[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DeviantArt Interviews Sakimichan

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 11

Thoughts? I'm impressed with how fast she works. I never realized how messy she is with her brush strokes. Gives me a lot more confidence with digital painting. Not every stroke needs to be perfect. You just have to keep painting and painting until it looks good. Given you know the fundamentals, of course. This interview honestly gave me some more confidence and insight into digital painting.

http://go.deviantart.com/journal/Telling-Tales-Worldbuilding-in-Tales-of-Berseria-661005732
>>
>>2853739
Isn't that obvious, OP? Like come on, it's like you've never digitally painted or something. Pretty sure most digital artist have the same process as Sakimichan, but she's just so experienced, her speed is insane.
>>
>>2853742
>Pretty sure most digital artist have the same process as Sakimichan

The process varies quite a lot
>>
>>2853739
>>2853742
I agree all that work done in a hour. If I step up my game sempai should notice me.
>>
>>2853742
OP here, I have digitally painted a lot over the years, but I never had a teacher or looked up beginning tutorial lessons or anything. I've always just tried to figure things out for myself. Only recently have I been studying the fundamentals again and actually taught myself how to look at digital painting from all angles with the help of numerous art books, Ctrl+Paint, and other sources. Seeing someone so successful like sakimichan painting so quick and messy is oddly inspiring. If she can do it, so can I.
>>
People always shit on Sakimi and call her a hack but she has 2 crucial skills that put her where she is.

>1.- Working fast as fuck.
People call her work polished turds but she actually cranks them really fast.

>2.- Updating regularly
Most artists think that once they hit a certain skill level they'll be magically awarded a following and recognition.

But the truth is that skill level has little to do with popularity. There is a saying:
>"If you're pursuing excellence in a field, you'll find that most people have never heard the names of the top experts on it."
Something close to that.
Just like Kim Jung Gi is mostly know by other artists and not the regular public. Skill is only recognized if you're trained in it.

Instead, what most of the public cares is regular updates. I think that Sakimi uploaded 4-5 completed pieces weekly, for quite a while. Same with other "hacks" like Shadman. Art is like drug dealing. You have to keep people hooked up.

I know plenty of brilliant and creative artists, but they only upload things once a month, some even twice a year. Despise being better in every aspect they just can't jump to the next level.
>>
>>2853876

>People always shit on Sakimi and call her a hack

Because she makes lots of money drawing fanart, and fanart, like anime and everything that's not fantasy/ merc wip garbage is not welcome on /ic/.

But I've never seen someone calling her a hack.
>>
>>2853876
>what most of the public cares is regular updates

This so much. Noticed this last year while people were doing Inktober. Also the fujoshi flavor of the season where one artist would produce 2-5 fanarts a week.
This could be like building your gallery for new people to visit and follow your blog.
>>
>be talented and skilled
>artsnobs crap all over you
Tell me again why you want to be an artist?
>>
>>2854077

9 to 5
>>
>>2854077
You can't get popular and successful at anything without having some people hate you for it.
>>
>>2854162
>tfw life isn't like anime where it's all happiness and joy
>>
>>2854077
>>artsnobs crap all over you
>Tell me again why you want to be an artist?
Mainly not for fame and adoration.
But whatever rocks your boat.
>>
She did the most difficult part off camera (initial sketch/composition). So it is more like 2 hours by the end of the video, since she said she usually spends 1 hour blocking in the base. And she said she usually spends 3-20 hours on rendering. Image in OP is not 1 hour. She is very fast though, yes.
>>
>>2854324
i have several videos from her patreon. it takes her 5 minutes to do the sketch.
>>
File: skimimimi.jpg (81KB, 735x537px) Image search: [Google]
skimimimi.jpg
81KB, 735x537px
I actually prefer the style of it earlier in the process. When it was more basic and painterly it looked a little more like something Wes Burt or James Kei would do. The one in OP is too over the top and busy, while also feeling kinda dead/bland somehow. Face also looks weird.
>>
dem hips doe
>>
>>2854296
>I draw for me and never show my work to anyone
Great contribution to society Scott.
>>
File: hinoka.jpg (845KB, 1605x2525px) Image search: [Google]
hinoka.jpg
845KB, 1605x2525px
>>2854534
It apparently is, or else the artist in question wouldn't be getting paid for it.
But, I guess making something that's more pleasing to some academic cunt with a useless major is more important than creating something that people actually enjoy.
>>
WHY WON'T SHE SHOW HER FACE

FUCKING MILLIONAIRE INTROVERTS I SWEAR
>>
>>2854590
>yfw one of the most popular searches with sakimichan is face
That's because her art is her face.
>>
File: sakimi.jpg (25KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
sakimi.jpg
25KB, 420x420px
>>2854590

here u go
>>
File: sakimi2.jpg (156KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
sakimi2.jpg
156KB, 700x467px
>>2854590
heres another.

i wonder what she does with all that money.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (57KB, 593x582px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
57KB, 593x582px
>>2854598
Beat me to it.
>>
File: Captura.jpg (85KB, 994x254px) Image search: [Google]
Captura.jpg
85KB, 994x254px
And of course, the only brony in the comment section is autistic.
>>
>>2854604
Cute
>>
>>2854602
Donations I would assume
>>
She's fucking terrible, especially at composition.
>>
>>2854352
I think it's the heavier use of blending, among other things. It feels very artificial. I'm glad I'm not a minority in thinking her work isn't bad but her polished work definitely doesn't have the vibrance the wip you posted has. But it works for her, I guess, so.
>>
>>2854604
I thought sinix was a manlet
or is sami just a midget?
>>
>>2854773
Womanlet.
>tfw you'll never help her reach something on the top shelf
>>
File: Damn son.jpg (85KB, 511x606px) Image search: [Google]
Damn son.jpg
85KB, 511x606px
>>2853739
Wow, a civilized sakimichan thread, I'm proud of you IC, keep up the good work and you might make it someday.
>>
>>2854788
>tfw will never be friends with Sakimichan and collab
>>
File: 1444337826881.jpg (2MB, 5000x4992px) Image search: [Google]
1444337826881.jpg
2MB, 5000x4992px
>this is the standard people aspire to in art now
>>
File: keanu.jpg (16KB, 350x319px) Image search: [Google]
keanu.jpg
16KB, 350x319px
>smudge tool
>>
The butthurt is crisp.
>>
>>2854598
>>2854602
>>2854604
>a fucking Gook
No wonder the painting are soulless and get done real fast.
>>
She only draws the most unmemorable, generic, cliched shit in the most unmemorable, generic, cliched style. As for technical skill, there are hordes of better big eye lip artists out there if you, by necessity, must idolize one.

In conclusion: You are a tasteless fucking pleb if you look up to her art. Even as a dumb deviantart kid I recognized how fucking uninspired her art is.

>abloo abloo she makes a lot of money and is really popular with thousands of watchers abloo

This isn't fucking /biz/. And getting into art expecting to make money is fucking dumb to begin with. All those watchers are your basic deviantartlets who either are too immature or too autistic to realize how shit her art is.
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 317x267px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 317x267px
>>2854880

>yet 99% of /ic/ isn't even close to that standard
>>
>>2855191
calm down bro, you're gonna blow an o-ring
>>
>>2854880
/ic/ creates this vibe of being all about high standards yet, I've rarely seen an artist here who at least has enough skill to draw or paint a subject in a quality similar to the artists they complain about.

It's not like I want people to keep quiet but honestly, with all the access to hundreds of books, video tutorials from professionals, blunt critique, you'd expect to see better results.

It's confusing really
>>
>>2855312
The only reason a lot of artists here got into art at all is because of how other artists don't do as well as they could with their ability. Of course, all we lack is experience.
>>
>>2855312

Just like /ck/ is all huge failures in the culinary field, /ic/ is a legion of people angry that they aren't e-famous for their artistic inclinations.
>>
>>2854788
Sakimi isn't the one that gets hate threads though.

And what's with people saying she's super fast? She mentionned up to 10 hours for a piece, sounds like what I expected.
>>
>>2855384
10 hours is fast, you dumb ass, it's like you don't even fucking draw.
>>
>>2855384
Some of her speed paints have flats blocked in and fairly presentable by first hour or hour and a half in, with the rest being just rendering, topping at 3 to 5 hours. I think it's the Kiki Delivery Service speedpaint that shows off her speed.
>>
>>2854773
Sakimichan is 5'6. she babbles on sometimes random things about herself in her video process. She's also saving up to buy a house, and has a boyfriend named Alan.
>>
>>2855433
>tfw as tall as Sakimichan
Gonna make it.
>>
>>2855433
>saving up to buy a house

so that video you listened was 3 years ago because she must've bought 5 by now
>>
>>2855433

You mean a mansion? I'm pretty sure she could afford several houses by this point
>>
>>2853739
i love how she recommends using ArtStation. When answering a completely unrelated question. In a deviantArt-sponsored event.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.