[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you wear a glove when you do digital work? Why or why not?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: $_57.jpg (25KB, 537x607px) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
25KB, 537x607px
Do you wear a glove when you do digital work? Why or why not?
>>
Why would you need one?
>>
>>2867673
That is the question, anon.
>>
>>2867673

It minimizes friction on the tablet surfaces and prevents smudging. Yes, I use one but I use a cheap medical cotton glove that I cut myself with a pair of scissors. Seems kinda dumb to buy one. Mine is white and is kinda rough around the edges, almost looks like boxing wraps or something. The pre made one just looks faggy
>>
>>2867695
This. Ensures both pen nib and palm of your hand glide smoothly on the tablet surface.
>>
>>2867645
I've found these to be 100% necessary. You just can't do smooth sweeping motions without a glove, your palm gets all sweaty and gross and it sticks to the screen. The glove also prevents that gunk from getting on the screen. If you haven't tried wearing a glove, do yourself a favour, buy some cheap cotton ones and snip off the two fingers and thumb.
>>
>>2867645
Yes, because I don't want to cover the screen with my hand grease.
>>
I use one because I'm paranoid of any smudges getting on my cintiq
>>
>>2867911
this and this>>2867729
>>
>>2867645
Yes, I do - it makes my hand glide smoothy on the tablet.
I use a cheap, cotton, white one - you can buy them for less than one dollar/pair.
>>
would like to wear one, haven't found one that fits properly so far though
>>
>>2867729
>You just can't do smooth sweeping motions without a glove, your palm gets all sweaty and gross and it sticks to the screen.
This sounds like a you problem
>>
How many of you actually use one for traditional drawing?

I thought about getting one since I draw on horizontal surfaces mostly. But I keep thinking that I might get used to it as a crutch. Although at the moment, I just place another layer of paper under my hand to keep smudging from happening.

I'm left handed btw, so I practically smudge twice as much as a righty.
>>
>>2867645
Cover the drawing surface with a piece of paper, better pen feel and smoother for the hand too.
>>
>>2867950
nigga what? you're going to cover your screen with a piece of paper?
>>
>>2867950
>Digital imaging
>Cover surface with paper
You probably misread OP, but in case you didn't you should know that paper is actually abrasive. It is like having a fine sandpaper.
Put that shit over any delicate surface such as glass or plastic surface and it will grind it over time.
>>
no, i don't see the point of it (unless you got swamp or pizza hands). plus they look stupid as fuck
>>
>>2867941
how the fuck would it be a crutch? I'm left handed two and i hated smudging my shit and it forced me to draw right to left
>>
>>2868209
Not all graphics tablets are Cintiqs.

>>2868229
No damage on my intuos, been doing this for 10+ years, it's no worse than black pen nibs. The surface of a graphics tablet isn't as delicate as you make it out to be (unless you're talking about Cintiqs, but why the heck are people thinking I'm talking about Cintiqs).
>>
>>2867941
same thing why the glove is used. except in the case of a cintiq you leave oily residue on the surface and a piece of paper would just keep falling (for me at least it did)
>>
>>2867928
Ever wonder why people ask you not to touch glass windows or why it's generally uncool to put your hands on glass anything? Because your fucking hands are covered in oils and dead skin. Unless you wash your hands every 10 minutes your hands will gunk up your screen.
>>
I had one but lost it. I like it because if your tablet screen gets hot it helps buffer your hand. Otherwise I burn my wrist after awhile of drawing. Reminder to take a break sure but I hate stopping when I'm in the zone
>>
i dont

cause i need to order one online and i dun wanna
>>
>>2867645

I used to, but my mom laugh at me and called me ''Who do you think you are, a New York douchebag?''.

So now I don't.
>>
>>2870916
I have bad news for you
>>
Yes, my hands get sweaty after a peiod of time I guess.

I borrowed a Bamboo some years ago, the day I had to return it it was fucking filled with mess, and because I was a retard fearing I might ruin it if I try to clean it I simply put it back in its box and hoped no one would open it and ask questions.

The weird thing is no one in my class at the time had that fucking problem. It's either they didn't use it much or I don't know. A classmate let me borrow his for one class because I forgot to bring the one I borrowed, and after an hour and a half of using it it was fucking messy. I looked around like an idiot trying to see if it's only me, and the other tablets were fucking clean, including the one that other guy used. That was the moment I realized there's no fucking chance I'm gonna keep drawing like that.
>>
>>2867950

This, I cover my Intous 5 L with a A3 piece of paper. Makes the feel a lot better, protects against scratching and hand grease too.
>>
>>2870917

What is it?
>>
>>2867645
using this single handedly made me understand what "drawing from the shouler/elbow" actually means. Like, I never understood how to do that digitally because without those gloves it's virtually impossible unless you have some weird ass drawing style where your hand never touches the surface of the tablet.
>>
>>2870889
just get 2$ gloves cotton gloves and cut fingers off
>>
>>2868495
well no shit, regardless a cheap glove like the one in OP is actually more practical tho.
>>
File: 1479971153903.jpg (28KB, 640x529px) Image search: [Google]
1479971153903.jpg
28KB, 640x529px
>>2867645
I do, you really need one when working on a cintiq, otherwise all the oils from your hand get smeared on the screen, mixed with the dust and its smudgy and disgusting.

Bought the fancy silk black one that usually are advertised for Wacom tablets, hated it, went back to using 2$ gardening glove with fingers chopped off.

Fuck me.
>>
>>2867645

Unfortunately, yes. I had to even modify it with a sewn on pouch with some cushion in it so my hand doesnt contact the screen.

For some reason the surface pro 3, atleast mine, is super fucked with the touch input. I returned it and got a new one and same deal, if I have my hand resting alongside my pen no matter the setting, it will cause pen lines to randomly shoot off in directions. Its the worst and I have 0 clue how to fix it. Thanks Microsoft.
>>
>>2870917
Give us the good news first
>>
>>2871131
i work on a cintiq and yeah basically this. fancy gloves are completely unnecessary.
>>
>>2867645
dont have one but id like to try
my hands get real sweaty quick so it soundsgood for the job
>>
I just wear a cheap white cotton glove as it is without snipping anything. It glides smoothly on my cintiq
>>
Yes. Keeps the sweat off my tablet and wipes the dust off.
>>
no. my hands aren't disgusting or sweaty fatty hands
>>
All I want is something that will support my wrist.

I don't care much about the sweat and gunk because I regularly clean my tablet. And the sliding thing doesn't really bother me as much as the low key pain in my wrist.

>draw from the shoulder
I know. I just want minimize wrist movement (and pain).
>>
>>2867645
It is necessary when working on a Cintiq! It was hard to work on it before getting one of these.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.