[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Handpain from drawing so goddamn much

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: handpain.jpg (2MB, 5616x3744px) Image search: [Google]
handpain.jpg
2MB, 5616x3744px
Just got done drawing like 6 hours and my fingers are hurting so much. I been drawing crazy hours for the past couple weeks and i'm thinking of taking a week off so I don't permanently damage my fingers.

My question is how do you guys deal with hand pain? Do you man up and push through it or do you look beyond your lizard brain and find creative solutions?
>>
>>2884770
Get software like eyeleo or similar and take regular short breaks. Use gyroball during breaks for your hand. Don't man up whatever that means and make your injury worse, that's just stupid.
>>
>>2884770
Nigger, i draw on pencil and paper, i'm not using a damn software. I hate getting stupid advice on this board.
>>
>>2884770
What kind of a retarded schedule is that, how about instead of drawing for a week and then taking a week off, you draw for an hour and then take 5 mins off. Do the math yourself.

With traditional, my hand is loose and flowing because of all the parallel line exercises (they don't work unless you loosen up your hand).
With digital, I lower the pressure curve and stretch every 10 minutes, as I'm new to this.
>>
>>2884770
I have marfan syndrome so not taking a break isn't an option for me. Even if I had the option, I'd still take breaks, it's just better for your hand and your drawings will get better too. Taking a 20 ~ 30 min break lets you see your drawings with fresh eyes
>>
>>2884841
First of all I do take breaks retard, and second I never said this was my schedule. I'm just taking a week off so my hand can heal properly. I never said i'll take every other week off. Learn how to fucking read, cunt.
>>
>>2884770
Get a stress ball
>>
>>2884899
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLgyubFK-BM
>>
>>2884902
nice :)
>>
Go to gym and lift heavy weights.
>>
Are you gripping your pen/pencil/whatever tightly?
I never get hand pain unless I tense up too much.
>>
>>2884862
If you take breaks and stretch and your hand still hurts after a couple hours, you probably have a bad posture/grip.
You shouldn't need to take a week long break from drawing at any given point, it will really damage your routine.
Also, no need to be so rude, you shitbag.
>>
>>2884770
I don't understand how people can get into so much pain just drawing. Understand that shit technique, going too long or most likely a combination of the two is causing this pain, and you need to stop for a while and let your shit heal. After you're better, work on not drawing like an autist, and lowering drawing time/frequency some
>>
>>2884770
Use the other hand to masturbate.
>>
>>2884770
pushups.

drop and do 20.

not joking. hen go take a 10 min break every 1 hour
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.