[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

19 min work schedule

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: photo 5.jpg (993KB, 2913x1065px) Image search: [Google]
photo 5.jpg
993KB, 2913x1065px
27244 method for working from a reference

2min10sec - basic line, no dark lines allowed
7min35sec - details + shading if time allows
2min10sec - additional shading
4min20sec - stop looking at reference, draw yourself
4min20sec - go back to reference and correct flaws

(easy to remember b/c the sec is min x 5)

if it works for you, post your results; have fun~
>>
>>2867212
I see you have good taste, OP. I'm not going to waste my time with your thing, but good taste. I draw without time limits.
>>
woops forgot to add seconds

technically its 20 mins ; 35 secs

my mistake
>>
>>2867216

i get it, it's actually a recent thing for me.

Believe it or not, you will get bored of no time limits eventually once you plateau and keep drawing the same shit over and over and restarting constantly. time limits will eventually become a factor, its just a matter of when.
>>
>>2867224
Everyone's got their own process and I'm sure many people don't use time limits, my self included. Been studying drawing for 5 years.

You are making marginal gains from your 'no ref' stage because it's too far into the process. You should put it after the first 4-5 minutes. Where you put it, you are mostly adjusting tones.

The last 8 minutes of the study is wasted time shading and adjusting tones. You're studying an illustration that took at least 3 hours to make, most people just google reference for the clothing. The skill of these artists lies in drawing the character features. If you want to make stylized work the majority of your time should be spent studying what matters most for the stylization, so that you can develop your own style and develop a style library. You could have studied 2 images rather than one in the same time and benefited more.

The most important information to study for the style you are interested in is the shape design, as well as focusing on the face/hair stylization. Studying the linear/shape aspects of the image should be your priority. Shapes are everything. You are missing so many important shapes in your drawing, get the shapes down, forget about filling in the tone.
>>
>>2867224
I'm sorry, but I was a working professional when you were still a plateau in your daddy's sex performance.
I have drawn more industry-changing master pieces stupid memes you fell for in your never ending quest to not make it.
I have left civilization and come back a wiser man enough times to make a weaker man mad.
I have seen things you wouldn't believe.
Dehydrated artists taking days to finish a sketch.
Dip pens drying solid in the middle of a stroke.
You are nothing but a fleeting neutrino to me, kid.
Never make the same mistake again, you insufferable bottleneck.
>>
>>2867269
D:
>>
I bet you $100 you learned nothing from doing this shit. Let's ignore for a second the fact that the drawing you're "studying" from is complete fucking garbage, putting a time limit on a study just becomes a race against the clock rather than gaining understanding from what an artist is doing. And in this case with the "master" drawing being so bad, you'd be picking up this artist's mistakes and hindering your own progress, like every other weeb.

In short, stop drawing anime, draw from life. Or keep doing this and forever be a scrubbo.
>>
File: 1482279157911.jpg (17KB, 455x406px) Image search: [Google]
1482279157911.jpg
17KB, 455x406px
>>2867302
Agreed. I've been drawing from life for the last 10+ years and I've seen tremendous results from it. Stop drawing anime, draw a lot from life and someday you too might be able to draw pic related from imagination.
>>
File: ENTLOfU.jpg (361KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ENTLOfU.jpg
361KB, 1280x1024px
>>2867302
true that realism is better , but i see literally no mistakes in the final art and original art , you probably have something against drawing cartoons , second if this is garbage to you then you literally have seen nothing.
>>
>>2867269
4chan can be an embarrassing place
>>
>>2867212
How can I add text to a collage on an Ipad2?
>>
>>2867212
19 minutes for THAT
no.
>>
>>2867523
it's strange that you come here just to feel embarrassed by anons memes
>>
>>2867302
Getting faster isn't simply about getting better. You often hear professionals telling people and that speed will come naturally. That is true to some extent, but there comes a time when you'll have to actually consider how you're investing your time. You have to evaluate if there's something in your workflow that eats away at your time, and what can you do to change it/remove it without affecting the result.
>>
"Ars longa, vita brevis..."
>>
>>2867212
reference please?
>>
>>2867212
you must learn to do pro level stuff first, and then, perhaps, try to churn it faster

pretty sure /ic/ should focus on doing something half-decent for now, no matter how long it takes.
>>
>>2868029
t. pleb impressed by bad messy rendering
>>
>>2867212
You spend 20 minutes and didnt fix the fucking head tilt and so your gesture is boring as shit up and down. Congrats on failing the basics and wasting 20 minutes of your life
>>
File: YAMERODOGE.jpg (40KB, 540x233px) Image search: [Google]
YAMERODOGE.jpg
40KB, 540x233px
>>2867212
REFERENCING
ANIME
LOOMIS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>2867269
kek
>>
File: Dessert.jpg (522KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Dessert.jpg
522KB, 1024x768px
>>2867519
different anon but I personally hate how people draw the same cookie-cutter anime crap over and over. I don't have anything against anime and manga or other cartoons, but to actually trying to practice drawing to make that stuff is a dead end resulting in a lack of understanding of proportions, structure, shading, etc.
Also something being garbage doesn't make worse material not garbage.
>>
>>2867212
The head, scarf, glasses and tie are in the wrong orientation and the hands became significantly worse in your last box.
>>
>>2868647
> but to actually trying to practice drawing to make that stuff is a dead end resulting in a lack of understanding of proportions, structure, shading, etc.

Why do you assume OP will now for the rest of his life forever only do this one exercise, using anime references?

I see this all the time on this board, someone does a random, maybe not optimal exercise to have some fun or learn something very specific and for some reason, a bunch of idiots always pretend that this exercise is meant as a replacement for studying the fundamentals and then they share their great wisdom with everyone how you shouldn't replace the fundamentals with 1 random exercise. Well, no fucking shit.
>>
>>2867212
>basic line, no dark lines allowed
doesnt make any sense
>>
>>2867212
Post more cute sith lords
>>
>>2868688
Wasn't even talking about OP, was throwing in my 2 cent about the flood of anime-stylized pictures that require little effort compared to realistic work and gush out of self proclaimed "artists" that can't do anything else. I'll probably try OP's method for shits and giggles but that isn't the topic I was talking about.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.