[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have experience with online ateliers?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: col10_NYSS_040821-1258.jpg (76KB, 604x402px) Image search: [Google]
col10_NYSS_040821-1258.jpg
76KB, 604x402px
I can't make it to an in-person atelier and wanted to hear some of your experiences.
>>
Wait, what? Is this a thing?
>>
File: IMG_0990.jpg (809KB, 1200x1502px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0990.jpg
809KB, 1200x1502px
>>2880201
Yes, there are ateliers like the Watts atelier that offer different courses online. I discovered online ateliers through this video which I found to be very informative:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX0MrnzBJ8M
>>
>>2880330
That video was okay in my opinion. Watts was full on shilling just fucking school in that video and once I realized that I was pretty mad.
>oh normal art schools are shit because they aren't ateliers
>oh ateliers are shit because you can't rewind
>so you know what's best?
>an online atelier
>oh which by the way, mine is the only one
>it's the best
>yes you heard that right
>it's the best
>you can rewind and see things over and over

So, yes OP, you got tricked by Mr. Old Watts who by the way, must be you right? Watts comes to shill himself on /ic/ sometimes. I'm sure of it because no one actually goes there.
>>
>>2880336
>Watts was full on shilling fucking just school in that video
I'm very conscious of that, that's most of the reason why I'm looking for opinions that are less biased. I'm not in a position to fact check Watt's claims, but others surely are.

Have you been to an atelier or art school?
>>
>>2880330
I tried Watts for a month (because fucks sakes $100 USD?)

It's sort of more structured than NMA but honestly I really didn't feel like I got much substance out of it. That and the videos were always lagging out.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.