[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to construct appealing figures?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 10

Is it actually possible for someone to construct something this anatomically/perspective-correct without reference? Either way, how can I get these results with reference?

I looked into a step-by-step video from a pin-up artist but she seems to construct her figures out of thin air. The footage shows the photoshop window view only (can't see if reference was used). No construction lines of any kind, no lines had been erased yet in pic related. So something must be happening off-screen which the artist is too ashamed to mention.

Possible references used:
- Frame from a video of a woman
- Reference photograph of a woman.
- Real-world figure: posing it, photographing it.

This artist is likely pushing proportions selectively so the form appears more dynamic: it would look much stiffer than pic related if the reference was directly copied. I always thought using a frame from a video and pushing the proportions seemed dirty" or "cheating", but if this person got these results with it then I'll will make some drawings like this.
>>
File: 2017-02-09_0512.png (713KB, 2560x1370px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-09_0512.png
713KB, 2560x1370px
>>2852895
Uploaded the wrong picture on accident, pic related is their constructed figure. OP image is finished render.
>>
Yeah just imagine boxes like Kim junggi.
>>
>>2852895

It's absolutely not necessary to use reference for a fairly simple figure like this. If you are experienced you don't need construction either. It's possible the artist has drawn this type of pose a thousand times before and knows it by heart.

I construct dynamic or weird poses without reference many times and generally start with a rough outline, after which I make a skeleton to assure the anatomy is correct.

Reference is for details, not poses unless you are a complete noob with the human figure
>>
>>2852895

Learn anatomy and perspective. Perspective is very important.
You must relate your figure to a horizon line, Loomis explains most of this in figure drawing for all it's worth. Although he states that you need to have a solid understanding of perspective to even implement the stuff he is teaching. Don't gloss it over it's crucial to making the figure look correct.

>>2852903
this definitely helps when practicing placing the figure in perspective
>>
File: 1441260695592.jpg (101KB, 850x1056px) Image search: [Google]
1441260695592.jpg
101KB, 850x1056px
You gotta think big.
>>
File: eaa.jpg (69KB, 621x621px) Image search: [Google]
eaa.jpg
69KB, 621x621px
>>2852930
>There are people who actually like proportions like that.
>>
>>2852895

You ---> just <--- need to think.

http://www.floobynooby.com/comp1.html

Like seriously. First concept: confident, a bit smug maybe (?) female warrior in dominant pose. Heavily sexualized. Check.

Second: lens and angle. If we want her to be dominant and towering, then let's get the low-angle/worm-eye view.

Third: Pose. Behind or front? Front, ok. So show breasts, stomach, do something with legs, wait, we sexualize her, so let them into the frame, make them spread because it is vulgar and sexual. Ok.

So spread legs, towering pose, dominant behavior. She is standing over the defeated enemy, viewer is defeated enemy, so the weapon will be somewhere in frame, maybe pointed at the viewer, nah, too much shit with foreshortening, maybe raised to strike...ok, so raised to strike, but lazily, as she might be deciding to strike or not depending on her whim.

Ok, so let's sketch few thumbnails...ok, ok, this works, this doesn't...ok...hmm...

Fourth: Make it more appealing/dynamic. Get some fabric moving, oh yeah, it can also reveal more of the body, so it will be even more sexual. Fuck yes. Hmm...what else...oh yeah, glare on the weapon, it's always sweet. Some effects here and there.. BOOM! Another figure masterpiece.

So here you have it. Just fucking think before and as you are drawing. Shit doesn't have to be complicated, but some thought process like that should accompany you as you draw figures.

If you'd choose drawing her from the behind, she'd probably be looking over her shoulder at the viewer and her weapon would be down after slicing some enemy before. And the wind would show her butt. And she'd be spread again a bit so her pose would be stable and maybe leaning a bit to show her buttcheeks, but if she'd lean, she'd have to have a reason to, maybe she'd be leaning to one of her legs that was cut a bit.

Shit like that. It's not difficult, you just need to try.
>>
>>2852941
Good insight, thank you Anon.
>>
>>2852930
hnnnnggggggg
>>
File: 2017_02_01_1143.jpg (406KB, 640x883px) Image search: [Google]
2017_02_01_1143.jpg
406KB, 640x883px
>>2852951
>>
being organic with your shape
>>
I think Dandon Fuga is the only artist I have saved every image of. She understands how to construct and render forms more seductively than anyone I have seen.
>>
>>2852895
Yeah, having enough experience, drawing something like this from imagination is fairly easy imo.
>>
>>2853055
>literally just be good
>>
>>2853064
What kind of answer did you expect, retard? Go fucking draw. You're not gonna get closer to that skill level greentexting on 4chan.
>>
File: 1452370915_hqdefault.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1452370915_hqdefault.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>2853064
literally
>>
File: 2017-02-09_0902.png (857KB, 2560x1468px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-09_0902.png
857KB, 2560x1468px
>>2853073
I am the OP. I did not make this person's comment. I would never speak to my countryman that way. Thank you for being you, Anon.

(Check the lack of "You").
>>
>>2853085
Source on this
>>
>>2853086
Me? I am the source? lol.
>>
>>2853087
You made that video? Wow. How did you get so good?
>>
File: 2017_02_06_0067.jpg (427KB, 700x990px) Image search: [Google]
2017_02_06_0067.jpg
427KB, 700x990px
>>2853092
Oh. You want the video... But you're a stranger on the internet and it's protected material... and I really like Dandon Fuga... and it's a big file... and my net is very slow...

...Source: https://gumroad.com/dandonfuga

Please don't ask for my beheading ><... Dandon Fuga gets my biggest recommendation and deserves money...

This person is completely correct: >>2853032
>>
>>2853085
>Check the lack of "You"
You deleted (you).

You know - "Photoshop".
>>
File: 5d8.gif (350KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
5d8.gif
350KB, 500x338px
>>2853097
>Juri smirking while giving Laura a reacharound
Is it possible to avoid fapping after seeing such an image?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.