[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OPM

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: opm.jpg (43KB, 500x462px) Image search: [Google]
opm.jpg
43KB, 500x462px
Reminder that a guy who draws like this ended up with a world famous anime.

Tell me again why you can't make it.
>>
I can't write gag nor normal social interaction. I also can't design. I'm also not Japanese.
>>
because I have no creativity nor ability to create a compelling story
>>
WAOW, ONE GUY DID IT SO EVERYONE CAN DO IT TOO! XDDD LET'S HAVE 900 PRESIDENTS!
>>
i-i too can become president of the united states of america ?! :O
>>
>>2880480
This.

Also One has different goals than me, he just wanted to write a funny story, I'm interested in telling cool stories while also making dope af art. And I'm sure there are a bunch of people out there who've made stuff just as good as OPM but no one ever read their shit and no one cared about it. Luck plays a huge factor if you're doing your own thing and don't have the support of some company behind you. Oh and ONE lives in japan where comics and animation are super pervasive in their pop culture, in the west it's viewed as kiddy shit and although people claim to be "nerdy" now no one really gives a shit about comics unless they make a movie about it, so even if you do make an amazing comic, the size of your audience is much much smaller than what ONE had so replicating his success in the west is almost impossible.
>>
Murata made the series popular not ONE. The writing in omp is fun but ultimately muratas paneling and action scenes are so well done it gives animators inspiration to have fun animating the fights.
>>
>>2880506
This. Murata is a fantastic artist, and he's half the reason I even bother reading OPM. Anime was so-so.
>>
"Making it" means gitting gud, not having better artists make a successful manga/anime out of your scribbles, you fucking weeb faggot.
>>
>>2880510
>"Making it" means gitting gud

[citation needed]
>>
>>2880506
Not really. The reason Murata picked the story up to begin with was that it's already been quite popular in japan. Might be true for the west though.
>>
>>2880506
What the previous anon said, it was a popular webcomic before Murata redraw it for Jump(technically tonari no jump).

Have you read Mob Psycho 100 and see its paneling though? ONE is a genius.
>>
>>2880671
Mob is fucking cringy shit tho.
>>
>>2880679
You have absolutely terrible taste, and should be executed.
>>
>>2880679
kys
>>
>>2880719
mwah
>>
>>2880679
People who use the term "cringy" are subhuman; opinion dismissed.
>>
>2017
>/v/ still baiting using OPM
>>
>>2880441
Writing isn't drawing anon.

Plus, most here are too lazy to draw you expect them to team up with a good writer too
>>
>>2880671
I like mob but it got popular because of opm
>>
>>2880480
But a lot of "poorly" drawn manga gets anime adaptations, like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWnkOvi4i6c
>>
>>2880480
>>2880488
/ic/ in a nutshell.
>>
>>2880441
Daily reminder that concepts are deeper than perfect construction.

If it has no meaning it is nothing.
>>
>>2882079
Came to say pretty much this myself.

In the case of forms of entertainment like comics and animation, story comes first, characters come first.

I mean people don't like Charlie Brown or Calvin and Hobbes because they're drawn masterpieces. It's the characters, the dialogue, and the story even if the story only lasts one strip.
>>
>>2882086
You just have to be clear about your career goals. Do you want to shoot for the stars trying to make a living off of your own product right off the bat? In that case, yes, you don't need to focus as much on the fundamentals and more on appeal, story, characters etc. If you want to take a safer, more realistic career route, you'll have to work for other people and then your fundamentals do become very important because you are being hired to do one thing very well. There are always exceptions but most successful artists especially in comics and animation started out doing the latter and then when they gained experience and had some financial security, they could branch out into their own projects.
>>
>>2880441
He's a writer, not an artist

Autistic faggot
>>
>>2880506
ONE still makes mob psycho and that's pretty popular without the good art
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.