[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Get Shit Done

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

File: manictime.png (7KB, 217x168px) Image search: [Google]
manictime.png
7KB, 217x168px
My goal today is to draw about 8 hours.

I'll reply to this thread at the end of the day with a screenshot showing whether I met this goal. Pic related.

Any other anons who want to be held accountable for time spent should get ManicTime or a similar time tracking app and comment in this thread with todays goal.
If you draw trad just use a stop watch/estimate. If you lie you're only hurting yourself, I couldn't care less.

It's not a competition, set reasonable goals for youself, even if it's just an hour or two it's better than nothing. Just strive to do better than you did yesterday.

>inb4 hours don't matter

They matter to me because I have time sensitive projects that need to get done. I'm sure other anons feel the same and having a tangible goal is helpful. If you choose to fuck around unproductively just to say you 'drew' that long then that's your own fault.

I'm closing /ic/ for now to get to work, if no one is interested I'll delete it later.
>>
>>2854379
pointless. put work into for what its worth, not make it a job
>>
>>2854389
>put work into for what its worth, not make it a job

if you want to do anything with art, you need to make it a job
>>
>>2854390
right so everyone who ever wanted to do art had to draw 8 hours a day to make it a job, ok thanks anon.
>>
>>2854391
Yes, most professional artists who work in companies spent every minute they had on practicing.
>>
>>2854379
What is third thing on dat list?
>>
>>2854397
discord
>>
>>2854400
Thank you.
I gues OP is socialized normie.
Sucks so be him.
>>
I use pomodoro app on my phone to track the time. Sometimes I forget to take breaks inbetween but it's fairly soild

I tried getting something like that on my PC (I don't use my phone that much) but every software required java, flash or web-based shit. Whatever. It's nice seeing the count go up every day. I just wish I did more studies, sometimes I use a session solely on mindless sketches, not really getting anywhere with those.

Good luck on your goal
>>
File: 1481288512947.jpg (9KB, 255x191px) Image search: [Google]
1481288512947.jpg
9KB, 255x191px
>>2854379
>timemanic

A literal botnet. If you're into questionable stuff you might want to refrain from using such apps if you respect your privacy. Besides it's not accurate measure of time. Just because you had photoshop open for X hours doesn't mean every minute spent in photoshop was utilized. A timer, like instasntboss, is more accurate; you'd just have to be more disciplined to doc your time in a spreadsheet. Also
>discord
ngmi
>>
>>2854379
i have been using this for a while http://neilblr.com/post/58757345346
good luck
>>
File: totalhours.png (1KB, 574x26px) Image search: [Google]
totalhours.png
1KB, 574x26px
OP here

>>2854389
It is my job. This is just to help with procrastination.

>>2854415
thanks anon, you too

>>2854419
It doesn't record when I'm not actively using it, there's maybe a 10 second delay before it stops.
I've used it for a while now with no issues, but I'll check out the program you mentioned.

>>2854420
This is really cool. I like having an onscreen reminder, thanks anon.

Breaks over, I'll check back later.
>>
I use >>2854420 paired with http://strlen.com/procrastitracker/

The latter is flagged by google as a dangerous site (for unknown reasons); if you distrust it strip the site with a script (greasemonkey or whatever) and reach the source code, since it's provided.
>>
>>2854511
ok if you think this has any point, show what you have done in those hours you "drew"
>>
File: Capture.png (17KB, 328x303px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
17KB, 328x303px
>>2854379
Thanks OP for making me realise how much I procrastinate
>>
>>2854661
>http://strlen.com/procrastitracker/
what does it add?¿
>>
>>2854751
>vuze
gun your father down please
>discord 15 mins
unacceptable
>>
>>2854695

This honestly.
>>
>>2854774
>>2854695
no. its irrelevant, it will only derail the thread
>>
>>2854779

How so? I'd like to see the quantity of practice in the hours anon is putting in. I'd think that would be motivating to see for the lurkers browsing, don't you?
>>
>>2854779
translation: it looks like trash and I'm embarrassed to post art on an art board and would rather post about apps that document how long I do "art"
>>
>>2854779
thats right im pretty sure you drew boxes the entire time or better yet, not draw at all
>>
>>2854787
>>2854801
>>2854804

>t. lazy artists who want to feel better about themselves for not putting in a lot of hours.

end yourselves
>>
>>2854807
t. retard who despite all the "hours" he put in still can't post his art

Nice "work". Kill yourself and your shit thread.
>>
>>2854812
I'm not the OP, tell me friend how many hours should you put into art a day to get to professional level?
>>
>>2854822
No one's talking about hours you moron, people are asking to see the result of those "hours".
>>
>>2854828
what's the difference?
>>
>>2854822
not him but for the student 3 hours should suffice for practice and any additional for illustrative work 3 to 6 hours per day

Your ((((hours)))) mean nothing if it isn't laser targeted with a mindful outcome. If you're just grinding boxes like OP it means diddly squat. Rather than time you should look into scheduling execution each day for said time. Otherwise having a time app is a retarded investment. Only a time app should be used as confirmation, like you clock in at a 9 - 5.
>>
>>2854831
I agree with you on that. but

> If you're just grinding boxes like OP it means diddly squat.

OP never said he was grinding boxes, nor ever showed you his work. You people sounded like you took offence because he logged his hours
>>
>>2854834
also OP says

>They matter to me because I have time sensitive projects that need to get done.

and

>It is my job. This is just to help with procrastination.

he's obviously working on shit, not drawing boxes or doing gestures.
>>
>>2854830
and thats why youre not gonna make it
>>
>>2854842
He's working on shit alright, pure dog shit. Wake me up when he posts something other than his spreadsheet.
>>
>>2854864
this.
>>
hour counting is a pretty nice measurement when you're freelancing. For studying though I wouldn't count hours or even keep a tight schedule. It's more of a thing you're supposed to sit and do whenever you have free time.
>>
File: Clipboard-1.jpg (65KB, 811x732px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard-1.jpg
65KB, 811x732px
>>2854756
It's like ManicTime, it's just that since its source code is available you can compile it and be sure it doesn't have weird shit hooked into it
>>
File: manictime2.png (4KB, 234x75px) Image search: [Google]
manictime2.png
4KB, 234x75px
I'm OP. The last thing I said in this thread was >>2854511

Also >>2854779
>>2854787
>>2854801
>>2854804
>>2854812
>>2854864
>>2854865

This is exactly what I expected. Cheers.

>>2854831
I did 3-6 hours a day when I was doing straight practice, you are right in saying that should be enough for someone just trying to learn.

I'm counting hours because this is my job. I'm not doing studies all day, I am doing client work which I can't (nor do I want to) post. If I happen to get everything I need to done in under 8 hours I will be perfectly happy as well.

At this rate though it might take longer.

Anyway, the next time I post will be in a few hours.
>>
File: 1485472120197.png (393KB, 678x730px) Image search: [Google]
1485472120197.png
393KB, 678x730px
>>2854831
I'd be interested in said schedules. If there are none pre-made I'd want to know how I'd design them.

Since I am a student of CS and work part time as a CAD-monkey I plan to only put 2.5 hours a day into practicing on work days, 5 hours on Saturday and Sunday. How would I ideally schedule?
>>
>>2854379
I have a way to track my own progress using a tier system.

It takes 10,000 hours to generally master any skill, 5000 hours to become proficient at it, 2500 hours to reach advanced level, and 1000 hours to reach an intermediate level.

I initially got into art at the age of 16, kinda stopped around 20 due to lack of available time, but I managed to grow my skill effectively during that time, but I'm not sure how many hours I put into it.

I'm now in my mid-twenties and plan to put in 2 to 4 hours of practice every weekday, and 8 to 16 hours on the weekend. It should take between 2 to 3 years to become proficient at it, and just over 5 years to reach a master level (just under 2000 hours a year).

I'll be recording my progress in separate folders, each folder is a period of time required for the particular tier level. Intermediate is 1000 hours, so I have a folder labeled "feb 2017 - spt 2017". By the time I've completed each folder, I'll have a large portfolio which clearly displays my progress.
>>
You made this thread to post how long you had programs open? Kill yourself you inbred trash, and you had the audacity to call it "get shit done", and yet refuse to post any "shit actually done". Like a pathetic dog looking for pats on the head for how productive he is based on a shitty timer. Sage.
>>
File: kl766.jpg (118KB, 769x1000px) Image search: [Google]
kl766.jpg
118KB, 769x1000px
>>2854966
Hmm, instead of being the idiot I am always giving away my ideas on this site I'll refrain from doing so. I was thinking that, when I "make it" (so that I know it works no matter what) I can just sell my ultimate study schedule that is completely adjustable, and can be tailored to everyone regardless of time. It's perfect because it's something almost everyone could use. I could teach it at some local college and online at $700 a pop how to "plan" scheduling and retire by 35.

So I'll hold off of until I "make it".
>>
File: manictime3.png (4KB, 228x62px) Image search: [Google]
manictime3.png
4KB, 228x62px
>>2855006
That's similar to what I've been doing. Except I just log everything in an excel sheet. Having a timeline like that is pretty cool to look back on.

>>2855020
I don't know if you read my original post that well. I made this thread originally hoping to get other people to join in. Being able to anonymously hold each other accountable. I don't have anything to prove by doing this.

As far as posting my work goes, I don't have anything recent that isn't under NDA and I also don't really want people finding and linking my social media.

If I have time tomorrow I might draw something specifically for /ic/ since you guys seem to think it's important. No promises though.

A bit annoyed with myself over how much time I still managed to waste. It took me almost 12 hours to get 8 hours of drawing done. Need to focus better.
I don't know how busy tomorrow will be so I'm making my goal 4-5 hours.
If anyone wants to join in feel free.
>>
>>2855208
>12 hours to get 8 hours of drawing done
>I'm making my goal 4-5 hours.
pointless pointless
>>
>>2855123
>having this good of taste in art but this retarded
>>
>>2855208
I worked 6 and half hours for 4 months. Everyday. I burnt out awhile ago. This is your warning. It takes 3 days to make something a habit, and 3 days to come out of it. And it's a lot harder to jump back in than you think, I'm still working on it.
>>
>>2855217
>good taste in art

Look at her feet, retard.
>>
>>2855228
IMAGE RUINED

thank you for saving me anon
>>
>>2855228
Very nitpicky.
>>
>>2855278
not even, the double broken ankle is going straight into the sticky for common mistakes. I see this all the fucking time desu. she's even got the beginning of an infinite bridge.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.