[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DUTCH GOLDEN AGE

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

This is literally the best era for artwork, literally nothing can compare.
>>
Unfortunately these fags here dont like real Art
>>
>>2869239
ruan jia is better XD
>>
>>2869239
>era of genre paintings
>literal paintings of plebs

>best era

???
>>
File: 1469315802439.png (101KB, 292x261px) Image search: [Google]
1469315802439.png
101KB, 292x261px
>>2869239
it looks like a /las/ entry with some shitty crackle filter on top
>>
>>2869239
Dutch animu! When?
>>
>>2869239

One of the better pre-modern eras, sure
>>
Friendly reminder that Vermeer was simply doing paintovers from projections.

OP's example of a "golden age of art" is literally traced from a screen.
>>
>>2873833
>implying that the tracing isn't an insignificant part of what give a painting power or the the choice of colours and painting style is the most important
>>
>>2874353
Choice of colors was also heavily influenced by use of the camera lucida
>>
>>2871492
this desu
>>
>>2869239
>best era of artwork

Oh yeah then howcome they're all dead?
>>
Wew, this thread's derail was quick
>>
>>2876366
That's because a bunch of people here saw Tim's Vermeer and ate it hook line and sinker and now think they are superior to others because of it, and can act all smug.

Also the OP only posted a single image, so they kind of were asking for it. Shoulda posted a bunch of nice art then the thread would not have derailed the same way.
>>
>>2876379
i think it's mostly because op started the thread with "THIS STYLE IS BEST FUCK YOUR OPINIONS" and proceeded to contribute absolutely nothing to his own thread. it started shit and went nowhere, big surprise.
>>
>>2874437
I thought it was the camera obscura?

Either way, it looks fucking amazing. People only started to question it after the theory about the camera obscura use was published. Before then nobody had a problem with it.
>>
>>2876692
Many people today don't have a problem with it. The point of Tim's Vermeer wasn't to devalue Vermeer's work, just to explore how he created it.
>>
>>2876700
Tim's Vermeer was not the original study, the original study was published long before the film based around it was.

Vermeer was about capturing life and beauty, Tim's Vermeer was about making a tedious copy.
>>
>>2876709
I'm aware of Hockney et al's work leading up to the film. I think they even mentioned it in the film. I don't think anyone expects Tim's painting as good as Vermeer's, it's just a matter of showing how cool the process is, that even a talentless schmuck can make a decent painting using the tool. Obviously it takes real skill to make a masterpiece, regardless of the tools used.
>>
>>2876714
Do you consider Vermeer's work's masterpieces?
>>
>>2876716
I do, and I think most plebs and scholars would agree. Unless we're using a really strict, historical definition of masterpiece (i.e. a work created to gain entry to a guild).
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.