[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any proof that the person without talent can become

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

Is there any proof that the person without talent can become REALLY good in it?

I mean like scientific one, or maybe you know an artist who started with terrible drawings and then became really good? I'm curious, because so far I've only seen quotes "Everyone can learn how to draw" but I've never seen any proof.
>>
>>2883738
Just look at the early work of famous artists. Most were shit when they started out, just like everyone else.

"Everyone can learn how to draw" makes intuitive sense, because drawing is a skill. No one was born knowing how to perform any complex or competitive skill. And because that statement makes intuitive sense, I highly doubt anyone wasted funds formally researching it.
>>
File: Noah-Bradley.jpg (89KB, 512x442px) Image search: [Google]
Noah-Bradley.jpg
89KB, 512x442px
>>2883759
Meant to post this picture.
>>
>>2883738
http://fzdschool.com/entertainment-design/before-and-after

I'd rather you provide any scientific proof that talent exists at all. Some people might be genetically advantaged or disadvantaged in their ability to learn artistic concepts, but everyone still has to actually learn the shit. No one just "talents" their way to success, it takes hard fucking work.
>>
>>2883738
everyone started with terrible drawings and once they got good, they were deemed talented.
>>
File: 12315346475675.jpg (127KB, 1246x678px) Image search: [Google]
12315346475675.jpg
127KB, 1246x678px
>>2883738
Talent is like a cheat code. Don't forget about survivorship bias
>>
>>2883738
Science can not be believed though. They can't even disprove flat earth theory. But
>"Everyone can learn how to draw"
Is just a generalization, we like to use. What we really mean is that if you have the will and interest, you can learn how to draw, but if you don't, then well, why are you even here?
>>
>>2883761
I'm so fucking sick of this dude. fuck.
>>
File: niggaustupid.jpg (325KB, 908x632px) Image search: [Google]
niggaustupid.jpg
325KB, 908x632px
>>2883738
idk man, can you?
>>
>>2884039
Is that really Ruan Jia's early art? He really likes asian women.
>>
File: 1471137115226.jpg (58KB, 450x648px) Image search: [Google]
1471137115226.jpg
58KB, 450x648px
>>2884041
its all just hard work, some people, especially left handers, seem to pick up art faster, from what ive seen myself. but that only takes you to a certain level at which all that matters is hard work
>>
>>2884041
Yep. But he works in 3D as I remember. 10 years is pretty long way. Just imagine if you fail.
>>
>>2884045
Left handers learning art faster? What is this nonsense bro-science you are spouting?
>>
>>2884045
Hard work is a vague description. People seem to overestimate hard work, like oh you gotta die for your work when really it just means you don't do vicious cycles of dropping for months at a time and coming back over and over.
>>
>>2884055
Well and it's also the type of work. Practice doesn't make perfect--perfect practice makes perfect. You can hit your 10k hours of drawing but if all you did was sonic drawings then you won't be a master. You need to break down art into distinct parts and actively study each one in a methodical way.
>>
File: 13243253654675.jpg (511KB, 2039x2049px) Image search: [Google]
13243253654675.jpg
511KB, 2039x2049px
>>2884055
Just keep in mind that talent exist. And some rich kid without talent from top art school will learn how to draw faster than you
>>
>>2884048
Ruan Jia uses 3D? Really? I thought he only paints. I guess he is a concept artist, so that makes sense, but I've never seen him use it. Although, I don't know how to imagine if I fail when it already feels like I have failed just by being born.
>>
>>2884067
I don't think he uses it any more. He did do some simple 3d work many years ago. All his process videos and the new work he has indicates it's all 2d now.
>>
>>2884064
So you're saying I should embrace my talent instead of listening to other people's banter. I think I get it now.
>>
>>2884067
He worked in the 3D related field as far as I can remember. But not drawing related. Check archives. I just lost screencap
>>
>>2884067
he worked as a 3d modeler years ago while he was still learning how to draw, think he dropped 3d back in 2009/2011
>>
>>2884086
How old is ruan?
>>
>>2884096
born 86 i believe
>>
>>2883738
>asks for scientific proof
>asks for anonymous anecdotes
Pick one
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.