[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just started drawing today. I think this is pretty darn good

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_20170212_074711.jpg (56KB, 526x698px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170212_074711.jpg
56KB, 526x698px
Just started drawing today. I think this is pretty darn good if you ask me. Thoughts? I realize I'm just a beginner so no harsh criticism.
>>
Looks pretty good OP!
>>
I don't like how mad he looks. He should be happier holding two guns in his hand
>>
>>2857064
pretty cool but if you really want to up your game I suggest drawing a girl with big booby's next
>>
File: 862f70_6160503.jpg (170KB, 1003x744px) Image search: [Google]
862f70_6160503.jpg
170KB, 1003x744px
>>2857091
How is this?
>>
File: photo (1).jpg (757KB, 1024x1878px) Image search: [Google]
photo (1).jpg
757KB, 1024x1878px
>>2857064

Hello and welcome to /ic/ !!

Keep in mind, when someone says "Your art is shit" that's just how we say hello to each other.

So for instance, >>2857064 your art is shit.

remember to return the favor, say the same to me as well. Politeness is key on /ic/.

you try!
>>
>>2857107
Y-your art is shit

[spoiler]I'm sorry it really isn't I just want to fit in. [/spoiler]
>>
>>2857108

Fluttershies not welcomed
>>
>>2857064
Not gonna make it.
>>
>>2857064
Better than sakimichan...
>>
>>2857064
Read the F U C K I N S T I C K Y
>>
>>2857064
Blog?
>>
>>2857064
Looks really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really good.

Do you mind if I save it onto my computer?
>>
>>2857064
Honestly, for a beginner it's not a bad start. You are doing alright with proportions which is a hurdle that a lot of beginners struggle to get past (you obviously still need to work a LOT on proportions, especially realistically, but at least you're not drawing like a 5 year old).
But like anyone on /ic/ will tell you, you've gotta check out Loomis and absorb as much info as you can from his books and exercises. Even just drawing from nude figures daily will help you (personally I do 100 1-minute gesture drawings of nude models a day, which is only a little more than 1.5 hours, but it's awesome for practice). Good luck
>>
>>2857101
good for a beginner but the boobs dont look right. I know it's hard to draw a perfect circle but youll get there with practise
>>
>>2857358
Save it, it's all yours my friend
>>
>>2857407
Man you must be new here but that was most definitely a troll making fun of your drawing ability. Just ignore them.
>>
>>2857441
It's a meme you absolute newfag
>>
>>2857064

OP, I have exactly three tips for you:

1. Criticism is always gonna be hard to take, no matter how well intentioned. The only cure is exposure therapy. Put your stuff where people can critique it, often, even stuff you think is awful and ESPECIALLY the ones you think are perfectly solid. Learning to draw is a continuous process of tearing down your misconceptions and replacing it with new ways of thinking and perceiving the world around you. It sucks real hard, but so does anything actually worth doing. Learn to have both a thick skin and an open mind.
2. Draw every day. You think I'm kidding. You think "Oh, anon just means to draw often, not literally every day". No motherfucker, I mean PUT YOUR PENCIL DOWN TO PAPER AND DRAW SOMETHING EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. It doesn't have to be big shit. Twenty minutes to half an hour a day is fine. Doodles or half-assed studies are fine. Making drawing a part of your daily life will get you so much farther than drilling studies every couple of days it's not even funny.
3. Don't prescribe style, explore it. Find the things you could draw for hours without getting bored and draw them until you can draw them like no-one else can. Try out all kinds of mediums, influences, muses and see what sticks with you. Personal style isn't something you just sit down and hash out one day, it's an agglomeration of years of diverse experience filtered through the lens of personal expression. Don't invent it, don't define it - catalyze it, bottle it and sell it.

I'm not a great artist by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm certainly no slouch, and I got from where you are to where I am now through those three crucial principles. I say this not to belittle your efforts, but to show you that the path we walk is brutal yet infinitely rewarding.

Now, READ THE FUCKING ST/IC/KY.
>>
>>2857064
blog?
>>
>>2857316
Fluttershies?
Not OP, but what is this?
>>
>>2857510
this is too meta for me
>>
>>2857064
I'm also started drawing today and i think what you've done is shit. My drawings are also shit but but i wont lie to myself about it. I'm also doing /p/hotography and when i went for the first time on critique thread i've received a lot a criticism and it helped me getting better at it.

>Also read the fucking sticky and do the Picasso's Igor Stravinsky upside down thing.
>>
>>2857521
Dimpy.

>>2857064
As my friend would say when I point out all the flaws in major DA or Web comic artists that skim by "Maybe they don't want to get better."
>>
File: bravo_nolan.jpg (60KB, 554x314px) Image search: [Google]
bravo_nolan.jpg
60KB, 554x314px
>>
>>2857064
>no harsh criticism
bruh thats why you come here.
read the sticky
>>
>>2857064
It looks the fucking same as everybodys first drawing.
>>
>>2857064
I don't understand that crotch situation. Is that elephantiasis or some kind of crotch gout or something?
>>
>>2857510
>the path we walk is brutal yet infinitely rewarding

This is so inspiring it's making me choke up
>>
>>2857101
Barron?
>>
>>2861511
So brutal we lost most on the way. Maybe especially after their first comment here...
>>
>>2857064
If you know you are a beginner then why aren't you posting on the beginner's thread?
>>
>>2861396
Absolute masterpiece. I'll request it engraved on my tombstone.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.