[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DnD portraits for campain

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: woodelf_ranger.jpg (543KB, 1700x2048px) Image search: [Google]
woodelf_ranger.jpg
543KB, 1700x2048px
Howdy. I created portraits for players for my recent dnd campain. Here is one of them.
>>
>>2863079
How do I get as good as you
>>
Pretty cool design
>>
>>2863079
noice my man, can you ppst some others too?
>>
File: halfling_bard1.jpg (767KB, 1700x2048px) Image search: [Google]
halfling_bard1.jpg
767KB, 1700x2048px
Sure
>>
>>2863079
the background could use some gradient atleast
>>
File: drow_bard.jpg (905KB, 1700x2048px) Image search: [Google]
drow_bard.jpg
905KB, 1700x2048px
>>
>>2863266
>>2863270
great!
>>
File: new rats.png (38KB, 2039x1378px) Image search: [Google]
new rats.png
38KB, 2039x1378px
Hey, these are rad. Posting my 2nd level Shadow Assassin to keep in theme.
>>
>>2863079
Blog?
>>
>>2863079
Elfler had blue eyes.
>>
Michael is gay
>>
>>2863079

What exactly was the campaign setting in which I can play Elf Hitler
>>
>>2863079
To be honest it all looks over rendered. You also might want to work on your fundamentals. Like the effort, though.
>>
>>2863079
>Adelf
>>
>>2863305
Cute!
>>
>>2864588
Do you even know what does over rendered mean? He's far from that.
>>
>>2865074
I know what it means, nigga. That drow bard looks overrendered.
>>
>>2864615

kek
>>
>>2864588
>vague meme advice the post
Do you even know what you're saying?
>>
>>2865339
You know this board is for critique too, right?

Let me go a little more in depth.
The hair doesn't look like hair and the skin has a plastic look to it. That's a sign that the OP doesn't know much about color theory and has a problem with values. There's too little color variation. A black and white adjustment layer on top to check the values every now and then helps with that. Each of them have very dull rim light. The light on the ear of Adelf should be more reddish orange and bright because it's cartilage.

The faces have symbol drawing qualities. The lower eyelids are barely there or aren't there at all. The eyebrows do not look like eyebrows. Eyebrows aren't uniform lines. The drow painting has odd sharp angles on her face where the light hits around the nose, eyebrows, eyes, above the mouth and mouth. Those should be softened, not sharp.

Work on your values more and soften up some of your angles, OP.
>>
>>2865392
>You know this board is for critique too, right?
You didn't give a crit before, you just spouted meme buzzwords. Now you gave actual criticism and you mentioned nothing about his work being over rendered here, so again, it sounds like you were just saying random shit before. This crit is valid and may actually help the OP tho, the other post was too vague to be helpful to anyone.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.