[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flash/Animate vs Toonboom

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 57278.png (172KB, 369x401px) Image search: [Google]
57278.png
172KB, 369x401px
what is the best one for making a more professional loking animation?

I used flash for a while, but I been hearing that toonboom may be better for frame-by-frame giving it a more smooth look compared to flash.
what do you guys think, animate or toonboom?
>>
>>2856385
You can simply use Photoshop or Krita for frame by frame, you don't need that tween and rigging garbage that other software boasts.
>>
>>2856392
but making long projects, would take way to long to do it that way
>>
>>2856385
If you want a good software for frame by frame then tvpaint is your man. warning - it's bitmap based so if you transform your lines too much they get all blurred and ugly, a problem you wont have in vector based programs
>>
ToonBoom is the industry standard and it's great. It has vector AND bitmap drawing unlike tvp, and a lot of handy features.

Photoshop has an incredibly shitty workflow for animation, don't use it.

Krita probably has the best potential for frame by frame animation as any that I've ever seen (that onion skin is the best in any software I've used), and you can even insert audio, now. Unfortunately Krita is still raw af and doesn't run well on anything short of a super computer on windows.
>>
>>2856422
i mean i do have a gaming computer and for 10 bucks on steam why not try it.
that or i just pirate all of them and see what i like best, and then seing if i can afford it (probably not tho)
>>
I'd also like to vouch for harmony. its pretty great
>>
I use harmony premium for rigging/cut out animation and it's been a dream.

Auto patching, z-depth patching, every part of character/turns accessible from stage (no need for shitty going into symbols of symbols to animate), z-depth shifting (one click to move arm or forearm behind body, instead of copy pasting layers back and fourth on new layers and fixing them so they look proper shifted), color overrides, node view, CAMERA, drawing tools that dont suck dick and lines that look like theyve been drawi by someone with parkinsons, able to rotate stage while drawing with center of where youre looking instead of dead center period like in flash, etc etc etc
>>
>>2856392
You've never animated yet you decided to give your opinion
>>
What do you guys think about Opentoonz/Toonz?
>>
>>2858113
It's xsheet only and buggy as fuck atm.
>>
>>2857191
I've animated so I gave my opinion. And it is my opinion that you can basically use any drawing software, as long as you can onion skin and export an image sequence or video from it. Traditional frame by frame is just drawing, you don't need much else.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.