[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Painting a qt

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: grillpaint.jpg (123KB, 736x960px)
grillpaint.jpg
123KB, 736x960px
There's this cute grill I know and I wanna paint her to impress her. How long you think it'd take of digital painting to reach a level like the attached pic?

I'm already semi-decent at traditional materials like charcoal and graphite. Never done oil painting before and I've never used a digital tablet before. You think 1-2 years of practice would be enough to reach that level of digital painting?
>>
Learn to dance instead.

seriously bud, I've been in this game along time. Shit ain't like titanic. You want a hobby that pulls tail? Dance. You want a hobby that no one will really appreciate, requires massive amounts of time alone and will eventually isolate you? Keep pursuing art.
>>
>>2866189
I'm fuckin short like 5'8 isn't that a little too short to dance? Or is that ok?

What kinda dancing do I learn?

And srsly I wanna paint neway but god damn buddy you crushed my dreams of impressing this chick
>>
>>2866140
Even if you did reach this level, or even a level far above, her response is going to be something along the lines of "aw, thanks how sweet c:", and that'll be it.

It's very selfish to expect that someone will love you just because you created a piece of art for them.

It may work on someone who you're already very close with, but even then you shouldn't need to. And if they don't know you well they're more likely to think of you as a creep.

Anyway, as for how long it would take to get to this level with no previous experience of digital art. At least two or three years depending on how much time you put into developing your skills as well as how you use that time (4+ hours a day). Expect four years or more if you only put a couple of hours a day into it.
>>
you should go to r9k and leave us all alone
>>
>>2866140
>r9k
don't draw her phagot , become a great artist and impress her with that.

but by than she will have been married and have two kids.

maybe just try to talk to her and impresss her with other qualities anon. you know before all the time slips away and your just left all alone in your madness and art. /projector.4k.image
>>
>>2866140
Doing this shit will just make you look like a weird obsessive beta.
>>
>>2866140
>You think 1-2 years of practice would be enough to reach that level of digital painting
Nah m8, supposing you are already experienced, just 2-4 months would be enough. 1 year if you really suck.
The shift from traditional to digital can be done in 1 month even.

Unless you're talking about painting like that from imagination, in which case 2-3 years at least if you work hard.
>>
File: 1483141554936m.jpg (90KB, 1024x685px) Image search: [Google]
1483141554936m.jpg
90KB, 1024x685px
>>2866205
5'8 is fine. Salsa and tango are good places to start, though tango is harder to learn (but girls love it more).

Then you can fuck with stuff like hip-hop, cutting shapes, etc. This is great for parties. Don't start here though, you gotta learn pair dancing first so you get rhythm/learn to lead.

Take a quick ballet course at some point because
>muh fundamentals
Ballet is like reading the sticky, if you don't have a basic grasp of it, dancer grills gonna think ur a poser.

Avoid cha-cha slide bullshit, that's as bad as tracing. Once you can lead well and bring a girl into it/improvise, then its okay.

Seriously, if you want grills, one year of dance lessons is equivalent or better than 10 years of art study. Look at history: almost all great artists had failed marriages at best. You're probably not gonna be the exception. Being an artist because you want pussy is like being a navy seal because you want to become a nobel-prize winning chemist.
>>
>>2866140
Who is this Semon Demon?
>>
>>2866140
Drwaing bitches is sucide, she will be offended if you draw her any uglier than she thinks herself to be, or if you draw her any prettier than she thinks herself.
>>
>>2866541
the fuck are you talking about mate? just draw reality accurately
>>
>>2866140
You're too much into her, I smell it from here.

Not gonna make it... to her panties
>>
>>2866334
Not the OP, but where do you learn to dance? Should I look into some of the basic dance classes offered at the community college I'm attending? I have a weak sense of rhythm and can't move my body fluidly at all, so I'm a little apprehensive about dancing at all.
>>
File: proko.jpg (17KB, 455x406px) Image search: [Google]
proko.jpg
17KB, 455x406px
>>2866548
Tell that to this man
>>
>>2866550
>basic dance classes offered at the community college I'm attending?

Yeah that's a fine idea. There's probably also a studio or two that does classes. Make sure it's not partner-oriented, go for a singles class. High chance it's gonna be lonely middle-age women, but that's exactly what you want to begin with. they'll be happy to dance with your young ass, even if you're short. More partners to practice with= getting better faster. Read up on time signatures and buy a metronome. developing some basic rhythm isn't hard. It's seriously much, much easier than learning drawing fundamentals. just spend ten minutes a day counting along to various signatures with your metronome, then trying to find the beat in songs you know are in that signature.

Seriously you'll probably get to a class and it'll seem "gay" or "lame af" and your friends will make fun of you, but in a year or so you'll be so fucking glad you did it. dancing is TOP GOLD TIER first date material, even if you're ugly (as long as you don't smell).
>>
>>2866585
>dancing is TOP GOLD TIER first date material,
I should clarify: this is because most dancing is oriented around the guy knowing what he's doing, not the girl. So even if she has no idea what to do, the movements are *designed* so that it's okay as long as you know what to do.

Imagine two first dates:
"Hey, wanna model for me?"
>he's gonna stare at me?
>No chance to talk
>can't even open my mouth or move
>Is it gonna be alone at his place? I'm not comfortable with that
>I don't know anyone who's ever done something like this

"let's go dancing at the salsa club!"
>My grandparents met at a dance!
>He knows what to do, how confident
>It'll be at a public place with lots of people, i'll be safe
>We can talk in between dances and joke/laugh when I make mistakes
>>
>>2866140
Knowing how to draw isn't going to impress her if you don't have your other shit together.

You're better off working out at the gym and focusing on yourself first, then she'll admire you for how much your respect yourself.

Get your ducks in order.

>You think 1-2 years of practice would be enough to reach that level of digital painting?

boy she's not gonna wait that long
>>
Oh my god you autistic faggots think you can impress girls with your art. Ahahahah.

Get a job, buy them gifts, then act like you dont really give a fuck about them, then care a little, then go back to not giving a fuck, also be fit, and then just fuck them as much as you want and do whatever the fuck you want. I promise that girl will stick with you forever. Be a beta cucked le artist and she will run off with me.
>>
File: large.jpg (44KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
44KB, 600x400px
>>2866745
>buy them gifts
>>
kek. Don't buy bitches shit. Make bitches buy you shit, gnome saiyan? Make dat bitch buy you yo groceries and make you a sammich so you can spend all yo time drawing an not doin' no bitch work. Prioruhtees, son.
>>
>>2866140
topkek

>OP creates thread on how to pick up chicks with art
>ends up learning fucking salsa

Art doesn't just get you any chick. But if she's into art, she'll find you much more interesting. Some chicks just dig artists, others don't.

Also don't learn dancing just for picking up chicks, learn it if you feel like knowing how to dance. It's still a skill that any chick will like.
>>
>>2866809
Yes you degenerate neckbeards. Girls like gifts. I know your virgin cucked ass doesnt understand that, but try to imagine a world where you could actually get some poon.
>>
>>2867347
>Girls like gifts
You don't say

You only give gifts to your long time girlfriend or good female friends in whom you are not sexually interested. But you don't buy girls with gifts, they won't respect you.
>>
>>2867356
>whomst'd'vn't
>>
File: 1473099232994.png (36KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1473099232994.png
36KB, 700x700px
>>2866140
>thread filled with autist virgins arguing over what women think
>>
>>2867372
> look at me, I'm so above it all
>>
>>2867340
How can one even pick up chicks with classic dancing in this day and age? The guy who brought it up sounds like he hasn't been outside in the last 30 or so years and thinks young people still go to discos or some shit.
>>
>>2867356
Lmao virgin poorfag detected.
>>
>>2868772
Cunt slayer has spoken
>>
>>2866140

>trying to attract a grill by impressing her

You already lost.
>>
>>2866745

>buy them gifts

I remember when I was a virgin
>>
>>2869045
I'm like 97% sure you still are. I mean, you are arguing because you don't know how women work. It's so fucking retarded. Take the advice and get some pussy you fucking mong
>>
>>2867400
>meet grill
>"hey wanna go dancing? I know this club"
>"b-but anon i don't know how"
>"It's easy, I'll show you"
>take grill's hands, count out a few steps, then spin her

There are still dance clubs that aren't oriented around bottle service, techno and grinding.
>>
>>2867372
more like

>1-2 years of effort developing a skill that might under optimal conditions give an edge in a romantic endeavor

everybody is arguing the timeline as opposed to the worthwileness
>>
>>2868936
>trying to attract anyone

ngmi
>>
File: IMG_5479.jpg (162KB, 446x794px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5479.jpg
162KB, 446x794px
>>2866140
>>
>>2866189
Damn.. he's right and it sucks.
>>
>>2870187
That shading must have taken hrs.
>>
>>2870565
The upper lip alone took me like 3 hours
>>
>>2866205
if you want to pull a hottie learn to salsa, or samba... or both.
>>
>>2866205
Don't be a fag and start /fit/. You don't want to learn dancing just to get a girl, that doesn't make sense. With fitness you not only have it easier to find girls but it increases your body health, cognitive functions and self-confidence. In addition you look less short and can defend yourself in an emergency. So in total much more profitable than dancing.
>>
>>2866140
I don't know what half these posts are on about a solid 70% of girls' first messages to me on tinder are about how much they like the art on my Instagram. It'll definitely get you some extra interest, but I wouldn't paint her for free anon.
>>
>>2866205
If you're short your only chance a pretty women is a ridiculously fat wallet. Women are tribalistic retards and even if they like you they won't date you because "don't date under 6'" is pushed on them by other women.
>>
>>2866547
>Implying women perceive reality accurately
To be fair, nobody does. The person you see in the mirror is your self-idealized image of yoursefl. But men don't put most of their self-esteem in that image like women do.

If she has high self-esteem and thinks she looks better than she does, she will be offended. If she has low self-esteem and thinks she looks worse than she does she will be offended. Either way you lose because she'll never like it.
>>
File: 1470867562511.gif (2MB, 420x315px) Image search: [Google]
1470867562511.gif
2MB, 420x315px
>>2871481
>Implying women perceive reality accurately

that's offensive to all women, who are our equals in every way.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.