[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After drawing stuff from beginner thread for a month my eyes

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1487643454342.jpg (46KB, 309x323px) Image search: [Google]
1487643454342.jpg
46KB, 309x323px
After drawing stuff from beginner thread for a month my eyes have improved a bit and all that passive shit. But I still can't draw a simple face, what was the point again? Sure, I can measure stuff better but it's pointless if I can't do anything on my own.

What do now? How do I start real learning?
>>
keep doing what you are doing. the practices and studies but start doing your own shit from imagination. or do half and half. do your own shit from imagination but then fix it up using reference. Or find a image you like and change bits and pieces like the arm or leg placements and reference just the parts you changed. Your imagination work will look a lot shittier than your referenced work but that's how you'll get better. by drawing and discarding all that shit.
>>
Can't remember what minute specifically that was, but i recommend you watching it all or using as a podcast. They talk alot about the specific problem you brought
https://youtu.be/JzOiBK49DbA
>>
Takes more than a month hombre
>>
>>2878219
The point is I couldn't draw heads, faces and facial features before and I can't do that now. So it seems like I won't be able to do that in a year of drawing if I don't start doing something different.
>>
>>2878225
That's just stupid beginner thinking. Still thinking there's a secret isn't there?

Well, there isn't. Haven't you picked up Loomis's book? Doing portraits are not simple, they're one of the most difficult things to get right. A beginner is already crippled by their sight, but drawing faces requires you to be quite accurate in drawing the facial features as well as the shape of the head. Every line matters as it lends to the subtleties of how the face is expressed.
>>
>>2878228
I am just disappointed because you shill "just draw and draw whatever" constantly but the issue with that is you just learn to draw that specific thing. You don't get better in drawing in general really.
>>
>>2878209
>>2878279
Not gonna make it!
>>
>>2878209
What does your work look like atm?
>>
>>2878209

To start real learning you must now seek to comprehend Perspective. Everytime you draw now, you should seek to find first the horizon line and the vanishing points in every subject, then construct it in space with simple forms first.

This will allow you to understand, rather than to copy what you see. Which will allow you to draw it even when the subject is not available.
>>
>>2878335
fuck that gay shit, perspective is optional
>>
>>2878209
message me on instagram @hembroger if you want me to try to help you more personally.
>>2878213
yes, do not neglect drawing from imagination
>>2878279
as soon as you get a little bit of fundies down, you will become better every time you draw.
>>2878362
perspective isn't optional but it isn't hard either so don't worry.
>>
Sega
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.