[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A lifetime of computers has completely fucked my handwriting,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

File: pen-handwriting-ftr.jpg (130KB, 1240x775px) Image search: [Google]
pen-handwriting-ftr.jpg
130KB, 1240x775px
A lifetime of computers has completely fucked my handwriting, but I want to draw.

Should I improve my handwriting first?
>>
>>2859408
That's like asking if you should learn how to drive a jet before driving a car.
>>
lol people give me shit all the time for being able to draw but having shit handwriting. the two aren't as heavily correlated as people think. i know a lot of artists who have bad handwriting too, we aren't fucking calligraphers.

tldr youll be fine just draw
>>
>>2859408
You don't need to learn how to write properly just to draw. I know people that are great at calligraphy but absolute garbage at drawing, and vice versa.
>>
>>2859408
>not knowing how to draw letters before drawing objects
not gonna make it.
>>
No?

Why?

What does one have to do with the other?

What even is this question?
>>
File: P_20170214_190650.jpg (763KB, 2278x2278px) Image search: [Google]
P_20170214_190650.jpg
763KB, 2278x2278px
>>
One thing drawing has done for my handwriting is that I actuall write in straight lines and with the same letter sizing now, whenever I used to write on unlined paper it'd go arcing up the page in smaller and smaller lettering
>>
>>2860057
I like the angle of your dangle.
>>
>>2859408
I have met many artistically talented people, and coincidentally, all of them had terrible handwriting. So I don't think so.
>>
While we're on the topic of handwriting, I've always wanted to learn how to properly write since I suck at it.
What are some good methods to make my handwriting more beautiful?
>>
>>2860514
Study and practice, like anything else. There are a lot of books about handwriting in the public domain.
https://www.iampeth.com/rare-books
I went to a few different grade schools growing up and they all taught Palmer cursive. It's pretty simple to learn the letters and practice them. It's very basic cursive but of course it can look nice.
https://ia800204.us.archive.org/8/items/palmermethodofbu00palmrich/palmermethodofbu00palmrich.pdf
I'm assuming by beautiful you don't mean calligraphy.
>>
>>2860564
>>2860057
Filthy cursive fags. It's a stupid Frenchy letter form that ignores the basic purpose of writing, which is to be read.
>>
>>2860681
It's readable and quick for the writer that is.
>>
>>2860681
It's both quicker to write and better looking. It's also perfectly legible provided that the person writing isn't sloppy and the person reading isn't illiterate, like you seem to be.
>>
>>2860718
Better looking than what? I suppose if one has only experienced the two standard ways of modern writing, joined-up looped cursive (which is what's understood by simply "cursive") and print handwriting, one would choose the lesser of two evil. But that's still choosing an evil.

It isn't legible past a few minutes, and that's being generous. Loops for no reason. Loops don't make it faster either. No form. And as I said. Frenchy.
>>
File: Palmer_Method_alphabet.jpg (456KB, 2522x1534px) Image search: [Google]
Palmer_Method_alphabet.jpg
456KB, 2522x1534px
>>2860922
>It isn't legible past a few minutes, and that's being generous.
You're in the minority, at least among adult Americans. Blame your education.
>Loops for no reason. Loops don't make it faster either. No form.
I don't know what script you're referring to, but with Palmer it's only on capital letters. It makes the text easier to parse because the start of sentences and proper nouns stand out, but you can omit them if you want. Cursive is faster, and done properly you use your whole arm as you would in drawing. Your fingers and wrist are stressed less and you can write longer.
> And as I said. Frenchy.
I've heard a few Brits say that, but the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution are the most American documents we have.
>>
File: handwriting ic0001.jpg (809KB, 1717x1271px) Image search: [Google]
handwriting ic0001.jpg
809KB, 1717x1271px
>>
>>2862376
A few of those words are illegible. Your "i"s aren't dotted consistently and look the same as your "e"s. Your spacing is all over the place.

Not bad though, and that's a very cute drawing.
>>
File: image.jpg (329KB, 1200x887px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
329KB, 1200x887px
>>2859418
Are you familiar with Lucian Freud's handwriting?
>>
File: image.jpg (197KB, 800x518px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
197KB, 800x518px
More of Lucian Freud's postcards
>>
File: IMG_2214.jpg (13KB, 300x287px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2214.jpg
13KB, 300x287px
>>2860057
>Andy Worhol signature
>>
>>2859408
honestly only if the language you are practicing penmanship happens to be Hangul or Japanese. Atleast you'll be learning about proportions while writing.
>>
it's cliche, but a lot of artists have shit hand writing. Strong strokes, but shit usually. This is because visually explaining something means more to most artists than the written word of the same message.

I only started working on my hand writing when I started decorating cakes for a living. and even then, my icing text is way better than my on paper text. Calligraphy can be an art, but I do it more for cursive practice (even though more and more customers say they can't read it when I write in cursive) or just to relax. It's pretty fuckin relaxing.
>>
Yes you should. We all know the signature is far better than the drawing itself. You should also take up logo-making so you can stamp it on every single one of your works
>>
>>2862914
>signature
I paid for your art, not your name.
>>
>>2862915
No. The signature weighs nore importance. Better to also put right in the middle
>>
>>2862395
ANNNND the cover of my scanner broke off when I lightly flipped it open. YAY.

At least it was an old hand-me-down.
>>
Try buying letter tracing books, you know, the ones they give to 4 y/o kids. That's what I used when I realized my handwriting was shit and by learning the basics again, it's way more readable now.
>>
>>2862376
>>2863659
You deserve to be alive, this is really cute.
>>
>>2859408
Handwriting has absolutely nothing to do with drawing.
>>
>>2863659
Super cute. Also if you need a new scanner check this out. I just got one and it is CRAZY how good the quality is! and for 120$ it is a good investment in your art. This bitch will make a 12800DPI image....talking 42Gigs a file if you really wanted. (You can use it like a microscope haha)

https://epson.ca/Clearance-Centre/Scanners/Epson-Perfection-V550-Photo-Colour-Scanner---Refurbished/p/B11B210201-N

Cheers and stay cute! :3
>>
>>2863659
>tfw will never be this cute of an anon
>>
>>2863659
this is adorable, anon
>>
File: hmmm___by_dazion1999-daziq3l.jpg (36KB, 400x483px) Image search: [Google]
hmmm___by_dazion1999-daziq3l.jpg
36KB, 400x483px
>>2862916
this
drawings are a meme. They are only to serve as an accompaniment to the signature.
That is why you sign each page of your sketchbook.

pic related is a great example of a budding artist who understands this principle.
>>
>>2860995
>says loops only on the capitals
>example shows loops on ascenders and descenders of small letters
>the e is a loop
>many other examples of cursive have loops on o, r, s, t
>>
>>2868170
>>says loops only on the capitals
No, I didn't. Reread my post and the post I quoted. The pronoun "it" was very plainly referring to:
>Loops for no reason. Loops don't make it faster either. No form.
All of the things you mentioned that are technically loops are incidental to not lifting your pen off the page. Don't play semantics if you lack basic reading comprehension.
>>
>>2866990
>Rocky Razz
That sounds like someone I want to smoke weed with. And I don't even smoke weed.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.