[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tips for staying awake

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: u54jj.jpg (109KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
u54jj.jpg
109KB, 612x612px
How can I stay awake after 11pm to pull in 6 hours of arting on the weekday without having to drink caffeine ? I work fulltime and when I drink caffeine I risk the chance of meeting shadow people from the shadow realm and it messes up mind during the day. I know cold showers might work but it's winter.
>>
File: 1485084855919.jpg (37KB, 526x473px) Image search: [Google]
1485084855919.jpg
37KB, 526x473px
>>2852975
Doesn't run on sheer willpower
>>
Your day is divided into three portions, as an adult.
>Shift
>Sleep
>Free time
In order of descending importance. If you're working 80-hours a week, art's not going to be something you can pursue. If you're not, cut down on literally anything else from your free time, because you're not going to get rid of the need to sleep no matter how hard you fight it.
>>
>>2852975
Go to sleep as soon as you're done with work, wake up, grind art, go to work already tired, repeat.
>>
>>2852982

If I add all the miscellaneous tasks it becomes 60 hour work week. I don't want to quit art though, I'm too stubborn for that.
>>2852986
so I'd wake up at 2am ( ~ 5 hours of sleep) and have maybe ~5 hours to draw. I'll be missing 1 hour but I'll see. I've tried doing this a few times but I become fatigued and go straight back to bed. Maybe running in the morning might help but that takes away time, idk.
>>
>>2852994
8 hours of sleep and 2 drawing are better than 5/5 IMO, you're killing brain cells left and right if you only sleep 5 hours, and the 5 hours you do work are much less effective too.
>>
File: Cover.jpg (604KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
604KB, 1000x1000px
>>2852999
Seconding this. Quality > Quantity when it comes to practicing any kind of precise skill, and sleep is needed for that and more.
>>
File: 1483391754632.jpg (118KB, 1100x698px) Image search: [Google]
1483391754632.jpg
118KB, 1100x698px
>>2852994
60 is a little manageable.
I'd honestly just take the two or so hours I could put into drawing and make sure I spent it well. You have an advantage here. You can do art with a well-rested mind that isn't worried about how it's going to make rent.
>>
>>2852975
Not being an actual baby helps, adults can be up after 11 pm without the need of caffeine when there's shit that needs to be done
>>
>>2853028
You know for a fact that's not true. Adults are super bad and need caffeine. Babies can be up all night crying for your dumb ass.
>>
>>2852999
>>2853001
>>2853006

thanks familytachis, I'll just do 3 hours and maybe after a month or 2 experiment if I can tack on 1 more hour

>>2853028
They can...if they don't have to deal with customers all day sucking every fiber of their creative soul. And for your information I still suck my thumb thank you very mush.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.