[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else draws with Col-Erase pencils?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

Who else draws with Col-Erase pencils?
>>
I do.
>>
>>2884289
what's the coloring done with?
>>
are copics worth the money? I bought two today but they are a lot darker than I expected, and if most people think they aren't good then I'm not gonna go buy another one. They're fucking expensive.
>>
>>2884337
They're generally considered one of the top quality brands. Also the are expensive at the start, but you can buy refills for them for less, so long term they aren't as expensive.
>>
>>2884289
artist or blog?
>>
>>2884428
Martin Abel.

http://ink361.com/app/users/6561176/abelart/photos
>>
File: image.jpg (173KB, 1023x1023px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173KB, 1023x1023px
>>2884289
They remain a great brand. I'm always forced things at the proper size and it's easy to draw cartoons with them.
>>
>>2884289
No but I do sketch in colored pencils when I'm not concerned with fine details since the waxyness makes them kind of glide across the page.
>>
>>2885002
I do the same, I don't like to sketch with graphie at all.
>>
Master race passing through
>>
>>2885065
Are they as erasable as col-erase?
>>
>>2885265
yeah, I finally understand why people love mechanical pencils, and the blue lead just makes it that much better
>>
>>2884337

Copics are the best marker out there but only you can decide if they're worth the money.

Personally, I have a few but I think I'd rather just buy the refill inks and paint with them.
>>
>>2884345
>you can buy refills for them for less, so long term they aren't as expensive
this is a bit of a meme

I bought about 120 of copics off ebay @ $3 a marker and they have served me well for 2 yrs, but now they are all simultaneously starting to run dry (due to over use). I have to consider which markers to refill because the refills are $8-9 a color which is way more than a marker...

not sure what to do at this point... I will need to buy about 15 refills for the known markers, and I know once I buy the first wave, I will discover that I need another wave.
>>
>>2885955

How is that a meme?

A bottle of ink is expensive, but you get 10+ refills out of a bottle which is way cheaper than buying ten replacement markers. It's just part of the upfront cost.

BTW I think I remember you buying those markers. Are you the guy who drew anime and had that wooden table top in all of his pics?
>>
>>2885955
When you buy a refill you can use it to fill a marker about 12 times. They last a long time, so once you have refills you'll be set for a while. Just start buying a couple every now and then, beginning with the colours you use the most. You don't have to replace everything at once.
>>
>>2885961
>that wooden table top
ya that is me.

theoretically it is cheaper, but practically I'm at an impasse. I don't know if i will ever need to refill X color 10 times. I may only need to ever refill it 2-3 times, but its dry now so do i spend $10 just to get it back?

It's like i'm going to costco to buy all my groceries. Do I really need 144 eggs or 10km of tinfoil?

Some are easy like refilling the grays or my favorite blues and skin tones, but the less common markers are debatable...
>>
>>2885974

When you buy Copics you're investing in something that could potentially own and use for the rest of your life. Just get refills for what you need when you need them.
>>
>>2884289

I used to but not anymore. I like verithins more because they're bolder, even though you can't erase them. Not being able to erase forced me to pay more attention when I draw and to redraw things repeatedly if necessary.

>>2884337
Copics are the best IME, and they're also the least odorous. They also last a very long time. I had mine for over 10 years. After not opening them for over 7 years, I expected them to be dried out but they're still fresh, vibrant, and juicy. They also have highest alcohol content, I think. At least 95% ethanol, which is what you want for better blending and not warping your paper.

All their parts are replaceable, and they also have great resell value. If you got them off ebay from a good seller, you can sell it back at the same price as you bought it. I was able to sell the colors I don't use for about the same price I bought them. DON'T GET THEM FROM RETAIL STORES.
>>
>>2885974
>>2885955
>The refills are a meme because of buying a heavily discounted bundle of copics all at once
Were you not being informed of what to do with these refillable markers before committing to buy?

At their usual prices on places like DickBlick, the price of one sketch marker ($5.24) is slightly more than the refills ($4.73). Jerry'sArtarama is similar with their own prices for Copic shit. Like >>2885985 said, because every part is refillable, this is only in regards to the ink refills & marker itself. If the nib wears out into a pretty bad shape, that's unfortunately another expense. There is also a variance with using the sketch markers vs ciaos vs originals vs wide - you'll have more/less amount of times you'll be able to refill your marker depending on the size. As an aside, you don't necessarily need to get their refill add-ons like the "booster" and tweezers.
>>
>>2886006
I stand corrected - for whatever reason (likely bad memory) I thought that the refills were pushing $8 each but dicks has them for $4.73. Thanks for the heads up!

>what to do with these refillable markers before committing to buy?
Perhaps a better analogy is when you buy a printer and it has the demo ink cartridges. When you are out of ink from the initial run you are faced with the reality of buying more ink - except I am refilling 20x colors instead of 4.
>>
>>2886030
I was genuinely interested about the information issue, so I asked that question.

The printer ink thing is maybe not so comparable; there's a few things to consider with those types of products compared to the limited but straightforward use of marker refills. The printer market being more populated certainly doesn't help with anything. Copic isn't the only brand that sells alcohol marker refills - off the top of my head, Spectrum Noir offers such items too. However, it is easier for the bootlegs/copies of that brand (Blick Studio, Touch, etc.) to take advantage of the same refills in terms of overall cost.
>>
I started using col erase after i decided to invest in Copics, though sometimes i still go back to regular lead.
>>
>>2885065
my nigga
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.