[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how tf?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

File: cheating.jpg (278KB, 1264x782px) Image search: [Google]
cheating.jpg
278KB, 1264x782px
How can a traditional master such as David Kassan not sketch as well as Irakli Nadar who is doing digital art?
How does this add up?
Why do people cheat?
>>
That's because Irakli is all copy pasta. Traces and smudges. The dude is a fraud.
>>
Only one of them is actually sketching, and it's not Irakli. You should show both finished paintings as well.
>>
>>2860001

John Kassan is a traditional render monkey with weak construction and gestural abilites. He has acquired the rarely sought out skill of making life drawings look like lifeless copies of photos
>>
>>2860001
you don't have to be great at drawing to do painting, i know some people who are able to make a living by just painting themselves into a corner then painting themselves out of it.
>>
>>2860185
>don't have to be great at drawing to do painting
The old masters would scoff at you
>>
>>2860182
it's incredible how full of shit you are anon. This is probably Irakli, who am I kidding. Nobody defends Irakli but noobs on Facebook or Irakli on ic.
>>
>>2860211

Tell me how I am wrong. He is good at rendering, but that's about it.
>>
>>2860214
Tell me how he's weak at construction and gestural drawings and how you're in a position to say this about someone who is probably making more money with one painting than you do working at McDonalds?
>>
>>2860218
Whoa too far
>>
anon, it's like taking notes.

some people need to make detailed notes to figure out what they're doing.

some people only need key phrases or words.

looking at the end products for these, I think you're trolling
>>
>>2860001
Are you high? You can tell from miles away the person who made the drawing on the left is more skilled than the one on the right, and I don't even know these people.
>>
>>2860227
>don't even know these people
This is why you won't make it.
>>
>>2860218

Dude I spent years in an atelier. I am pretty familiar with traditional render monkeys. He is good at what a lot of people call the optical approach to painting. He can copy shapes and values but as I said that's about it. And yes obviously he's light years above irakli. He fits in well with many of the contemporary "masters" that produces the kind of lifeless over rendered work that ARC loves so much.
>>
>>2860231

> spent years in an atelier
As a janitor?
>>
>>2860222
Irakli isn't taking notes. He's copying off the fucking test. Do you actually believe that's free hand anon?
>>
>>2860001
the only problem here is you and your stupidity.
>>
>>2860253
Irakli has been triggered.
>>
>>2860248
Kek
>>
>>2860252
are you that shitty at your art that you can't do that?
>>
also, found that video OP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnO0ymz0_5k
>>
>>2860001
You realizes there's different ways to sketch right? And that not everyone constructs the same way? Or that some people bypass most construction completely?
>>
>>2860211
>Nobody defends Irakli but noobs on Facebook or Irakli on ic
Noone is defending irakali, the other anon is just bashing on Kassan.
Learn to read
>>
>>2860248
kek, brutal
>>
How are you even comparing these two artists
>>
>>2860182
>John Kassan
>render monkey

exactly

People like him who focus on photorealistic portraits are almost always terrible sketchers and suck at imaginative works.
>>
>>2860535
Some people just want to become fine artists anon. There's nothing wrong with that. Why judge this successful artist Kassan, not the hack Nadar, when you're just an anon jerking off in your mum's basement?
>>
>>2860001
how many of you would paint in the middle subway station?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0UakPFJdgA
>>
>>2860395
Yes Irakli, I think you're missing the point. I think what the OP is saying here is that a real artist painting traditionally knows that precision is fine tuned as the painting moves along. Versus the hackery you post where the line art is perfect, the colors are perfect, all is perfect. Which is never actually the real case if you were actually painting, and not editing a video to make it look like you're painting.
>>
Kassan a traditional master? Give me a break. His stuff is the kind you look at once or a few times and tire of. Only shallow people and learning artists who want to do highly detailed paintings (to the point that that's the main quality) actually like him. Many of the subjects are even chosen in service of his technique.

I don't know who Irakly is.
>>
>>2860248
>be janitor at atelier
>have all the keys
>lurk around in workrooms
>learn about all the expensive secret techniques
>get paid
>>
>>2860668
I'm an illustrator working in a simple style and I like Kassan. You have no clue what you're talking about.
>>
>>2860797
>sell said expensive secret techniques
>make a lot of money scamming losers
>>
File: 1290400815698.png (63KB, 240x157px) Image search: [Google]
1290400815698.png
63KB, 240x157px
>>2860797
>get to smell qt art grills farts and poopies in the bathroom

Truly a based life
>>
>>2860668
>Maybe if I misspell my name they won't know it's me.
>you're a dumbass.

Irakli stop scamming people you fucking cunt.
>>
>>2860976
>many people saying they don't like his work

>w-well you don't know what you're talking about and your opinion is wrong
>>
He's probably concentrating on fundations and getting the likeness of the model right which doesn't allow you to work on gesture. But that's not the point. It's a portrait. The anime guy is working on design more than anything. It's probably his go to anime girl to draw so he doesn't have to focus on being 100% accurate, just concentrate in having a nice shape with good line weight. It's more for illustrative purpose. You're comparing apples and orange. Two different techniques and focus. Look at the resulting art of those two artists. Also if you'd draw the same character every time you'd end up sketching it very well also.
>>
>>2861344
>many people
>a few autists on a mongolian imageboard
>>
>>2860608
Actually wasn't trying to defend irakli (fuck him desu) when I was saying that. Just asking why x artist draws differently from another artist is a retarded question.
>>
>>2860976
>illustrator
>not shallow
>>
>>2861358
So you're saying you believe Irakli is actually drawing and painting anon?

>this is Irakli more than likely
>>
>>2861437
>fine artists are shallow
>illustrators are shallow

What artists aren't shallow then, asshole? Just you?
>>
irakli is a fraud
>>
>>2860001
one is tracing over a photo, the other is actually drawing
>inb4 "life drawing is just tracing from life" memer comes out
>>
>>2862037
your mom
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.