[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I need to get proper sleep to improve? I can't fall asleep

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_20170219_235639.png (35KB, 152x206px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170219_235639.png
35KB, 152x206px
Do I need to get proper sleep to improve? I can't fall asleep so I can only spend my time drawing.
>>
>>2868487
step one : stop posting shitty little witch academy pics i see this shit on almost every thread, so im pretty sure its the same person so fucking stop
step two : fucking sleep
>>
Yes, without sleep, you're pretty much murdering your own body and mind. Once you're mind broken you'll remember to sleep.
>>
>>2868489
I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've ever made a thread on /ic/.
>>2868490
It's not that I can't fall asleep it's just my body won't let me. I eventually fall asleep when I'm tired enough.
So do you think the extra time practicing doesn't outweigh the damage done by not sleeping?
>>
>>2868487
Sleep until you feel rested enough.
Of course being able to work with heavy stress it useful.
But try to take care of your health as much as you can, you can't draw if you're dead.
>>
>>2868492
>So do you think the extra time practicing doesn't outweigh the damage done by not sleeping?
Yes, the damage is far worse. You can practice a lot more any other time, but you can't always recover from damages. I suggest you get into meditation and train your thinking instead of just your drawing. They're both very important.
>>
>>2868494
Dang. Why do I always hear about these successful famous people who didn't even sleep at all and were masters of their craft?
>>
>>2868497
Because you don't hear about those who didn't make it.
>>
>>2868492
>I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've ever made a thread on /ic/.
has nothing to do with the fact that you still post this shit everywhere
>>
>>2868516
I'm pretty sure more than one person posts pictures of little witches. I don't even understand why you hate it so much it's just a picture.
>>
>>2868497
They used that time wisely instead of shitposting, and even then it's probably better to sleep more and properly plan your day for optimal drawing time. You can't learn shit with 4 hours of sleep. The people that did get very little sleep did so cause they had to, either cause of work or time restrictions. If you're not being forced to stay up late and have the time in the day to draw for an adequate amount of time then you shouldn't be missing out on sleep.

T. Person whose about to get 4 hours of sleep and can't take his own advice
>>
>>2868522
Well it's not exactly that I get less sleep than I need to an extent. It's really more like I can't fall asleep till like 6am then I'll sleep till noon.
>>
>>2868530
ha I'm in a similar situation. I've gotten into that habit and now I can only really focus after midnight. If you're lifestyle lets you stay up till 6 and wake up at noon than there's not really much of a problem. Obviously your sleep cycle might be kinda fucked up but I think you'll be fine as long as you get adequate sleep.
>>
>>2868534
Thanks for the reassurance. I'm gonna make it and also hopefully fix my sleeping problems too sometime.
>>
>>2868541
It's not that hard, you just need to keep moving during the day, if you live a sedentary life for whatever reason, it's very hard to not dreprive your sleep.
>>
>>2868530
>>2868534
humans aren't nocturnal animals, our body is primed to sleep when it's dark and wake up when the sun comes out. There are actually plenty of scientific studies on this subject and they pretty much all come to the conclusion that the healthiest sleep happens when it's dark outside and the sun isn't up yet. I'm not going into detail on all the shit that this influences, from testosterone levels, to various kidney functions and even skin related problems, but I can tell you from experience, if you have trouble with being tired all the time, no motivation, depression etc, changing your sleep schedule so you go to sleep at night and wake up in the morning is one of the best things you can possibly do.
>>
>>2868550
Yeah I'm aware of this. My body is just fucked up in a weird way that makes it that I can only sleep if I'm extremely tired enough.
I was just hoping I can at least use my extra time to still improve while I try to fix myself.
>>
>>2868487
i love this image
>>
File: Akko5.png (27KB, 131x121px) Image search: [Google]
Akko5.png
27KB, 131x121px
>>2868487
>>2868489
Well shit, thanks op, you ruined witchposting for us all
>>
>>2868487
>>2868717
Don't worry cute anons, there are many anons that appreciate your cute witch images, not everyone is like >>2868489
>>
>>2868487
Fellow insomniac here, you need sleep to commit working memory to long term memory (for the most part), your progress will be minimal without proper sleep. Also you risk damage by the build up of cortisol from stress due to lack of sleep and bodilly strain that erodes your neural connections. Basically you're going to fuck your existing memories and abilities and ruin your short term memory if you don't get enough sleep. This happened to me but that was when I was getting 3-5 hours of sleep every couple of days for a few months. Took a year to recover, not recommended. If you don't feel tired you're fine and will be able to improve with the effort, if you push yourself, or can't sleep at all, until you're physically exhausted then you're ruining yourself and shouldn't try to do to much.
>>
>>2868550
>ignoring the fact that a minority of humans have a circadian clock longer than 24 +/- 1 hours and are healthy.
Also sod that "humans aren't nocturnal" crap, so long as there is sufficient vitamin D there is no significant difference so long as it's not forced.
>>
File: Daffy.Duck.-.907564.jpg (44KB, 445x352px) Image search: [Google]
Daffy.Duck.-.907564.jpg
44KB, 445x352px
>>2868487
yes.

you should also feed your body with a variety of nutrients. you can do so by buying food at a local store, farming or by hunting.
also make use of your excretory system. it's good for you.
please blink every now and then in order to avoid going blind.
>>
>>2868487
>I can't fall asleep
>t. someone who stares at his computer monitor then at his phone for 23 hours a day and wonders why he can't fucking sleep

you're a god damn idiot OP but you're also a weeb so what can I expect.
>>
>>2868991
It's not that I can't fall asleep it's that even if I do fall asleep I'll just wake up an hour later anyways. Unless I'm really tired I can't sleep for more than an hour normally
>>
no sleep is a meme and you only need less than 6 hours of it
>>
>>2868487
Yeah. Drawing is a meticulous process. If you don't sleep, you can't focus. Your eyes can't focus, your hands motor skills can't focus, your brain can't focus. etc. It's going to be rough trying to hone your skills like that.
>>
>>2868487
Yes. Sleep is the brain consolidating memory.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_and_memory
>>
>>2870367
You might want to check if you have insomnia. 7-8 hours is the healthy target for humans, anyone saying otherwise probably has or will suffer consequences later in their lives.

I find that physically exhausting my body helps me to sleep and stay asleep better. Cardio sucks, but going for a run really helps with that. Smoking weed also makes me really sleepy. Used to smoke every day, but it was interfering with my academics, so I had to stop and find an alternative. Anyways, if you haven't tried it yet, I highly recommend taking a shot or smoking right before you sleep. Just do it with precaution and don't become reliant on it.
>>
>Muse hits just after bedtime
>Draw until 2am
>>
>>2868487
I have the same problem
I stay awake around 20 hours then sleep 8
Every weak I stay awake 2 days and then have a big sleep of 8 or more hours
>>
>>2868487
Yeah. Your brain makes the connections between neurons in your sleep.
>>
>>2870971
>2am

Amateur.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.