[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gesture

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1486114940936.jpg (49KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
1486114940936.jpg
49KB, 736x552px
What do 30 second gesture/figure drawings train?
I'm asking because I found this site that curates a set of stock photos for you to draw within a set time limit. Seems kinda neat.
Link: https://line-of-action.com/practice-tools/figure-drawing/#
>>
Trains you to capture a drawing in 30 seconds instead of being a slow printer that takes hours.
>>
>>2848999
makes you faster, time is money, maintaining concentration is time limited, improving your ability to capture landmarks, gesture, and proportion
>>
>>2848999
Forces you to capture the essence/gesture/action and not get caught up in contours and details. Don't worry about making it realistic or "correct" necessarily.
>>
>>2848999
>What do 30 second gesture/figure drawings train?
Your communication skills, as in,how much can can you communicate with as few lines as possible.

If a random person were to look at your gesture how much information can they pull from it.
>>
literally what it says on the tin, teaches you to capture a pose in 30 seconds.

It's useful to be able to get a relatively decent pose set down fast, whether because your subject isn't going to be standing still or just for efficiency's sake (you can confidently build on a gesture whereas trying to do a detailed render without a solid foundation is a shifty proposition).

It's definitely an important skill, just don't be one of the retards who grinds gesture as if it'll make you good at detailed figure drawings. It'll make you good at gestures, you still need to learn to render and refine to be good at rendering and refining. I also personally don't think it's a useful exercise for beginners despite how often /ic/ pushes it, a baseline understanding of proportion and form is prerequisite imo. Too many people try to rush it over and over when the order of the day is being deliberate and thinking.
>>
>>2848999
Trains hierarchy control. What is the focus and how does everything else emphasize and not compete.

In this case the Line of Action is a good focus. Rhythmic limbs and cross contours are good supports to the LoA
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.