[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Share your thoughts

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: 2-11-17.jpg (215KB, 788x606px) Image search: [Google]
2-11-17.jpg
215KB, 788x606px
Been Loomis'ing for 2 years now. My friends say I'm at pro level but I feel like I still have a lot to learn. Wanted to get some unfiltered feedback from /ic/
>>
File: pow.jpg (217KB, 1030x644px) Image search: [Google]
pow.jpg
217KB, 1030x644px
Grills are from imagination , rest are studies
>>
>>2856642
>>2856643
How do I get as good as you
>>
>>2856642
>>2856643
loomis!
>>
Why dont you make a drawing where you apply what you learned from loomis instead of zillion sketches on top of eachother?
>>
>>2856643
that girl sitting is amazing.
i'm loomis-ing right now, tips on how you use his teachings?
>>
Looks pretty good, but do you have anything thats more polished/finished?
>>
>>2856648
>>2856652
This. Sketches are nice and it looks like you know the fundies but if you wanna go pro, you have to post stuff that pros would do. So if it's concept art, post some character concepts in various angles and variations. If it's illustration then post a cool image. Or if comics then comics, etc.

The sketches are solid but it's hard to gauge how far along you are w/o seeing finished stuff.
>>
>>2856642
that fucking ear placement on the portrait to the far right, yeah you fucking suck.
>>
>>2856656
What if he has no finished pieces because /ic/ only ever tells you to loomis
>>
>>2856658
l*terally me
>>
>>2856642
You're either turr-nip or the same faggot troll pretending to be him for no reason just for a rise.
>>
>>2856658
Then he starts doing them to see where he stands. If he does pro level stuff than he looks for work, if not then he knows what to study.
>>
>>2856642
Come back to LAS tbqh turnip
>>
>>2856666
ps.

Why am I always so lucky to get good post numbers.
>>
awesome!! as someone in my 4th year of art school you are definitely better than people in some of my classes. especially the girls from imagination are what's impressing me. i've loomis'd myself but stopped after a few weeks. and now you've pretty much given me motive to get at it again lol
>>
>>2856642
So this is the power of Loomis, at least we can show something to the beginners now
>>
>>2856677
looks more like hampton desu
>>
>>2856681
this. The bearded dude is from his book I'm pretty sure.
>>
loomising myself. Ive always done portraits, but not with the depth and understanding that loomis has taught me. Im still in the beginning of the book, but its already GREAT material to get better.

My inspiration is to someday draw my future-gf with amazing accuracy to capture her beauty that ill like it so much that i won't give it to her.

Then, ill have to say, "well, if you want your own piece, we have to do another session."

>inb4 "implying you'll even HAVE a future gf
>as I get better, I will be able to woo her with my art and in turn, make her my gf

One thing artists never have had a problem with, is attracting girls. The only thing you gotta worry about is attracting the right girl.

Don't give up ANON! She is out there waiting for you. All you gotta do is give it your best, and pray that its blessed, and God will take care of the rest!

>inb4 God isn't real

God is the greatest artist of all time, whether you believe he exists or not.

Anways, keep improving!
>>
How the fuck do I loomis properly. Pls help
>>
>>2856697

buy this book or download the pdf if you are poor like me.

Andrew Loomis's Books
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!WBERCQiB!uMTQlTgeSCK_4FxKDwE_Lg

Start and READ THE TEXT. It is important. Then, copy the drawings as best as you can, as you go through the text when refers to one of his drawings.
>>
>>2856697
read the words, look at the drawings
>>
>>2856702
>>2856697

forgot the amazon link

https://www.amazon.com/Drawing-Head-Hands-Andrew-Loomis/dp/0857680978%3FSubscriptionId%3DAKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q%26tag%3Dduckduckgo-ffsb-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3D0857680978
>>
>>2856648
Fucking this. Your stuff is aimless and uninspired. You fell for a meme, OP.

>>2856658
That's no one's fault but your own. /ic/'s sticky links so much more possibilities if you actually really look through it.
>>
>>2856642
You always have a lot to learn when you draw. That's not bad at all but it's difficult to rate your skill with just some sketches.
>>
i've been drawing for six years and holy fuck i should start loomising....
>>
File: UAfhaiguhbn.png (641KB, 750x893px) Image search: [Google]
UAfhaiguhbn.png
641KB, 750x893px
I don't have time to reply to everyone individually but thanks for the comments everyone.

Here are some concept sketches:
>>
File: 1.jpg (173KB, 769x502px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
173KB, 769x502px
>>2856717
>>
File: 2.jpg (208KB, 946x828px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
208KB, 946x828px
>>2856718
>>
>>2856719
Hnnng
>>
>>2856642
>>2856643
>>2856717
>>2856718
>>2856719
Blog?
>>
>>2856690
>One thing artists never have had a problem with, is attracting girls.

...I feel like this could be a pasta, but I'm gonna get stupid, anyway.

Artists are fucking assholes, male or female. They're all superficial as fuck, and normal just like the rest of us, but refuse to accept it. Rather than produce exceptional work, they like to think that they themselves are what's special because they had a talent that could impress a few girls and some half-asleep teachers in junior high. And they hold onto that mediocrity until the day they die, thinking that it entitles them to something. Either that, or they won't stop bitching about how hard their field of work is. Which it very well may be, but instead of working towards their art they waste their lives bitching about it.

If you're just looking for sex, you'll be fine. But actually being with an artist will make anyone miserable. The smart ones stay away.
>>
File: 7jGk0I4.jpg (328KB, 680x691px) Image search: [Google]
7jGk0I4.jpg
328KB, 680x691px
>>2856779
>>
>>2856642
These are very good. Somewhat advanced, but not pro level yet.
If you want motivation I've seen people with your level make shekels of anime commissions.
>>
>>2856717
compared to what you've shown in op, this is pretty much crap. and it baffles me.

also, if all you have done so far are sketches, then no, you aren't at pro level. a pro can produce a finished pic.
do you have anything finished to show?
>>
why are you pretending to be someone else lmao
>>
>>2856867
How do you know the OP is pretending?
>>
>>2856779

Its actually not copypasta, but thanks for replying anyways.

>Artists are fucking assholes, male or female. They're all superficial as fuck, and normal just like the rest of us, but refuse to accept it.

I hear what you are saying man. But unlike others, I do art because I enjoy seeing my progress. I like to see that I went from terrible at art to somewhat good, and someday ill get better than that. I do it because I like to see improvement, and not because of the attention of others. If you are in art for other peoples attention, you are right, you are an asshole.

I was that guy in painting class who just did his thing and tried hard to improve everyclass. I see it as a story that is getting better and better as you read on. Once i started noticing people standing behind me watching me paint, it felt good for sure, but i didn't paint for them. I paint for me.

Im not looking just for sex, im looking for a girl who loves me for who I am, not just my dick and my ability to drag a graphite stick encased in wood across a thinly sliced bleached white fragment of wood from a tree.

My brother found that girl, and it gives me hope for me as well. When I do find that girl, I hope to capture her beauty because I want to see that improvement. I went from drawing crappy anime figures from the age of 15 to painting life-like portraits. For me, Art is the challenge of a never ending staircase to non-stop improvement. You will never stop improving.

Its all about perspective man.
>>
>>2856870
Did you watch Jirou Dreams of Sushi?
>>
>>2856874

Never heard of it. What is it?
>>
>>2856879
It's about a man who will never stop improving his craft.
>>
>>2856881

Sounds interesting. Is it an anime?
>>
>>2856868
Because it's old art you stupid fucking faggots. Like holy shit >>2856870 don't reply to this he is the same troll who does this.
>>
>>2856889
No, it's a documentary.
>>
>>2856642
You fucking faggot stop stealing artwork.

And everyone in this thread you are retarded please die
>>
>>2856903
>>2856908
I reversed image search and it couldn't find it on the internet. How do you know it's old?
>>
>>2856913
It's called knowing the style, anon.
>>
>>2856914
Who's work is it?
>>
>>2856903

>first time ever posting in a thread in years, because i mostly lurk
>same troll who does this

I know you don't know that, but it made chuckle a bit.

also

>being a positive person is being a troll

I know being positive about life can be hard thing to do , because I was there for 10 years, but try it out man. I am glad I tried.

Life can get better. You just gotta make the right choices and have a good attitude even when its not going the way you want it to.
>>
>>2856913
It's a dude who goes by the name turnip. He used to post on las and I'm pretty sure he's active on the discord. Someone probably save his work from one of those.
>>
>>2856918
Las?
>>
>>2856924
Hi, There

This is turr-nip

I haven't done any recent art. Thanks
>>
>>2856932

So you'll be rusty most likely. What's the point on commenting on your past dues if you've stopped.

or

You're really not him afterall which makes for an easy troll thread because you know the guy is inactive.
>>
You haven't done any finished work. Even that idlecum faggot can shit out sketches like these.
Hell even shad can do it
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.