[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone care to rate my first few paintings?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 1.jpg (3MB, 3088x4160px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
3MB, 3088x4160px
Anyone care to rate my first few paintings?
>>
File: 2.jpg (1MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
1MB, 3120x4160px
>>
File: 3.jpg (3MB, 3120x4160px)
3.jpg
3MB, 3120x4160px
>>
BobRoss/10
>>
>>2878168
last one is a Bill Alexander video actually
>>
>>2878119
gorgeous for an /ic/ user

but nitpicking, the lake isn't straight even though it disappears on the horizon line, the mountains shouldn't have that black edge on the top (and the lighting could be better overall, it's inconsistent in brightness - I couldn't tell you if it was a summer day or patchy cloud cover). The clouds seem like an afterthought.
Check out Shishkin's landscapes if you really want to kick it up a notch.

But still beautiful, normies will pay top dollar for this kind of work. Good job anon
>>
>>2878119
It's ok. My suggestion is don't try to paint by formula like that. Take a picture of some trees or a landscape and get a feel for how to recreate perspective with colord and composition. Try doing some basic trees by manipulating some different kinds of greens. Maybe do a few collr charts or check out will Kemp you tube videos on mixing colors.
>>
whoa
bob ross surely works. I will try it someday.
>>
>>2878119
The look like bob ross. Thats a good thing anon.
>>
>>2878119
Hey, I like Bob Ross, too. What are those sharp, black edges at the peak of the mountain? Never forget to make the edges softer the further an object moves back, only sharpen if it's part of the focal point and all I can concentrate on are those sharp, black edges. These do not appear irl so it ruins the painting for me which would have been much more pleasant if otherwise. The shaded area of the mountain is fine, but the lit side is too soft. Harden your edges where these is direct light and soften into the shadows. You did good by adding more texture to the lit side and leaving the shaded side less textured.

less light=less details

Your mountain's lit by the sun, but your trees feel as if in an overcast lighting, don't forget to add yellows where the sun light bounces off from the trees. The trees in the water's reflection are gigantic compared to the ones on the ground surface. Good effort overall.

>>2878121
I like this one a lot. Would have been nice to get even some few blue accents in the snow and trees, but I understand the gloomy visuals you were trying to achieve.

>>2878122
Mountains feel like piles of clay. Barely any light poking through the trees in front of the light, good job on vegetation texture and the lit side.

Keep going, OP, you're doing great, read up on edges and sun light though. I like the compositions of the 2nd and 3rd.
>>
Technically they are moderately well executed and your strength is in the consistency and unity of the work. Conceptually and compositionally they are bland.

In terms of specific advice, explore different textures with your leaves. The types of brush strokes that you are using for foliage is very unconvincing, especially toward the edges and contours of the trees.

Keep painting.
>>
File: 1483326326243.png (32KB, 196x201px) Image search: [Google]
1483326326243.png
32KB, 196x201px
>>2878119
8/10 midmountain blending needs work
trees are perfect. work on them anyway.

>>2878121
7.5/10 tree-snow flecks too consistent.
sky looks fucking crazy good. work on it anyway.
>can't unsee cloud dicks

>>2878122
9/10 trees are awkwardly lit considering the sun's trajectory in the scene
otherwise, i've got a raging erection. work on it.

Ya dun pretty good, anon.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.