[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reference figures

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: figuartsbodykun1.jpg (24KB, 550x960px) Image search: [Google]
figuartsbodykun1.jpg
24KB, 550x960px
How good are these figures? Are the figma archetype better? Or are they even worth the money? Or should i just save my money and buy an anatomy book

oh and if you have something you use as reference, post it!
>>
>>2866757
I have the figma Tabletop Museum David.
It's really pretty and fun but not incredibly useful, study a skeleton to learn how long limbs are and go to life drawing classes. Seriously, find something life-size like a museum full of sculpture, not a little dude, even if you can't go to classes - I find it pushes my anatomy and understanding of proportion much better than drawing my David.
>>
>>2866997
This. I own a pair of figma archetype next and rarely use them but for referencing complex perspective shots. They're not very useful for general practice.
>>
File: 13.jpg (60KB, 188x451px) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
60KB, 188x451px
How useful are these plane sculptures?
>>
I just use my dog for reference
>>
I love the figure. Don't use it explicitly as an anatomy reference (especially the female model, the anime is strong in this one). But if you're struggling with a specific pose from a specific angle, it's very useful, and gives you a better idea than a standard, practically featureless figurine.

I'd tried using other things such as Poser to get specific references but it's just so tedious to learn how to use it. And even once you learn, you spend all the time you should be drawing getting the pose accurate. So this doll has been invaluable to me.

Just take the anatomy with a grain of salt. And while the model is good it's not quite as flexible as a real person, especially with drawing the knees up to the chest.
>>
File: BenFoster-Dog.jpg (340KB, 880x587px) Image search: [Google]
BenFoster-Dog.jpg
340KB, 880x587px
>>2868066
Does your dog look like this?
>>
>>2868108
wait wha-
where'd you get that pic of my dog?
>>
>>2868108
My dogs name is chipster
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.