[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Western Artists Lazy?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: dave rapoza schedule.jpg (167KB, 1000x676px) Image search: [Google]
dave rapoza schedule.jpg
167KB, 1000x676px
Let's compare the work ethic of Dave Rapoza to a Mangaka from Japan. First, here's Rapoza.
>>
File: schedule.jpg (254KB, 866x733px) Image search: [Google]
schedule.jpg
254KB, 866x733px
Now here's the Mangaka Shiibashi Hiroshi's schedule. He's produces two works, Illegal Rare and Yura, Rise of the Yoka Clan. Lots of Mangaka are similar to him.

Are we going to eventually become outdone by Asians? Their work ethics just seem far superior to ours. Especially you fucks on /ic/. You are the epitome of laziness!
>>
>>2859712
Their work ethic is self destructive and unsustainable, it's been like that since ever, it doesn't make better, just different.
>>
File: image.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
In the Middle Ages, a painter's studio would work for around 12 hours a day for ten years or more before starting out on their own.

I wish someone would have the heart to put me through mangaka boot camp.

http://www.jamieism.com/1341/life/how-to-become-a-mangaka-part-1-getting-started
>>
File: image.jpg (108KB, 750x1319px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108KB, 750x1319px
you be the judge. this artists work is still being displayed in San Fransisco decades later and people still eat it up.
>>
>>2859725
this. I bet you Rapoza is better and happier.
>>
>>2859712
Don't forget that as they're constantly working these kinds of schedules, they're usually forced to take a break for months due to the health issues they develop, usually to the point of admittance of a hospital or in some cases, death.
>>
>>2859712
this is why Togashi keeps delaying HiatusXHiatus
>>
>>2859712
I'm going to do this.
>>
>>2859850
And permanently scar your cognitive ability, have fun bud.
>>
>>2859851
Exactly. That schedule is awful for your health but even if you did decide to do it, you wouldn't improve past a certain point. The reason it works for him is because he can turn his brain off and just draw what he needs to draw and even then his health is gonna be in the shitter. If a beginner or intermediate artist uses that schedule to do studies that require critical thinking, it wont work and they'll just fry their fucking brains.
>>
>>2859712
>look up Shiibashi Hiroshi
bait thread
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.