[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Selling your art

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1468763925161.jpg (3MB, 2592x1728px) Image search: [Google]
1468763925161.jpg
3MB, 2592x1728px
How do you determine the amount of money you charge when you sell some of your artwork?
>>
el bumpo
>>
A few questions to ask yourself:

>What is the cost of materials?

>How many hours did it take to create?

>What has my art sold for in the past?

>What does artwork of similar size and skill sell for in the local market?

>How much do I like the work?

>Do I like it enough to use it for future shows and exhibitions, even juried shows that allow me to make money through prizes while retaining the artwork? Do I want to display it as part of a larger body of work in the near future?

>What price is low enough for me to feel regret after selling the work?
>>
Have it be appraised by mr. Shekelstein, he'll tell you exactly how much money you can screw people out of in exchange for your doodles.
>>
>>2870404
don't know about that, but I just want to say how amazing that image you posted is. you've just added to my list of favorite artists. thanks!
>>
>>2870404
minimum wage + the hours that you spent on the piece of art = the very very bare minimum you should be charging
>>
don't charge the minimum, you can't compete on price. pick a number you think is high and find/target an interested audience with money.
>>
>>2870404
Take your best friend monthly wage, add 100.
>>
>>2870404
If you build a solid rep you can start to charge way more for your work, cultivate an image, if you build up the facade that you are some mysterious artist and not some retard who sits in a basement drawing 14 hours a day.

Just remember it's not the best artist who gets the most money for their work, it's the one with the best reputation. You go into the Louvre and see the Mona Lisa hanging there and you can't even get a good look at it because there's fucking dozens of people crowding around it 24/7, were it for sale, some yuppie with too much money for their own good would probably spend tens of millions on it, meanwhile there's a shit ton of way more impressive paintings all around it that no one gives a shit about because the people who made them aren't DaVinci.

A solid 75% of being a successful (monetarily speaking) artist is to build a good reputation and get off the ground. Even if it's just in your community to start, make yourself known, it's just as much of a business as anything else.
>>
>>2874552
>some yuppie with too much money for their own good would probably spend tens of millions on i
You'd be retarded not too, it would easily go for hundreds of millions at auction, bare minimum.
>>
>>2874552
>If you build a solid rep you can start to charge way more for your work, cultivate an image
Well that is all well and good but you might as well say:

>Be famous then things will sell more because your famous.

You should be explaining how to actually create said facade.
>>
>>2875230
Draw fanart of the most popular anime/show at the moment and post that shit on tumblr/normiebook/instagram; whore yourself out before getting respectable.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.