[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Religion and Science

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

File: colors.png (140KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
colors.png
140KB, 640x360px
I need an artwork that depicts the constant search of men for proof of God's existence. I have been searching for ages and this is for school, so all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
>>
File: 6Y2pZ.jpg (234KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
6Y2pZ.jpg
234KB, 1280x800px
>>2886323
>>
Try all manner of psychedelic artwork. Many users of psychedelics claim deeply spiritual experiences, some even interpret their experiencing or meeting god, the godhead, etc.

There is a wealth of psychedelic art which tries to convey the psychedelic experience. Alex Grey of course...
>>
Thanks to both of you, but I meant something more like this but without actual ghostbusters http://commonsenseatheism.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/ghostbusters-jesus-2.png
>>
>>2886323
If you're looking for God, whether it be big G or little g, you won't find it with science. There's always going to something impossible to explain and prove with measurements and numbers.
Ask any mystic if they can prove their experiences and they'll tell you to practice the same things they do and see for yourself.
>>2886327
psychedelics easily mislead people and give false positives, you can have similar experiences without any intoxicants from outside your body.
>>
>>2886347
There is no false positive when it comes to mystic experience

A full on DMT trip is instant access to greater visions than you could ever experience in sober reality

If you are led astray after psychedelics - it wasnt the fault of psychedelics. It's your own folly. Some people cant handle instant access, but its to know fault of the psychedelic.

Where do you think prehistoric man awoke? In sober reality toiling with the daily grind... Nah. It happened with mushrooms and ayahuasca, etc
>>
File: Caravaggio_incredulity.jpg (116KB, 1077x780px) Image search: [Google]
Caravaggio_incredulity.jpg
116KB, 1077x780px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Incredulity_of_Saint_Thomas_(Caravaggio)

It's about a guy who refuses to believe in Jesus' resurrection until he gets to see him with his wounds.
>>
>>2886369
Damn that painting
>>
>>2886347
>thinks LSD is an "intoxicant"
lol. basically the opposite, it's a useful tool for clearing out all the discursive chatter in your head and really focusing on and living in the present moment. And without all the internal dialogue, there's the possibility you draw closer to "god" by entering a calm, more selfless state.

To hunt for god using the tools of science is indeed childish. You gotta look within.
>>
>>2886576
>the kingdom of god is within you
-Jesus
>>
File: walking2.jpg (146KB, 1493x729px) Image search: [Google]
walking2.jpg
146KB, 1493x729px
>>2886323
You could do a walking motion where every shadow left is a different depiction of god.

reminded me of this animation where god costanstly changes his form
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTSHOayOyi8
>>
>>2886356
While I agree with you that psychedelics aren't this misleading intoxicant he makes them out to be and can lead to real awareness, they are only a catalyst. That same state can and has been reached without the aid of drugs.

Indeed it has to be in he long run. Psychedelics are like a helicopter ride to the top of the mountain: you've got to come back down. The only way to stay rooted at the top of the mountain is to make the hike to the summit (i.e daily mediation and watchfulness of your mind)
>>
File: Caravaggio_-_San_Gerolamo.jpg (93KB, 1091x791px) Image search: [Google]
Caravaggio_-_San_Gerolamo.jpg
93KB, 1091x791px
>>2886324
t. Reddit
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.