[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Line stability on Photoshop???

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: aaa.jpg (263KB, 3357x1416px) Image search: [Google]
aaa.jpg
263KB, 3357x1416px
HOW?
Pic related. In a sketch this is not noticeable, but linework is just impossible to achieve.
How to you guys do?
>>
>>2884531
Buy LazyNezumi or use another program for inking like Sai.
>>
>>2884531
LazyNezumi is pretty awesome, you should try it out if you have linework problems.
>>
>>2884531
Why the fuck do you have to install ANOTHER program to get Photoshop to be able to make smooth strokes? Why can't it already do it? Fuck sake i tried to draw in Photoshop and it was like i had goddamn palsy.
>>
>>2884743
Because it's a photo editing software first

Get CSP for stabilization
>>
>>2884743
>"learn" to ride a bike with training wheels
>never take the wheels off
>try riding a normal bike
>wtf I'm falling like a retard, what a shit bike lol
>>
>>2884743
your hand is pleb at lines
work on that shit nigga
>>
>>2884743
It can, you just can't draw without some shitty stabilizer tool.
>>
>>2884531

If your tablet is small/low resolution/low lpi you will never draw smooth lines.
>>
>>2884531
don´t do linework on photoshop.

as in, simply don´t do it.

you can use CPS, Paint Tool SAI, Medibang (free), Krita (free) and a shit ton of other programs with much more control and costumization for drawing lineart, why use Photoshop at all?
>>
this.

I get it you want to do everything with photoshop
else you feel you are not utilizing the full potential of photoshop.

But if you still going through photoshop route and try do linework/inking,
you will frustrate yourself and after 1 week you will say fuck it, I will take a look at other software.

Don't bother to wait for line stabilization feature to appear in photoshop either as that feature is implemented in illustrator.
Clearly adobe want you to subscribe to another software package.
>>
OP here!

>>2884743
>>2884748
>>2884762
>>2884774
I don't think I was clear enough: I can do smooth lines just fine with a nanquin pen. It's not just absence of skill.

>>2884547
>>2884736
I'll probably gather some money and buy it. I'm brazilian and the dollar is extremely high right now, so I might wait a while before doing it, though

>>2885006
>>2884993
>>2884745
I got PaintToolSai and the stabilizer is pretty nice, although it slows down a LOT my work. I guess it will work for now.

>>2884824
Yeah, my tablet is cheap, but I've seen artists using the same model, similar models and even inferior models doing just fine without lazynezumi
>>
File: depp the bathhouse owner.png (329KB, 883x1134px) Image search: [Google]
depp the bathhouse owner.png
329KB, 883x1134px
I may be biased on the subject but I believe and form of line stabilizer to be a self imposed weakness

Like anything it is a skill that you work on. Through excessive drawing in photoshop I have seen that there is little to no change with individual applications outside of minor stabilization. Or greater stabilization with built in control.

Photoshop is accurately reflecting your hand movement on a micro level that other applications tend to smooth out. Through quick and decisive strokes you can at least remedy this problem.

I don't buy into the rhetoric that photoshop is the problem
>>
>>2884531
I switched to CSP a few weeks ago. It's a fucking world of difference.
>>
>>2884531
Drawing faster you shouldn't have shaky curves, if it happens, try older drivers.
>>
>>2885143
Is this supposed to be evidence of Photoshops line superiority...cause it looks shaky as fuck!
>>
The sharp corners on those swooshing lines is a common driver issue. There's a blog post out there that you can google to fix it. It involves using the 6.3-6(?) driver disabling windows ink, and some other shit. It is possible to get not jagged lines in photoshop without resorting to a line stabilizer.
>>
>>2885188
>>2885496
This

OP picture looks like a common driver issue.

Had the same problem... now I don't have corners on my lines any more but random loss of pressure I couldnt fix with any guides yet... Wacom drivers,Windows and Photoshop are a bitch combo.
>>
>>2884531
bump. i have this issue. my sketches are war more loose than ps ones.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.