[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the opinion about Faber Castel products?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

File: logo.jpg (61KB, 1063x333px) Image search: [Google]
logo.jpg
61KB, 1063x333px
What's the opinion about Faber Castel products?
>>
>>2886616
i had them when i was in kinder, pretty good desu.
>>
Terrible graphite pencils IMO
>>
Their pencils are god-tier.
>>
Fine pencils
>>
Expensive
>>
>>2886622
>>2886623

/ic/ at its finest.

polychromos are good too
>>
>>2886629
my dude.
Black Polychromes are amazing for sketching and charcoal replacements.
>>
File: 141001_20_PB2.jpg (105KB, 751x500px) Image search: [Google]
141001_20_PB2.jpg
105KB, 751x500px
Good color pencils and pastels. A few decent fountain pens, good fountain pen inks. Meme-tier "luxury" products.
>>
>>2886616
I use their pencils and some Polychromos for sketching. They are good quality and don't break easily. Not a big fan of their charcoal though when I compare it to Conte or Wolff's Carbon.
They have a lot of ridiculous luxury items, but we Germans just love to fuck around and overbuild stuff just for the hell of it.

Some of the products are overpriced, but they never sell complete shit (to my knowledge).
>>
>>2886616
As a German, Staedtler and Faber-Castell are my go-to brands because their stuff is very cheap and easy to come by here. I don't have much experience with their luxury products.
>>
>>2886616
If you happen to be a Faber Castell shill doing market research, make some decent charcoal or carbon pencils. Current ones are shit.
>>
>>2886729
>shill
Lol I was just looking into buying some color pencils, and the brands they usualy talk about in /ic/ like prismacolor are not sold in my country.
>>
>>2886616

They smell fantastic, I like to keep an open box around
>>
>>2886616
I use their ballpoint pens as a challenge in a way, for inking and drawing.

I rank Staedler pens much lower, because they require to be used almost vertically and with a lot of pressure. About as bad as regular ballpoints.
>>
>>2886616
Bought some polychromos pencils because I'm a Vilppu fanboy and they really are surprisingly nice to sketch with, the lead is stong enough to hold a long taper if you want to use them that way and you can get a nice range of values, especially if you combine a couple different pencils. The lead is soft though so they tend to run out quickly, more so if you like to keep them sharp. Worth it though.
>>
>>2886729
>make some decent charcoal or carbon pencils

This, the charcoal pencils are trash.
>>
>>2886616
Pitt pens are better than microns
>>
For pitt pens. I do feel like I run through these pens a lot and have to buy more. Still the price really is not bad for the quality. I think its a good balance.
>>
I really like the brush pens and the grey colored pens. I don't know about them being a 'luxury' product, the brand is very affordable where I live.
>>
>>2890299
yeah those brush pens are nice, the tip fucks up pretty fast tho
>>
>>2890330
pro tip: the nibs are double-sided, so you can pull them with tweezers and reverse it to get a fresh tip.
>>
God tier erasers
>>
>>2891592
god yes this, my local art store only sells them with packs of 2B, 4B and 6B pencils but its worth it for that amazing eraser
>>
File: CxXWNksVIAIiCMg.jpg (43KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
CxXWNksVIAIiCMg.jpg
43KB, 500x750px
Motherfuckers need to make felt tip and tech pens that don't go dry or have their nib ruined after 4 hours of use
>>
>>2886616
Good pencils, way better than Kohs or Derwents. No clue about other things, havent tried them.
>>
>>2892407
Meant graphite pencils.
>>
File: inktense.jpg (97KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
inktense.jpg
97KB, 600x600px
>>2892407
speaking of derwent anyone tried this?
>>
Once bought a black Pitt pen set with 4 sizes, I believe 4 years ago, hadn't used them for a long time until I decided to seriously git gud as a new years resolution.
I think they're really great, even after sitting still for at least 3 years they still work perfectly fine.
>>
>>2891592
>>2891619
Which ones are you guys talking about? They have many kinds of erasers. Would appreciate a picture or a description so I can buy a few next time I am at the store.
>>
File: image.jpg (227KB, 752x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
227KB, 752x960px
>>2886616
I love their lightweight lead holders for 2-3mm leads.
>>
>>2886616
cheap but really nice colored pencils.
>>
File: 21553-1001-3ww-l.jpg (28KB, 600x234px) Image search: [Google]
21553-1001-3ww-l.jpg
28KB, 600x234px
>>2892470
I was talking about these vinyl erasers
>>
>>2892415
I got the inktense blocks and they're neat. Colors are really vivid.
>>
>>2886622
Finally someone says it
>>
>>2888886

Reddit told me they were good. They lied. What pen are you using?
>>
Not directly related but what does everyone think of "prismacolor col-erase" color pencils, I don't want to use them for artistic drawing, I want them for physics and math to differenciate between variables/parentheses/graphs, basically to make the algebra part more visual and give myself a little more room for failure (an option to erase).

So, do they erase well? that's my main question. Also another thing that's not so important but I'd like, is their color range usable for (vaguely) applying color theory for operations? (for example using yellow for a number added/multiplied/etc to a blue number equals green)
>>
>>2894624
CX5 246603 and 142303

Somewhat similar in handling to those micron pens and Kuretake pens. The points are pretty sharp and responsive with very little pressure. About a step or two away from dip pens and stuff, but much much better than Staedler pens and regular ballpoints.
>>
>>2886616
I love the 9000 pencils, way better than the blue Staedtlers in softer grades
>>
>>2895495

I'm about 10 hours into drawabox and have the pitt and staedtler micron style...

Constantly fighting flow rate and position of the pen, figured i was just a scrub but you describe exactly what I'm dealing with.

I'll see what these are like thanks anon.
>>
>>2895551
Nope. They're just harder and lighter, Lumographs are the best german pencil. Better quality wood, better QC, not as hard but not as soft as japanese pencils.
>>
polychromos are great
everything else is ugly and sucks
>>
>>2894742
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K3vof69vP4
they seem to erease well
>>
File: 91LRJqdN0hL._SL1500_.jpg (313KB, 1364x1500px) Image search: [Google]
91LRJqdN0hL._SL1500_.jpg
313KB, 1364x1500px
Have this
Absolute god-tier
>>
>>2895593
The softer lumographs (6b+) have charcoal in it I think, they're not smooth at all. They also get a much thicker lead to prevent breakages. I like that they don't leave the typical shine of graphite but them being as scratchy as hard charcoal is a deal breaker for me.
>>
>>2892565
Thanks!
>>
File: cretacolorneropencil.jpg (18KB, 500x150px) Image search: [Google]
cretacolorneropencil.jpg
18KB, 500x150px
>>2896599
I was only talking about the normal graphite pencils. If you need something as dark as the 7 and 8B you should be using something like these instead.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.