[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't get started

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (8KB, 345x146px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 345x146px
I just can't started on my drawing grind. I used to be good at art when I was younger but many years have let the skills atrophy. I've read the sticky etc and I know what I need to do long-term but it's just that initial push-off that I need. What do I draw? What's the best things to try to sketch at the beginning? Any tips would be great
>>
>>2876029
Not gonna make it.
>>
>>2876042

Unhelpful meme.
>>
>>2876029

Well what do you want to draw? What did you plan on drawing in the first place that made you want to begin grinding? Its hard to give advice when we have no idea what your goal is. I'd say just start there, draw whatever pleases you first, build momentum and then you'll begin getting a clearer picture of what else specifically you need to work on.
>>
>>2876057

I guess birds and dogs and shit, is it really just a matter of finding pictures online and trying to reproduce that?
>>
File: 1486098377821.jpg (63KB, 1016x803px) Image search: [Google]
1486098377821.jpg
63KB, 1016x803px
Just draw what you love and let it be messy as fuck, don't go for pretty right now. How old are you, OP? My love for art didn't come naturally, I needed to ignite the fires of passion myself (kek). Motivation will get you nowhere, what you need is a reason to pull you back in each time. Why do you paint? I paint because that is when I am most happy, because I love improving myself and I love looking at art and making it. Don't wait for someone to push you or for magical motivation, you have to take the reigns of your own life and mind and only then will you stop having art blocks. If you start now in 5 years you'll look back and say "Wow, I was terrible! Look at how much I've improved!" but for that to happen, you have to start drawing towards those five years. Do it with goals, too, never draw aimlessly or you'll get nowhere. Good luck, OP.
>>
File: figure.png (2MB, 1037x682px) Image search: [Google]
figure.png
2MB, 1037x682px
>>2876058
Yea, I mean if you're just starting out you can get a lot out of just trying to reproduce a photo, but you might want to think more precisely about what you are trying to get out of doing that.

You want to draw dogs for example. Lets say you want to improve your ability to draw dogs from your imagination; so your goal in that case might be to get better at understanding the basic construction of a dog and its volumes.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.