[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you find the most ergonomic desk height for your body

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: 2677442.jpg (65KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
2677442.jpg
65KB, 720x960px
how do you find the most ergonomic desk height for your body height?

my shoulder hurts a lot, and i'm wondering if it has to do with the height/angle of my table.
>>
>>2882759
You're not supposed to lean over your work. Whatever height enables you to have good posture (sitting up straight) while you work is the height you need.

I draw on a cintiq which has a stand that makes it almost vertical. I have a standing desk and a tall studio chair for it, and whether I'm standing or sitting, my back is straight while I work on something in front of me, rather than horizontally on my desk. I've never had any physical pains from work-related habits.
>>
Ikea furniture have this bizarre height gap between their chair and desk height so there's a good several inches in between forcing your shoulder up and making it hurt. I stacked up a bunch of towels on my shitty chair to boost my height. and my shoulder hurts less because of it.
>>
>>2882759
my desk is 30 cm tall (including the tablet) but i also have a pillow, it might be around 5 cm tall when my body presses on it

I am 1.74 and it works for me. important is to not have your arm resting on the table. Or if it is resting, to have your back straight, so just the weight of the arm itself is on the table, and not the weight of your shoulders and head
>>
>>2882759
Ergonomics aside, if you want to fix your shoulders, start lifting weights. Even a light program will help enormously.
>>
File: 1487940956273.jpg (263KB, 720x764px) Image search: [Google]
1487940956273.jpg
263KB, 720x764px
>>2882759
>tfw NEET who's too poor to afford a table so I draw on the bed using a broken vaio laptop with duct tape and a small wacom bamboo tablet
>>
>>2883425
I started just doing 20 pushups every morning, and it made my stiff shoulders much better. It wasn't even my intention, but I noticed within a week or two.
>>
>>2883429
You dont need to buy a desk. Improvise!
>>
>>2883662
also cinder blocks are good for making standing desks
>>
>>2882759
you don't you buy a desk which you can height adjust and you figure it out post-purchase
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.