[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tips for doing Photoshop paintings

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

I want to begin doing digital art in photoshop, can anyone recommend me any tips, tutorials, or even books on digital drawing or painting here?
>>
>>2863616
FZDSchool on youtube
>>
>>2863616
I'll give you the advice that if you want advice on that stuff then you need to provide more info, like if you have experience with normal painting or drawing.

Learning to paint and then learning a tool like photoshop (filters, layers, masks, brush settings, selection tools, etc) are two different things
>>
>>2863616
Not OP but also getting into Photoshop and learning it. I'd been using Paintool SAI for a few years before deciding to buck up and learn PS since its more widely used by professionals.

A huge difference right off the bat I'm noticing is that when painting with PS it seems like when blending colors on screen, It's mostly done through opacity. This is also the way Ctrl+paint teaches blending. Super different from SAI, where you can blend opaque colors with 100% opacity.

Are there some settings in PS that I'm not aware of? I just don't like the way it looks compared to SAI
>>
Learn to do color flats. I was painting for a couple years before someone told me about them and it's a big fucking game changer especially the more complicated your pieces get. You can google it to get a better idea but basically before you start coloring, draw shapes for each part of the drawing and fill it in with a color you aren't going to use in the drawing. Do these on one layer. That way if you're like five hours in and realize you messed up a part, you can select that area on the color flats then go to your working layer and only affect that area with ease.

I usually forget about the flats once I get into backgrounds but keeping the layer around can be a life saver sometimes.
>>
>>2863954
That sounds weird. You leave it in just to mess up your painting? What?
>>
how do i make stuff like this in photoshop?
>>
>>2863616
>>2863991
Pick up a paper and pencil. Draw. Learn. Come back later. This is the best advice you will get from this thread.
>>
>>2863616
just stay the hell away from anything matt khor from ctrl paint
>>
Ctrl+paint, it's a good introduction to digital art.
>>
>>2864000
It's entirely possible to learn stuff without touching traditional media.
>>
>>2864024
This is true. He's just saying it'll make it easier to learn with traditional (which is like what half of /beg/ forgoes and end up quitting wondering why they aren't improving)
>>
>>2864018
why anon? ;c
>>
>>2863616
stay away from ctrl-paint.

I reccomend anything with

-peter morbocker

-daarken has a aweosme youtube channel he talks about his entire process it's free.

-noah bradley had some older vids that are pretty okay...

-and of course feng zeng you'll llearn some good short cuts there.

cant spell any of their names fuck it.
>>
>>2864018
i started learning photoshop from ctrl paint. i don't see what's wrong with starting there
>>
>>2864000
I'm able to do decent watercolors with actual materials. But when it comes to digital, trying to replicate that aesthetic is incredibly hard. But it has been done by folks.

That's what anon is asking.
>>
lol why are people hating on ctrl paint?
>>
>>2864219
what does ctrl+paint get wrong?
>>
>>2864488
dunno
>>
>>2864547
I don't know what his problem with ctrl-paint is. I learned about gradient filters from that site's free section. Would recommend.

The free stuff:
https://www.ctrlpaint.com/library
>>
>>2864604
Oh, and link to the specific video I mentioned.
https://www.ctrlpaint.com/videos/gradient-map
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.