[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you guys bother asking for drawing advice on here?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: xrUjI5M.jpg (119KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
xrUjI5M.jpg
119KB, 1280x720px
Considering the vast majority of you guys are pompous beginners who have no clue what the fuck you're talking about, why do you retards even bother even asking for advice?

If you want advice, go email a professional artist or at the very least someone who you deem skillful.
>>
Because I can ask dumb question anonymously unlike with a professional artist. I once thought about emailing one and had anxiety the whole day while hovering my mouse over the send button. I just gave up and went back to /ic/.
>>
Because you're a faggot.
>>
File: gary.jpg (94KB, 640x495px) Image search: [Google]
gary.jpg
94KB, 640x495px
>He got shat on for his art so bad he had to make a thread to get all his salt out
>>
>>2879192
lmao go to a doctor, cunt
>>
>>2879190
Because if you don't receive advice, you'll at least run into other anons just as hopeless as you
>>
Sykra fanboy detected. Shouldnt you be doing some ""stylized"" chin ""studies""?
>>
File: C041NfdXcAAtLl_.jpg (11KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
C041NfdXcAAtLl_.jpg
11KB, 300x256px
>>2879190
because beginners don't know where to look and art advice isn't free????

and like i think most aren't dumb enough to not realize that /ic/ is piracy and shit post center first and foremost?????
>>
>>2879190
Don't look at me, I'm not even an artist, I'm just here to look at all the people whining and I'm trying to figure out what 'making it' even means.

Although the idea of learning how to draw is intriguing me at the moment; I want to make cool shit like you guys do.
>>
>>2879346
NGMI
>>
File: 1445115941840.png (750KB, 617x611px) Image search: [Google]
1445115941840.png
750KB, 617x611px
if you're not taking everything as insight and things to think about rather than concrete advice you have to follow to the T, you're /ic/ing wrong
>>
The greatest advices can come from the most unexpected places.
I used to draw the nose too big on every face I drew and couldn't figure out why it looks like shit. My mom doesn't know anything about drawing but she could tell the nose is too big.

>>2879353
kys
>>
>>2879190
Because any question idiots like you could come up with can easily be answered by other beginners, no need to bother professionals with "how do I learn perspective and figure drawing?" "I read Loomis, why do I still suck?" "How many years of drawing do I need to be able to draw like x?" "What brushes do you use to achieve this effect????"
>>
>>2879190
I know it's a bait thread, but I'll humour you.

I asked for advice a few times on this board. I don't remember exact numbers, so for the sake of exhibition let's say it was 5 times, 3 of which was fishing for attention, 1 was me being too lazy to look for an answer myself and 1 was a genuine concerned question (and that one was the only one completely ignored ha ha). I imagine a lot of people asking for advice here are fishing for attention as well, deliberately or not. Most of their questions can be answered by going through the recommended art books after all.

On the other hand asking questions doesn't hurt, and is probably healthier for this board than just posting deviantart cherrypicks, merc_wips and trying to outtroll each other in general, though I wouldn't like /ic/ without all these things.
>>
>>2879190
because I can just do the opposite thing that they told me.
>>
File: Help me.png (22KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
Help me.png
22KB, 150x150px
>>2879190
I have no idea where else to go.
Deviantart is a giant hugbox. I don't think Tumblr would be useful either.
Facebook groups dont seem to be useful and it is also facebook.
Local classes are beyond terrible - critiques are forbidden. Nearest Atlier is 200 miles away.
>>
>>2879190
I E-Mail professional artists and pay them a small fee so they critiq my art. Helped me a lot.

But here I can call people cunts. And besides that if I happen to get an advice it often is actually a good advice. When I pay someone to critiq me they aren't completely honest to me. Because I'm kind of a business partner at that point.

So the honesty around here is great. Even with shitposting cunts like you around.
>>
>>2879190
I do both. /ic/ has the instances where there's amazing artists on, I talked to one of my favorites on here like 3 times and he helped me out a lot. I also discovered tehmeh here and learned a lot about art and built a visual library. Also learned how to render here, the artist I email taught me almost every other thing I know about painting though, without him, I know I would be going in circles not knowing what the fuck to do, with or without /ic/.
>>
>>2879192
Ayy, I used to be like that, once I hnng'd so hard in front of a woman that I had to walk away and then I proceeded to cry when I was a kid (kek). Build up confidence, dude, you need confidence to make good paintings in the first place. I can talk to anybody and pretty well now, I know it's hard sometimes because of the isolation artists have to go through each day, but you can do it.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.