[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

How would you define the art style of Star wars?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

How would you define the art style of Star wars?
>>
>>2848410
i would define it as the star wars style
>>
If you mean the movies, it is like a calmer version of the concept art (pic related). Retro futurism-lit, with a 70s look. The movies toned it down a lot. But rebels is kinda trying to bring the clean, angled look back.
>>
70s sci fi kitsch
>>
>>2848437
Ooo nice, I'm about to watch rebels soon.
>>
>>2848410
what a coincidence, I downloaded all the star wars movies today to study thme
>>
File: bargeinterior1.jpg (56KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
bargeinterior1.jpg
56KB, 1024x576px
>>2848410

Most of the original film's look was created by Ralph McQuarrie, who designed a lot of the major characters and sets. He worked as a technical illustrator for Boeing and did some stuff for NASA. So a lot of the technical stuff feels realistic. Plausible.

This is the amazing thing about the old Star Wars movies. The first one was made 40 years ago, but it feels timeless, which is shown by the success of Rogue One. Many other films from that time, and even later, are almost unwatchable because they look so dated. Even the prequels are starting to look dated. I've attached a (bad) screenshot from the prequel, and the ships interior could fit directly in an episode of Star Trek TNG.

I wouldn't call it a specific style, but the designers of Star Wars called it 'used future'. Until then most sci-fi movies showed shiny, spotless environments and Star Wars broke that tradition with scratched, rusted vehicles and robots.
>>
>>2848689
Some of the design of Rebels is real fucking nice, and it plays as a nice call back to the designs in the originals. Unfortunately, the character designs can sometimes get a bit wonky, and the story leaves something to be desired, but it has moments that make it shine some times.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.