[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rendering using BIC 4-colour ball pen

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: Rembrandt.jpg (121KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Rembrandt.jpg
121KB, 1080x1080px
How in the hell is possible to achieve this tipe of rendering using only this pen?
>>
Type*
>>
Lots and lots of time
>>
>>2852209
>rendering
what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>2852209
>How in the hell is possible to achieve this tipe of rendering using only this pen?
Step 1: Get classical training
>>
>>2852233
Do you not understand what rendering is? Maybe you should read the sticky
>>
>>2852236
>Step 1: Get classical training

You mean like an atelier?
>>
>>2852209
Obviously a very strong understanding of color as well as the patience of a saint.

The method of course is just dithering, it's pen point 4-bit pixel art on a moleskin.
>>
>>2852209
Who's the artist
>>
His nail is gross
>>
>>2852246
https://www.instagram.com/nicolasvsanchez/

>>2852245
A indeed very strong understanding of color. I will sure look after this method, thank you!
>>
>>2852243
Yeah, it seems that pretty much anyone who has a few years of atelier training can easily do stuff like Op's pic
>>
>>2852301

Sorry, that is not the case. The absolute best students at any given atelier but by no means the average ones. This is really fucking good. Some of his paintings are pretty meh though.
>>
He says he draws these on the train. Is that true? Obviously he would need a ref and I assume it would take him at least a couple an hour at the very minimum to do stuff like this.
>>
>>2852317
I'm stuck with this in my mind too. You must use that pen very lightly if you want to achiev anything near that.
>>
>>2852209
Autism

Also I noticed these type of artwork look better in photos than in person
>>
Remember, friends: the tools don't make the artist!
>>
>>2852277

how do you save pics from instagram
>>
>>2852209
>chromatic aberration with traditional medium
>>
>>2852694
Print screen, duh.
But if you really really want to you save image from your browser, then there's an invisible div element above the actual image. Just block that with uBlock Origin/Adblock/whatever.
>>
become a human printer
>>
>>2852209

Its all about pressure. I made some research about it and this is the secret. Also, I think you have to get rid of ink excess depending of the value you render. ( light value = little amount of ink ) but it's my opinion not a fact.
>>
>>2852747
>I think you have to get rid of ink excess
Partially right. Ballpoints tend to retain small blobs of ink, so you have to wipe it of in another paper from time to time (observe the scribbling on the page on the top). But the value thing is solely on pressure.
>>
>>2852209
looks like shrek
>>
>>2852209
Learn about color gamuts and the Zorn palette, it's going to give you insight on this sort of stuff.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (75KB, 1076x251px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
75KB, 1076x251px
>>2852694
>>2852694
Open the pic on another tab, then right click and show the source code (Ctrl+U on Chrome). Then search for pic related piece.
>>
>>2852209
You don't need that many values. 1-2 colors for light shapes and half tone, add a third color for shadows. Use really light pressure.
>>
>>2852990
Thank you, brah.
>>
>>2853061
Thank you, gonna try it!
>>
>>2852237
You mean coloring?
>>
>>2853090
It's only colouring if you use lines, anon.
>>
>>2853241
And what is used?
>>
>>2852702
kek
>>
>>2852209
I need someone to tell me this is photocopy cause its just too good. How does he do it? And why aren't you guys flipping your shit over this, the guy is a wizard.
>>
>>2854950
As it says in the filename, it's copied from a rembrandt self portrait.
>>
>>2852715
holy ashhit fucking thank you
>>
>>2855074

There is a better option, I don't remember what it's called at the moment but there is a little program you can download with saves entire instagram feeds into a folder
>>
>>2853521
he means that there's no lineart
just the colors
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.