[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AI ART

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: ag.jpg (415KB, 1011x1011px) Image search: [Google]
ag.jpg
415KB, 1011x1011px
How the fuck does an AI do this shit? They are just getting better and better. At this rate all the art jobs will be gone by the time I git gud cause of all these damn dirty bots.

How can we stop the robot take over?
>>
>>2872975

You won't have much to worry about if you do much of anything creative. People who draw shiny knights and battle robots hoping to be a video game designer though are probably fucked within 20-25 years.
>>
>>2872975
Any more background info on the image?
>>
>>2873020
all the OP said was that it was made with this app.

https://dreamscopeapp.com/
>>
File: final.jpg (77KB, 454x405px) Image search: [Google]
final.jpg
77KB, 454x405px
>>2872975
my god...
it can even draw from imagination.
>>
>>2872981
What do you mean by a person who draws knights and battle robots? And by Video game designer, do you mean Concept design? I don't see how this filter fucks over a concept artist, lol.
>>
>>2873088

> I don't see how this filter fucks over a concept artist, lol.

Most concept artists absolutely are uncreative and I would unsurprised if half of them can be replaced by an AI. You could type in "I want a generic robot with wings and a railgun" and you have a new League of Legends character.

90% of game art is derivative garbage. 90% of Feng School of Design output can probably be automated
>>
>>2873097

I should add though:

In 20 years, though maybe 15.
>>
>>2873073
fucking lol
>>
>>2872975
do traditional

>>2872981
this is true, especially when they rely heavily on photobashing. It's like ideal to have a bot go through billions of images, mash them up, and produce however many concepts the art director wants. Just scroll through the results until AAA tier :^)
>>
>>2872975
I don't get it, it's just a 2D image not a real painting.

Come back when it's real.
>>
>>2873125

Definitely. Honestly, the fault also lies with consumers. Gamers care more about whether they can see a bug land on a guy's nose at 60fps 8k HD in Witcher 3 and don't stop to realize that they're looking at a generic fantasy environment with mediocre character designs.
>>
Unless these programs become self-aware or conscious, then they always need to rely on an input from a photograph. They cannot create something from the imagination like humans can.

They're just more advanced PS filters.
>>
>>2873167
so wutcha saying is that Concept artists are going to be a thing of the past?
>>
>>2873218
>tfw artists will be a thing of the past one day
I hope all this fundamentals ain't for nothing and /ic/ wasn't just memeing me.
>>
>>2873219
By the time AI can automate the entire creative process every job will be automated.
>>
File: 1480956088071.png (279KB, 524x279px) Image search: [Google]
1480956088071.png
279KB, 524x279px
>>2873073
fuck i laughed too hard at this,.
>>
>>2873097
What constitutes a good design to you, then?
>>
>>2875363

cmon dude you know that's a loaded and charged question. How the fuck am I supposed to answer that other than "not generic genreshit"?
>>
>>2873073
It's over, Proko is finished
>>
>>2875364
By dodging the question apparently.
>>
>>2872975
The scarier part is how they can do animated illustrations, It'd take humans ages to do this.
>>
>>2875541
forgot to include the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuuNjnjpqFI
>>
>>2875541
>>2875543
It's a glorified filter. No stylistic cohesion. A few of the shots worked pretty well for a few seconds, but otherwise it's a complete mess. Actual artistic decisions are far beyond the scope of this simplistic algorithm.
>>
>>2875543
looks like shit
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.