[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of Max Grecke?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: max-grecke-sharkgirl2.jpg (113KB, 636x900px) Image search: [Google]
max-grecke-sharkgirl2.jpg
113KB, 636x900px
What do you guys think of Max Grecke?
>>
>>2877733
I'd never heard of him before, but I took a quick look through his stuff. He's good, but not to my taste at all.
>>
His work is kinda interesting. Nice cartoonish style and good rendering, but as >>2877756 said, it's not to my taste also.
>>
>>2877733
Welcome to ic. Noone likes good art. Unless theres asses or fur or dripping wet pussies its not art. This here is the birthplace of degeneracy. Please leave and dont let your views be twisted by these fucking mongoloids. Max is really, really good. And everyone who aspires to work in the industry or is working there knows that. Patreon hentai bux can only get you so far faggots.
>>
>>2877733
it's
>>
>>2878365
Truly disturbing
>>
2010s pillowshading cartoons with hollywood fx filters, facebook tier lowest common denominator illustration that will be cannibalized by aggregator sites

technically proficient but totally boring
>>
File: max-grecke-gladiator2.jpg (81KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
max-grecke-gladiator2.jpg
81KB, 600x849px
>>2878385
you make it sound like his art isn't fun
>>
>>2878394
nice man boobs
>>
>>2877733
Hes a big inspiration to me ever since I started drawing I dont believe he has great concepts but his execution is consistent and recognizable
>>
>>2878400
kek

pretty sure that's his shoulder, but you made me laugh gj
>>
>>2878394

those are some really aesthetic angles

I need to check his work out
>>
>>2877733
>>2878394
i don't like his style at all but his shape design and values are really pleasing to look at
>>
>>2877733
All his characters have melty formless faces and are making meaningless facial expressions. You guys are too distracted by his rendering because this stuff is terrible.
>>
>>2878546
You don't understand form
>>
>>2877733
Looks like her face is melting. It's like something cyarin would draw if she was a little better and had more variety in her art besides frilly grills and selfies

>>2878400
I was thinking the same thing
>>
>>2878597
You don't understand form either
>>
These threads make it so easy to see which ones here cant draw for shit. Lel.
And you actually let people critique you here. Fucking retarded mongs
>>
Is this trolling or does anon think max is a bad artist?
>>
>>2878676
>>2878786

it's ok if you like it. but try to expand your horizon. his skills are strangely unbalanced, he's good in rendering, but everything else sucks and is boring. that one anon is right, you're blinded by the rendering and by the fact that he's illustrating your nostalgia driven childhood memories.
I can't stand all these stupid faces, they're completely random and you can see how he tackles the work.
he has a loose idea of a character, he draws random wild shapes without any thought of a story or mood in mind and then renders the shit out of it.
which is fine - and it's fine if you like it.
but I don't think that's any fine art.
>>
>>2878800
>but I don't think that's any fine art.
no one is claiming otherwise nony
>>
File: 1449639790729.jpg (676KB, 1567x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1449639790729.jpg
676KB, 1567x1080px
>>2877733
for example, what exactly is happening in OP's pic? it's confusing - is she getting eaten by the shark or is behind the shark? what kind of expression does have on her face? is she annoyed, afraid, amused? what is it? also the composition is too narrow, it feels like it cuts off some vital information about what is going on here.
it's all pure rendering, but a bad illustration.
>>
>>2878800
>you're blinded by the rendering
I acknowledge it's good without thinking it's the be all end all of artistic ability.

>and by the fact that he's illustrating your nostalgia driven childhood memories.
That's a huge assumption and beside the point.

I happen to be a fan of caricature, cartooning and shape design, which he has control of.

>>2878800
>>2878815
To you point, it's a character portrait. The whole composition is built around the head, the shark is a part of the secondary read.

I'm not sure what posting academic studies is supposed to prove. Is there an assumption I've never seen things like this before?

I personally think you pushing a false narrative, as if liking Grecke for what he does is somehow a denial of "old master" work.
>>
>>2878815
That's the beauty of it. You impose your own ideas of what is going on in the picture. Everyone interprets it differently.
>>
>>2878835
whoops false ultimatum.
>>
>>2878836
...ok? What's the argument then?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.