nigger I spend a whole day just inking shit sometimes and I'm a digital assisted canvas trash hack. Finishing in a day isn't important, it's finishing at all. Put care into your art, take your time. Keep working until you think it's done. Even if it means you took four days for a simple bust shot, the more you work on it, the better it will look and the better you'll be when you start the next piece.

Also, DestinyBlue is trash.
>>
>>2887246
I'm too shitty to work with the groups that actually do anything cool, and all the people who want to work with me (somehow) even worse than I am.
>>
>>2893216
>tfw was about to ask anon if they wanted to work together then saw the second part of the sentence
Come on, I may be worse than you, but we can still do this as long as you draw anime.
>>
someone just talk me out of going to art school or into committing suicide pls

early onset carpal tunnel runs in the senpai and is hittin me pretty hard in my drawing hand, and my ribs suck so bad i need surgery for that. i have pretty shitty adhd so i literally can't focus for more than 10 minutes and eventually wander off instead of finishing the damn page. because of this i'm probably never gonna get a job doing comics, which is all i've ever wanted to do really.

hell, i'm even stretching properly, and not stippling or any painful shit like that, and my hand still feels like it's falling apart.

on top of all that fun medical stuff, i had the great luck to be born missing most of my penis. insurance doesn't cover the treatment, and it's a fucking LOT. granted, people say i'm skilled but i kinda don't believe them, because you need to actually be able to work to get paid. there is no way i can work enough to keep up, let alone handle school. even though it's what i really want to do with my life. guess I gotta do boring STEM shit, but eventually i'll fail at that too.

a pretty good art school's gonna send me their decision letter soon (i'm 18 so don't frickin ban me), and i am just lost.
>>
>>2893220
ask your parents to pay for therapy
>>
>>2893220
School is pretty boring to be honest desu, but since you got the opportunity go for it and take what you can. If you don't like it, then drop out and go work a job. Also, stop hating yourself, if people say you're good. Believe them and don't believe they say ever again. Never doubt those words. Do listen to yourself though. You're the one who's always right. So make whatever decision, but if you want to do this then go for it.
>>
>>2893184
doesn't have to be stem, heck, it doesn't even have to be a job. Just something obligatory and time consuming that you do every day as part of a routine.
>>
>>2893219
>>
>>2893226
This sounds counter intuitive to everything that I have ever learned. Surely, this can't be right. What about those people who have all the freetime in the world and spend it all on art? It worked for them didn't it?
>>
>>2893251

It's not that novel of an idea, anon. Here are some links I got off Google about it.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26963764

http://moya.bus.miami.edu/~jularan/Papers/Prod_JPSP.pdf

http://tspr.org/post/how-being-busy-affects-our-motivation
>>
holy heck didn't know we have our very own wordfilter

>>2893225
thanks friendo.
>>
It's all my fault and i'm still doing nothing.
>>
>>2893336
No no, that's not how it works anon. You have to place all the blame on other people, You did nothing wrong. It was everyone else's fault.
>>
File: 1486610796740.jpg (144KB, 1186x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1486610796740.jpg
144KB, 1186x1000px
>>2887246
waaaah my dick is so big i cant keep my hands of it XDDDD
AHAHHAHA LE GRAT ONE I JERK IT UNLIT IT PSHOT DUST LELELEL
>>
File: 1486679130593.png (287KB, 702x556px) Image search: [Google]
1486679130593.png
287KB, 702x556px
OMGOSH lel just went too take peace
u know LE PISS PISS XD
so i jus drop le dicko in
i am standing by the way XD
wait until tip hits rim of toilet seat XDDDD
ITS DARK BUT I AM SHOTING LE ACCUYATE
>>
>>2893373
>>2893367
>>>/s4s/
>>
I'm afraid to start my comic because it's right wing and has a majority anthro cast.
The two things working to distance both Right wingers and Leftists, I'm sure my comic would just get ignored.
My excuse is that I find excuses not to begin.
>>
>>2893436
>I'm afraid to start my comic because it's right wing and has a majority anthro cast.
Write a better story.
>>
I'm lazy
>>
>>2893438
least I wrote one faggot
>>
>>2893436
don't make it political then.
>>
All the motivation all the imagination pretty good art skills a LACK of writing and storytelling talent. I won't start my comic anytime soon at this rate
>>
>>2893463
It's not really political, it's just that most of the stories are pro-Conservative sort of things. Mostly via (thinly) veiled allegory. I don't use current year memes and MAGA hat wearing 2hu's.
I guess what I meant was that the stories I write are conservative in values.
>>
>>2893436
Are you making it for internet losers to endlessly praise you, or are you doing it for yourself?

Also, define conservative. You can probably get some readership going if you market it well, but anthrofans will take anything if it falls within their parameters, but advocating for eugenics might be just a lil too conservative.
>>
File: giphy.gif (731KB, 478x276px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
731KB, 478x276px
>>2887246
>Crybaby Thread
>Only one image of crying baby.
You guys are never gonna make it.
>>
>>2892861
At this point I doubt it. I'm too much of a crybaby.
Everytime I try and it just fails so bad.
I think only some people are able to make it and I'm not one of them.
Good luck to you though.

I actually always say i'll give up but I know i'll keep drawing. Thanks for making this thread though. It's good to whine from time to time.
>>
File: 1487485071532.gif (176KB, 250x291px) Image search: [Google]
1487485071532.gif
176KB, 250x291px
>>2888843
suicide pact?
suicide pact.

>>2893783
>not drawing crying babies instead
>>
>>2892965
It's either become a normie and get gud, or fuck off and die.
>>
>>2892912
I don't get how you guys can start drawing when you're little and fall out of love with it and/or not improve. I just started 4 months ago, I've never even picked up a pencil to draw in my life beforehand, and I envy people that have been drawing since they could walk.
>>
File: Shining Black.jpg (1MB, 2448x2468px) Image search: [Google]
Shining Black.jpg
1MB, 2448x2468px
>>2887246
Who else live-at-home NEET who can't decide what to do with their life?

>Drop out of art school (didn't like the school, other places are too expensive) at 21 after sophomore year.
>Take a semester off...
>One semester turns into five years.
>Five years of bouncing between shitty PT job to PT job, most of which I struggle with due to having diagnosed autism, making me slow at tasks (also happened in HS and art school)
>No ambition to go back to college
>Current work full time as a security guard, which I love. $10 an hour, but it's night shift, and it's fun.
>Saved up around $9000. Haven't bought a car, yet, but I finally can, for the first time in my life.

>Illustration
>Police Officer
>Navy
>Graphic Design
>Architecture
>Photographer (again? Went through a photography phase after a trip to NYC when I was 17, but I dropped it while at school because it was allegedly expensive to keep up with. How stupid I was)

Every time I think about a possible future career, I feel like my brain is about to explode. I don't want to be a semi-NEET asshole bumming off my old Parkinson's addled father any longer.

How do I get off of this wild ride? I felt like an old man when I was a 19 year old freshman in college, and now I'm three months away from being 26, and I still compare myself to others.

Why can't I just man up and choose, already?

>Pic related. Took this when I was 17. Dropped taking photos when my second digital camera broke. Why do I give up at the slightest obstacle?
>>
>>2893895
I was the artsy one when I was a kid, but I stopped drawing around 9th grade or so.
Trying to pick it back up is hard.
>>
>>2893925
>Every time I think about a possible future career, I feel like my brain is about to explode.

Then don't rhink. I threw away a scholarship at the local tech college to go to art school despite not having any prior experience or interest in art. I didn't think that decision through, and I don't have the intelligence to regret it.
>>
File: ss+(2017-03-11+at+11.09.50).jpg (119KB, 993x803px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-03-11+at+11.09.50).jpg
119KB, 993x803px
>>2887246
Everything I draw comes out like shit.
I have no idea how to practice and what to practice exactly.
And I have no style.
Pic related is the most recent thing I've drawn. Literally took me near enough 30 minutes to do just to get it all looking right (or as right as it could be).
>>
>>2889121
>tmw everybody ask me why i wear glasses, even when is not sunny
little do they know is that my sun glasses are made for use in construction
>>
I want to git gud but suicide seems like a better option in every way, what the fuck
>>
>>2894121
Maybe you should ask yourself if you want to live and if you don't, why not. Is it the pain?
>>
>>2894126
Nah, I'm doing pretty good.
I'm not even sad. I just did basic math and I don't see a point - I don't find any pleasure in food, traveling, hobbies, relationships, drugs or any other thing this world has to offer.
The mere idea of going to work every day until I die just to make money that I have no use for seems absurd.

I'm only 19, so it's probably just a regular existential crisis and I promised myself I wouldn't do it unless it there's no change in 10 years. I'm halfway through that, though :)
What about you, anon? Tell me your sorrows and I promise to listen.
>>
File: CUPNpuyU8AI1e1b.png (402KB, 600x437px) Image search: [Google]
CUPNpuyU8AI1e1b.png
402KB, 600x437px
>I'm an autistic neet afraid of deadlines and dealing with people

I have no one to blame but myself.
>>
>>2894159
>implying this wasn't the fault of other people creating impossible expectations on you which caused you to fear deadlines and messing up relationships with people now
>>
>>2890809
I'm 22 from Aus, are you from Sydney? I know one TAFE course that was taught by an ex-Disney painter who taught every basic of art and further.
Plus it can't always be the teacher's fault, it's 50% the student's determination and study prowess. It a student doesn't dedicate, they won't go far.

However, that course did get cut due to low funding. Sad!

>stupid high school art program
You're not from Dully, are you?
>>
>>2894047
Good shit takes time, buddy. You got this.
>>
>>2894512
Do I though?
I'm a crying failure. I can't even draw a proper human skeleton. I want to get into the animation industry but the last time I animated something was like two years ago. I don't think I got this when I evalute how much skill I have, and I do not know what to do or where to start that will lead me on the path of becoming a good artist and and a good animator.
>>
>>2890809
>stupid high school art program
You had an art program in high school? Lucky, we didn't have one. The only art I ever did in school was when I was in kindergarten.
>>
>>2894549
Loomis is your friendo.

Skeleton doesn't matter too much in the grand scheme of things.Try and set aside an hour in a busy day to just practice like hell. Doesn't have to be good, but try as hard as you can. Just fucking work, man. You're getting back into it, and that's the right thing to do.
>>
>>2894378
diff anon here, but I'm also from Aus and it's really a veritable shithole in terms of good art schools and opportunities...

I feel that getting pro here is doable, but there's no way to compete with people who have the opportunity to either attend a good art school or, at the very least, are encouraged to draw continuously and improve everyday with no other responsibilities. (sorry for the salt it's just so frustrating)
>>
>>2893774
Nahh m8, I resent a lot of the "anti-SJW" faggotry online these days. I write what I know and what I'm interested in. So I like to write stories that deal with problems of thinking and have my opinion written into them.
The anthro thing is just because I like drawing animal characters.
>>
File: 1487678731396.jpg (50KB, 500x639px) Image search: [Google]
1487678731396.jpg
50KB, 500x639px
I AM TOO POOR FOR EAR PLUGS AND NOW I'VE GOT A KNEADABLE ERASER STUCK IN MY EAR CANAL
>>
My skill is there but my popularity never shows up, what gives? Ive tried different social medias and fanarts. I see these people below my skill level having it easy and patreon money.
>>
>>2894756
Maybe you're not drawing the right subject matter
>>
File: 9461384.jpg (18KB, 202x295px) Image search: [Google]
9461384.jpg
18KB, 202x295px
>watch too much anime to get good at drawing anime grils
>>
>>2894756
Try drawing furry porn
>>
>>2894725
It's hard, especially for courses, but atleast there's the internet.
>>
>>2890540
grach draws on ipad a lot and he's pretty gud at it, might be worth trying one out and then return it if it's not working for you
>>
>>2894549
Make a realistic goal - draw one line a day. Just one damn line.
Once you get to it, obviously you won't only draw one line, you'll draw a bit more. Always have 2-3 books on the fundamentals to practice from. Try drawabox.com, the guy takes it easy and simple.

Break down your drawing sessions into a warm-up, studies and personal work.
Pay a visit to the sticky. Don't let frustration get to you.
>>
>>2894946
>Don't let frustration get to you.
Hardest part of this post.

Any tips on what you can do if frustration does get to you?
>>
>>2891534
your head is too filled with stress and expectations and fears etc that you dont have room to think or remember or imagine

first you must empty your mind, even for half an hour a day, before bed or in the morning or lunch break, just half an hour where nothing matters and you can do dumb doodles while listening to music, a little bubble where the future and past dont matter, it's just you and your pen on the page

The better I get at focusing on where I am right now and letting go of imagined pressures and ticking clocks and shouting thoughts, the happier I become. I think it's helping my art too, but who knows, it'll take months to find out.
>>
>>2894756
My guess would be networking and consistency.
No one cares about anatomy studies and loomis posted once a week, you have to have a workflow and produce finished work.
Also, people won't like you when they sense you despise them and only want their cash and following.

>>2894947
What I've found is that the key is realizing it.
There are times when every line I put down looks like shit, so I draw even more furiously and it looks even worse, then I spiral into hating my work, my decision to become an artist, my life and this world, respectively.
Then I throw away the pencil, jerk off and go to sleep thinking about suicide.

Once you get the initial symptoms, recognize it. Don't do any more creative work. Copy something or connect dots on paper to practice line confidence. Put drawing away, stop by the artbook thread and pick yourself something nice. Browse pinterest for ideas to spark some creativity.
Having a couple Vilppu videos on your hard drive and watching them whenever this happens to you is a great tactic. His calm voice and passion for the craft always reminds me of why we do what we do.
Good luck anon and have fun drawing.
>>
File: bathtime.jpg (53KB, 591x462px) Image search: [Google]
bathtime.jpg
53KB, 591x462px
>>2894947
let go
>>
>>2894956
Funny, how that's some what my process already. I don't always remember what materials help remind me why I do what I do, but I'll make sure to keep them up in a place so that I can grab them quickly within the future. Thanks for answering. Good luck to you too and lets all have fun.

>>2894957
I try.
>>
>>2887246
I got a job working for a game studio a few months ago, been working towards this for years. Have a salary and everything.

I'm also schizo and started relapsing this last month. Couldn't get out of bed or eat the entire last week.
Cant afford a hospital cause fuck US healthcare. Still in debt from the last time.

This has been what I've been afraid of.
If i fuck up my career I'll kill myself.
>>
>>2895032

Good luck, Anon. I sometimes deal with extreme states of disassociation but I imagine schizophrenia must be a hundred times worse.
>>
>>2895032
How did you make it? I don't want to fuck up and suffer the same fate. Schizo is scary shit.
>>
>>2895032
Go to a doctor you fucking idiot.
>>
>>2894643
Serious question. Where do you start with Loomis?
I've been reading some of his stuff lately and I have not drawing anything yet. What are the parts that matter the most to drawing the figure?
>>
>>2895507
Typically you start with his Head and Hands book. Then I figure you could do his figure drawing book. Fun with a pencil talks about proportions too I think.

Although, I don't understand you second question. What do you mean what are the parts that matter the most?
>>
>>2895511
Thanks for answering.
For the second question I'm refering to what segments in the figure drawing book are most important to read through? Do I have to read through the whole book word for word, or are there just specific segments that go over what I need to know?
>>
>>2895531
Considering it's a book that condenses a ton of information already, you really should just read the whole thing, but if you don't want to, it's fine. Do what you think is right.
>>
>>2894943
I looked him up- thanks. I think it'd help my quality of life a lot, but I feel so guilty asking my family for it. Maybe it'll allow me to do work again to pay them back.
>>
File: le hospitalized orangutan face.jpg (41KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
le hospitalized orangutan face.jpg
41KB, 600x600px
Regardless of what I am outside of it, in the art world, even within the low-brow, vapid kind of expressions of it that I strive so unsuccessfully to produce, I'll never be anything more than a fat little tuna trying in vain to swim upstream. I'm not going to make it...-and I'm devastated. I haven't drawn for several weeks. I'm not going to stop drawing, I just don't have any pretensions of success anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IEbfDtDaUc
>>
my lines on paper are better than those on the intuos5
>>
>>2895649
Then draw on paper and scan it.
Jesus why do I even need to tell you people this. It's the most basic shit.
>>
>>2888547
This. procrasination is my downfall
>>
>>2888547
>>2895808
I would suggest you focus more on building discipline for a while than even drawing. Like start forcing yourself to run or do something you hate. Willpower is honestly like a muscle that you need to build.
>>
>>2895825
But how can you look forward to doing something you hate when you're not good at anything? It's super morale crushing.
>>
I am finally working and being paid and everything, but it's not some great studio or a project I am passionate about, just usual mediocre stuff. On top of that I feel like the time doing work might be wasted because my skill does not improve much without constant practice.
>>
>>2895830
H-how did you do it anon? How do I make it to even a mediocre studio?
>>
>>2895038
Thanks, good luck to you too anon.

>>2895040
Draw a lot, get a solid process and build a portfolio specifically directed towards a company you want to work for.
Make sure you know how to build a good portfolio, as in what should be in there and how to organize it.
Making your own mini project/idea and create concept art/whatever your job goal (3d, character design, etc) from that helps.

Get involved with some indie game projects too. Check game dev forums for work.
If you can put that you've helped publish a game or two in your resume then that increases your chances of getting a bigger job significantly.
Despite what you might hear, most studios are more concerned with you knowing what you're doing rather than your art skill.

I've learned to cope pretty well with depression and issues like that for the most part. Once I start losing touch with reality though, shit falls apart.
I don't relapse often and I'm not sure why I am now.

>>2895271
I see a psychiatrist once a month
>>
>>2895828
Because the feeling of having forced yourself to do something through sheer willpower is a really good one, and before long you start craving it. You don't have to already be good at anything, just start doing something.
>>
>>2895833
In my case it was lucky networking, actually I think that sadly most times you don't get job purely because of your amazing portfolio is because the job giver liked you or thought you were good for the team for some reason.
That being said I don't doubt that with an amazing portfolio you can get job almost anywhere without any networking, it's just that even there if you don't mesh with the team you might get problems later on. And I have no experience of AAA and huuuge studios so I don't know how it goes on there.
Humans are still just humans, we are very biased.
>>
>>2895855
I'm heading off to bed, my posts are turning into gibberish.
>>
>>2893887
Normies don't get good you imbecile
>>
I don't want to have to use 3D to work in a production environment.... It isn't as skill based as 2D :'( :'(
>>
>>2895663
Not him but you tell us because you love us, now tell me which scanner is best
>>
Last year I used to be able to pump out original poses like it was nothing but since then I was a little shanghai'd into taking a hiatus from drawing porn to do other stuff, and now I'm trying to get back into it and I can't draw an original pose to save my life.

Pose studies come out fine but doing something from imagination... I've been drawing the same pose for an hour now and it's just making me die inside.

If you ask me to post my work I won't because someone will recognize it and I'm not about it right now.
>>
>>2887246
I don't feel comfortable drawing when my brother or anyone is in the room and can /see/ my screen. I don't want people seeing how bad I am
>>
>>2896363
This. I don't want them getting the wrong idea if they see me doing something bad. It's sometimes okay!
>>
>>2896346
No one will recognize it unless you're like, Gashi or (((Schmorky))). Post it nigger.
>>
tfw tremors make it impossible to have the control I want over my drawings. I wish I were dead
>>
>>2895895
Not gonna make it.
>>
>>2896346
Get a mannequin then. A little wooden thing for like $10.
>>
File: ede.jpg (23KB, 400x599px) Image search: [Google]
ede.jpg
23KB, 400x599px
My style and inspiration has stagnated and I feel no progression whatsoever

But it doesn't matter, there are much better artists than I. so I'm redundant and unnecessary, because what I want to achieve has been done, and it's better.
>>
File: tumblr_om8qj9vCKb1r89qoso3_500.jpg (42KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_om8qj9vCKb1r89qoso3_500.jpg
42KB, 500x364px
>>2887246
Doctor found a drusen in my eyes a few months ago. Said there was a good chance I could go blind in the far future. He didn't tell me anymore, but I have to go in for a few more eye tests later this year.
I'm scared ;__; My job, literally every hobby I have, requires perfect eyesight.
What's the point of trying to learn to draw?
>>
File: 1485617567049.jpg (168KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1485617567049.jpg
168KB, 500x375px
>>2893895
>I don't get how you guys can start drawing when you're little and fall out of love with it and/or not improve.

There are thresholds that you will cross that will sap the life out of what you do, and it usually begins with the question of whether you were doing it for the approval of others or for self-satisfaction. Some people just keep moving because they can think to do nothing else, I was one of those people - I just didn't realize how burnt out I really was because art was the only thing I knew.

There comes a point where it's a lot like waking up in the morning to find that your dick is missing.
>>
>>2897332
Sounds rough. Now I'm scared to even continue to learn.
>>
File: 1435537657137.jpg (77KB, 500x347px) Image search: [Google]
1435537657137.jpg
77KB, 500x347px
My tablet is so small cause I'm a poorfag who can't find a job and can't afford anything else. Drawing on it really sucks.

I wish I had a cintiq...
>>
>>2897446
The tablet isn't what's holding you back and you know it.

You can make brilliant art on a piece of paper. You can make brilliant art with MSPaint and a mouse if you wanted to.
>>
>>2897448
But I didn't say anything like that? I was just commenting how it's not fun to draw on something so small.
>>
>>2895643
>a fat little tuna trying in vain to swim upstream
Buddy...
1. Tuna's are large
2. Being fat is a good thing for a tuna
3. They swim in the ocean, not a fucking stream
>>
>>2897436

Sometimes you don't really have a choice, but when you do, just know when to fold 'em and recollect. Above all else, enjoy the process of creating - that is for you and you alone.
>>
File: NOOOOO.jpg (283KB, 1468x1468px) Image search: [Google]
NOOOOO.jpg
283KB, 1468x1468px
>>2897332
>There comes a point where it's a lot like waking up in the morning to find that your dick is missing.

I don't think I have ever read a truer description of that feel
>>
>have a shitton of free time to draw
>end up playing vidya all day
>don't even like vidya, just stare at my steam library and constantly check /v/
>have only gotten 1 page of drawabox line exercises done this week when I should be doing 3 a day
kill me
>>
>>2897495

You haven't found a rhythm in your work routine. It's not particularly uncommon either, we're indoctrinated from childhood to frequently look for distractions from productivity.
The only way to break the cycle is to immerse yourself in your work, it doesn't even have to be structured, just sit down and work for as long as you possibly can. Worry about a schedule when you can focus for so long that your hands are sweating and cramping.
>>
File: Screenshot_39.png (2MB, 1679x830px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_39.png
2MB, 1679x830px
>nearly 1000 followers
>getting commissions

what the fuck, /ic/.
>>
>>2897495

Like the other anon said, what you need is a good routine.
That said in contrast to his suggestion I think the trick, rather than 'work as long as possible' is just set aside a managable timeframe and do it consistently. IE "When I wake up but before I boot up steam, draw for 30 minutes."

After a few weeks you'll be knocking the 30 minutes out daily effortlessly, the decision of "do I draw or not?" won't be there, it'll be "it's time to draw, what should I draw?".

From there just bump it up, and remember that you can exceed that 30 minutes whenever you want.

It's a rookie mistake for a lot of artists to think they'll be able to dive into an 8 hour routine as soon as they've got the time, it's much harder than that and you need to build your way up.
>>
>>2897530
>rather than 'work as long as possible' is just set aside a managable timeframe and do it consistently. IE "When I wake up but before I boot up steam, draw for 30 minutes."

I do see the flaw in my suggestion, but it really is predicated on the basis that this is the kind of person who chronically wastes time and would perceive structured timeframes as quotas.

It works for normal people, but others will revert to jerking off to feet and promise to do it tomorrow. That's when you need to pull the slack out of the bar and just do it.
>>
>>2897527
Niceness and optimism > skill
(In the market)
>>
>>2897495
That sounds insane, I'm the same way as well. Jesus, I didn't even notice until I read this post.
>>
>>2897527
> That Star Butterfly piece

Jesus Christ, that's fucking heretical. /c/ would be all over you for even posting that.
>>
>>2887246
Boo hoo I have arthritis in my hands and my fingers are slowly twisting themselves til I can't use a paintbrush.
Wahhhh it hurts to paint, Wahh it's slowly getting worse! Wahhhhh
>>
>>2897728
Time to cut off of your hand and get a nice robotic one that can do the same job.
>>
All I draw is mostly shit anime and I'm not confident enough to render shit/actually go through with more than a sketch when some of these generic pieces I'm working on need redlining(but I'm embarrassed to actually offer any of them over to someone to look at)

I'm terrible at anatomy. What can I do to study more?
>>
>>2897736
I draw good(bad) anime too, but really anon. You have to go through with them even if they may look bad. It's the only way to know if they will look bad or not. You can't know the result until you've done it.

Anatomy is complicated though. But, the answer is there right? If you want to get better, draw more.
>>
I'm taking a figure drawing class and all of a sudden we have to do a full figure sculpture in clay within two weeks (due basically today) and I've spent the last two days non-stop trying to fix mine. It caved in after hollowing it out with segments completely falling apart and all I feel is rage.

Smashed it in a bit and now I feel hopeless. The prof of the class even recommended me for an art grant so now I feel even fucking worse.
>>
>>2897779
It's just one assignment. Acknowledge your mistakes and continue to move on. Stuff happens, but what's important is not giving up.
>>
>>2897779
tell him that sculpting by hand is a lost skill now that 3D printing is a thing
>>
>>2897783
I know... I haven't felt this much rage at my inadequency in a long time. My art as of late has been held up by personal issues, so being confronted with a graded assignment on something I've never one before is not helping. Plus my grant hasn't even gone through and I'm scared that my grade will drop too low to get it or that my papers never even got processed.

I wish I didn't feel so serious about art but I can't help that my self-esteem rests on it because it's the only purpose I have.

Sorry for autist-blogging, and thanks for the reply. I just have to keep trying.

>>2897807
kek
Funnily enough, there is actually a ceramics prof in the art department who does a lot of 3D printing, and even has a short course on it. But my professor does strictly traditional sculpture, and their work is really great.
>>
File: eYukehO.jpg (54KB, 645x613px) Image search: [Google]
eYukehO.jpg
54KB, 645x613px
>>2897591
>optimism
>>
>used to be an art prodigy from birth to high school
>crippling depression struck
>lost all passion
>haven't touched a pencil or paintbrush in years
don't know how to come back to it all
feel like a failure, feel like I lost time, feel like I wasted it all, feel like I will never be good anymore after years of posturing myself to be a career painter and artist
>>
File: 1234017.jpg (40KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1234017.jpg
40KB, 900x900px
FUCKING HELL I GOT MY JUICE ON MY WACOM TABLET
JUST FUCKING END MY LIFE AS IF MY BAD DRAWING SKILLS WASNT BAD ENOUGH
>>
There's no museums in my area, I really wanted to go to a a War vehicle, arboretum and motorcycle/Car Museum to sketch and learn...
>>
>>2897728
Use your feet then, faggot. No excuse!
>>
>>2897779
> Clay sculpture
> Hollow part

Jesus Christ, how horrifying.
>>
>>2897874
Your imaginary career at art is over
Back to being the business major your parents always told you to be. Maybe you can even afford a new tablet if you save up your allowance. Maybe.
>>
File: shapes.jpg (618KB, 900x806px) Image search: [Google]
shapes.jpg
618KB, 900x806px
>>2896670
Are you the anon who asked a question about drawing with tremors before? I meant to answer them, but now I can't find the post.

Have you thought about "drawing" with shapes? Pic related is by James Gilleard, who I think uses the shape tool in illustrator to make his art. You can still make some pretty nice stuff without needing perfect dexterity
>>
I spend more time one 4chan and video games than I do drawing.
/notgonnamakeit/
>>
>>2898476
> I waste my time
> I know that I'm wasting time
> I'm going to continue wasting time
Good job, Anon, you suck like 90% of this website (including me).
>>
>>2898546
>tfw in 10% but not good
>>
>>2898549
Show me some of that 10% senpai, I can only dream to attain there. Please...
>>
>>2898552
But all I do is just not waste time. I probably draw just like you do.
>>
>>2898557
Just show me, please, I'm fucking dying over here.
>>
>>2887246
when she 7 but that mouth 18
>>
>>2894756
try facebook and boost your page
>>
I'm 28. I've squandered my time and I'm too old now.
>>
>>2898716
>>2887444
>>
>>2898716
bullshit. you can still learn faggot. NOW GET TO IT!
>>
>>2897504
>It's not particularly uncommon either, we're indoctrinated from childhood to frequently look for distraction
and this comes from bad education, parents who don't have time for kids education chose to rather have them distracted by something than bother with their questions or requests
and then latter on, after letting you grow on that, they tell it's time to grow up and stop doing those kids things and do ''mature stuff'' without realizing we are not kids, but adults-in-becoming, and everything we do now, we will want to do our entire life

blame your parents, reeducate yourself, and don't do the same mistakes as them with your kids
>>
>>2898790
>and this comes from bad education, parents who don't have time for kids education chose to rather have them distracted by something than bother with their questions or requests
>and then latter on, after letting you grow on that, they tell it's time to grow up and stop doing those kids things and do ''mature stuff'' without realizing we are not kids, but adults-in-becoming, and everything we do now, we will want to do our entire life
Too fucking real.

Seriously, they won't even take the blame.
>>
My memory seem to go to shit. I don't remember what I did last week, and it applies to art too. I keep forgetting trivial shit. It's realy depressing.
>>
>>2898826
It's okay, anon, hopefully it comes back to both of us.
>>
File: 1482138597026.jpg (39KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1482138597026.jpg
39KB, 400x400px
I've been drawing for 10 years.
I've been studying Japanese for 15 months.

I'm still beginner tier in drawing because I lack discipline/mileage.
I am already halfway through fluency in Japanese because I feel motivated and study every day.

I NEED GOALS WITH DRAWING, FOR FUCK'S SAKE, ART IS SUPPOSED TO BE MY JOB. FUCK THIS GAY EARTH.
>>
draw every object or action or emotion a new word you learned refers to
>>
>>2898837
Why aren't you in the /djt/ thread? Just draw your doujins already.
>>
>>2898849
Why would I? I need motivation to draw, not to moon.
>draw your doujins
Low-test and low blood pressure. Not really compelling content. But reading some comfy mangos really makes me wish I could draw.
>>
>>2898872
>doesn't have a motivation to draw
Maybe drawing ain't for you then. Post some of your drawings.
>>
>>2898837
I was planing on learning nip, do you got tips or can point me to resources?
>>
File: 1479984553933.jpg (2MB, 1547x4981px) Image search: [Google]
1479984553933.jpg
2MB, 1547x4981px
>>2898878
Go to >>>/int/djt (don't confuse it with the "Japanese Thread", which is shit), there are great resources over there.

>>2898875
>Post some of your drawings.
Nothing good ever comes following this sentence, but sure, why not?
Have fun.

Highlights from August through last week.
Not that I had to leave much out, this is around 1/3~1/4 of everything I drew during this period of time.
>>
>>2898927
Whoa, you're so good. How long you been drawing? How did you learn how to draw too? Just copying from artists you like? What about your colors? Amazing stuff, anon. So much potential for growth, I can see you becoming very good if you keep it up. Gambatte!
>>
>>2898931
As I've said, 10 years.
I have a huge resistance to copying from others, so I have my own "style" through trial-and-error. With a huge weeb bias, of course. And my colors are perhaps the only thing I'm really satisfied with.

I appreciate that you appreciate it, but I'm sure a dedicated person could get to this level in 1 year, tops.
>>
File: 1422014314640.jpg (46KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1422014314640.jpg
46KB, 400x400px
>>2898837
>>2898927
I hope I don't end up like you.
>>
>>2898837
>>2898927
>>2898982
10 years, you say? That's not right, that's not right at all. How can someone not become proficient at drawing in 10 years? That's impossible. I hope I don't end up like you.
>>
>>2899065
>>2899745
I mean, at least I'm not Chris-chan.
But yeah, do your reps. Erryday. Else you'll be my disciples!

I must have 2000 drawing hours at most.
>>
>>2898837

Please, for all that is holy. Post your work.
>>
>>2889114
always remember
>go with your non-drawing hand first
>>
File: loomis 2 1.png (115KB, 1440x1440px) Image search: [Google]
loomis 2 1.png
115KB, 1440x1440px
>>2887246
I'm doing lommis and I'm trying
>>
File: 1435169978011.gif (1MB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1435169978011.gif
1MB, 300x200px
>cant find ref for a specific pose i want
"it's okay ill just use a simpler pose"
>keeps fucking up body ratios and whatever so i waste 20 mins trying to fix shit
"i-it's fine"
>finished lineart is complete dogshit
>picrelated.gif
>>
>>2891738
Are you my brother? I swear you sound like my brother
>>
>>2887246

I'm intimidated by my tablet.
>>
File: meesa kms.jpg (59KB, 267x336px) Image search: [Google]
meesa kms.jpg
59KB, 267x336px
>>2897495
>cut all addictive vidya out of my life
>start being productive
>remember childhood Warcraft 3 play and custom games
>multi is still alive
>suddenly addicted to a super fun custom game that also indulges my weakness to gambling with randomized unit roster
I said I'd drop it cold turkey today and I've already played four games
>>
>>2901229
>Warcraft 3
>good
If you're going to waste your life on games, at least play something that isn't total trash.
>>
File: cover.jpg (663KB, 1800x1800px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
663KB, 1800x1800px
>Be in first year art studies (Prepa)
>Tired af everytime.
>Think I draw just dooble shit.
>Don't sleep enough.
>[Psychological problems intensifies]
>Start a forced family therapy because I discover my aunt was raped, restart to became a drug addict, died and my grand-father avenge her by killed the rapist.
>These facts explains why my father's family is fucked up and why we, children, got psychological problems.
>Feel forced to work more for got nice school.
>Give up my goals.
>disappoint my senpai.
>Still have pain in my back.

I hope things gonna be better soon.
>>
>>2901283
things are gonna be better but you gotta be the first to do it.

do stuff that will make you feel good. i sense that there's too much negatives left in you from those times. just do good stuff for yourself, try new things that can give you any kind of purpose be it selfish or selfless. maybe start cleaning and dealing with all the shit you had and maybe even letting go of things that remind you of bad times.
>>
>>2901272
>W3
>bad
prove it faggot
especially since I'm not even playing melee, just a custom game full of those beautiful models
>>
Been working really hard, finished an 'art'degree that is worth absolute shite. Almost thirty and still living with my parents. Working a shitty job that doesn't make enough to make a decent living on my own, unable to get a better job because shitsystem in country not giving me a chance even tho I am smart enough.

/nevergoingtoamounttoanythingeveragain/
>>
>>2889175
lel
>>
>>2889114
see a therapist dude, this is unhealthy paranoia
>>
>>2901462
omg r u me
>go to art school at age 19
>finish it at age 26
>still draw like average deviantart user
JUST
>>
>>2901462
>>2901666
Just goes to show that talent is real.

You have to be born to make it.
>>
>>2901669
this is why im an atheist
>>
File: 1401053224490.gif (47KB, 306x469px) Image search: [Google]
1401053224490.gif
47KB, 306x469px
I move around too often so I'm unable to bring a lot of my art supplies with me. All I take with me is a sketchbook and a pencil. The rest just sits at my parents place collecting dust while I try to find a place to call my own. I spend all of my commission cash on bus tickets.

I'm running dangerously low on art supplies and can't even find an apartment on an artist's wage. I'm about ready to give up on art and go for music like I've been advised to.
>>
>>2901985
people talking about this makes me think a little harder than usual about how many people draw for money that can also handle dealing with money.

how responsible even is anyone here with money from paypal? i've screwed up before but i've never, say, not offered people to pay after they get something or skip/delay payments. i've also met outright very generous people who don't seem to mind at all that something is taking longer, but the common factor always seems to be that the artist who did the purchase doesn't follow through. I'm not saying I've had absolutely every sort of person offer to pay me for a drawing, but the on the other hand i have received larger amounts of money from fewer people and either way that can be complicated if you haven't done it for awhile. I'm still thinking about if I should try to make an entire living off of stuff like patreon. It just sounds so risky to charge like $4,500 for even the biggest paintings/whatever you can do. Even if it took weeks that sounds like overcharging.

So obviously the scale of what that guy charged for his commission is suspicious in and of itself. But even something like $170 is a lot of money, and I'm willing to bet, if you looked at every concurrent drawthread, one in every three posts is by an artist who's charged at least that before. If you think of it that way, maybe, the possibility of money losing its focus between artist/customer could be much more common.

So what I'm obsessing over right now, I guess, is if the possible ratio of people who actually screw up with commission money to the people who are responsible with it. It's not the easiest thing to do and I'm sure everyone else can get that, right? It's not unexpected or even bad to at times be loose and a little late with smaller purchases as long as you follow through, but thinking about how many people might not have followed through at all is expectable, right? What even happens to those people?
>>
>>2902216
i shouldn't have said "make a living" off patreon. no one makes an actual living off of patreon, that's not even what it's for. what i meant is to rely on patreon/paypal money as living money and not having it be a basis for art spending, etc bs
>>
>>2887246

>have a decent mental list of obvious shit i could do if i really wanted to be better
>actually want to be better but don't do a thing on this list because "lmao takes too long"
>surrounded by people with either money or actual skill so i think i should join in
>make garbage
>realize it's garbage and either give up for too long or try to redo the problems only to make the same basic "your hand isn't steady" mistakes
>slowly straying to the side of terrible artists with no fundamental skills at all because muh style

actually kill me
>>
>>2902360
It is garbage and you're fucking anon.

However, you can be more than that.

You just don't want it badly enough.

You'd rather have it easy and suffer being garbage than having it hard and suffering being good.

Just get drawing and get better.

Stop making up the excuses.

Just do it.

Make your dreams come true.
>>
>>2902370
I see.

I think I know what to do next but it's almost 11 PM so that will have to hold off until some time tomorrow.

Thank you for that.
>>
>>2889124
:'(
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.