[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Multi Tasking - Is it Bad for studies ?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: multitasking.jpg (176KB, 1160x772px) Image search: [Google]
multitasking.jpg
176KB, 1160x772px
I usually multi task ( Draw + Watch something )

It's habit I had since forever , I like to have TV noise somewhere.

But when you study for School or for anything and you multi task it decreases your efficacy while studying. Doesn't that apply while studying art for example ?

What do you guys think ?

Music is on its own , it doesn't need focusing like watching a show on your other monitor.
>>
Of course it's bad
>>
>>2851583
Drawing while having a stream of another artist drawing can be cozy.
>>
Multi tasking is horrible when you're studying anything, and art isn't an exception.
You're attempting to learn things that took the species thousands of years to figure out. Take it seriously or you will not progress.
>Music is on its own.
No, it's fucking not. Music is noise. Noise is a distraction. Distraction detracts from focus, whether you're too much of a dunce to admit it or not.
Everyone has this middle manager's view of life and success, where they're emulating the silly shit in your picture, and it's bullshit. Obsession and silence are necessary for anything worthwhile.
>>
>>2851621
post work
>>
>>2851621
>music

>not good for concentration

You're ignorant
>>
>>2851621
I can agree with the music part if it's lyrics heavy.
But years before you, people discovered that Bach is one of the best composers to listen to if you're looking to focus on a task.
>>
>>2851583

that's disgustingly obvious, I'd try to avoid even listening to music or podcasts. You need to absorb and retain information. Its like studying for an exam (but not exactly) where you need to know facts and textual information. when you study art you need to retain visual information.

I remember reading this article talking about how your brain will make you close your eyes to better recall some information. So shutting out other stimuli will absolutely help you study.
>>
>>2851583

How the fuck is that even possible? You can't watch something and draw at the same time unless you're doing blind contours.
>>
>>2851627
Not really. I just focus on the thing that's in front of me, and it's how I get shit done. Even when I've tried to play music during study sessions, I've always turned it off the same way someone takes off an uncomfortable piece of clothing in bed.
It's not just me, either. I get called to help people with their math homework regularly, and I've noticed the same constant difference in study patterns between people who need my help and people who don't. The people who don't never have their earbuds in on campus, and never fuck with their smartphone while there's an open book in front of them. The opposite is true for people who do.
>>2851628
I've heard this, but I'm skeptical about any pseudoscience news articles claiming shit like that.
I know that I barely notice Mozart playing in the background, when I'm doing something, but I can't see how it would "benefit" my concentration, unless it's blocking out a more offensive noise.
>>
Personally it depends noises sources around me.

When I working with something I have to set up ( like open VLC for a specific TV serie or play a particular music on Spotify ) it decreases my productivity. But if I play something randomly like youtube/Spotify mix or radio, I don't have this psychological reflex of distraction and focus on my work.
>>
>>2851583
Depends on what you're doing. Real time consuming activities like rendering everything out can be so boring, and so music or podcast while doing that can help you not get tired as fast. For decision making type activities though it's probably best to be as focused on the task as you can.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.