[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I jumped back into drawing to teach myself and decided on

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1471897338352.jpg (58KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1471897338352.jpg
58KB, 720x720px
So I jumped back into drawing to teach myself and decided on drawing each day but already after just a week I'm finding I don't care about the stuff I'm drawing at all and am doing it mindlessly. I'm thinking about just finding something random to draw instead of practicing figures and portraits, anyone else get this kind of feeling?
>>
>>2870159
Not gonna make it.
>>
>>2870159
>anyone else get this kind of feeling?
No, because I'll make it
>>
Yes, it's a vicious cycle and I'm at it right now too, anon

>draw shit mindlessly
>realize I'm in my comfort zone
>try to draw harder poses and shit, challenge myself
>realize I don't have the skill ro knowledge to do that right now, having to rework everything over and over, still can't get anything right
>look for a reference to study
>too shit to get it right
>frustrated by my failures
>get back to mindlessly sketching shit in my comfort zone
>hate myself and want to die

I know the key is to keep working harder and push myself even as I fail but it's so frustrating.
>>
>>2870172
Where's your
>see improvement
Step and then that keeps you going
>>
>>2870159
I'd say try starting a small comic. It really forces you to get out of your comfort zone if you stick to it. That really helped me improve and even now I get to do some 3-pages comics for a small magazine, and everytime I try to practice something new with it. It's like a school homework.
>>
>>2870174
I'm improving at snail pace becasue I keep going back to step one, not working hard enough to actually study to see any real improvement.

Goddamn it I'm gonna push harder. It's just so depressing.
>>
>>2870176
Glad to see this worked for someone, it's what I'm going to start doing soon.
>>2870159
Good luck OP
>>
>>2870164
>>2870171
kek I don't give a shit about making it, I'm a scientist. I'm teaching myself because I've always been interested and missed out on studying it when I was actively drawing and painting before college. Mostly I'm going to apply it to 3d modelling but god damn I'm sick of seeing the same stuff over and over.
>>
>>2870172
Not quite the same for me, it's just boring, not a matter of difficulty and I don't have a large enough visual library to draw without a reference yet.
>>
>>2870228
Learning you have a shitty visual library is the worst. It's like you've lived this long and this is all you have to show for it. Been thinking about how to fill it with resources I need, I assume drawing like ten new things a day just quick sketches to get their forms into my muscles and my mind. You got any tips?
>>
>>2870232
well I'm kind of in the same shit pit so might not be a good person to ask but I've been using quickposes alot, switching between untimed references that interest me and the timed gesture drawings to get used to the human body and face.
>>
>>2870159
>>2870172
You got meme'd by figure drawing.
Practicing anatomy and figure drawing isn't worth shit if you don't get the fundamentals of form and perspective down first.
>>
Every time I draw I'm draws just mindlessly drawing the same comfort zone drawings that can't even put much effort into or else can't even practice outside of loomis zone and try harder fundimentals drawings
>>
>>2870287
You gotta just sit down and break open your books and reach out your comfort zone and try and find that thing about drawing that your love and improve by going over it once or twice again and share it with your friends and tell them you think this improve or not and what do to have improve upon your drawings
>>
>>2870280
damn, memed again. Should I trust loomis though, it is a proclaimed meme as well.
>>
OT but what is the object in OP's pic called? I've been seeing that thing my whole life but I don't know what it's called or the story behind it. Other than that it's an illogical object.
>>
>>2870159
That's a very good idea. Your artistic diet should be mostly shit you're excited to draw mixed with the vitamins you need for growth -- technical exercises, figure drawing, etc.
>>
>>2870339
impossible trident/fork
>>
>>2870365
>tfw diet is over saturated with studies and sketches instead of the healthy stuff
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.