[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I will start drawing 8+ hours a day tomorrow

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

File: eufgieifuew.jpg (4KB, 219x230px) Image search: [Google]
eufgieifuew.jpg
4KB, 219x230px
>I will start drawing 8+ hours a day tomorrow
>>
I hope that 8 hours is with a model or a still life or direct observation
>>
Good luck and remember to take breaks
>>
>>2846187
No you won't

This does not deserve its own thread and you should kill yourself
>>
>>2846192
The point of this thread is that I and many other people say this every night
>>
>>2846194
the point is that there is no point xD
>>
>>2846196
xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD end yourself
>>
>>2846194
same.
>>
File: 1483335771758.jpg (20KB, 331x430px) Image search: [Google]
1483335771758.jpg
20KB, 331x430px
>>2846197
>>
>>2846187
8 hours isn't necessary. Start with an hour a day.
>>
start today and work with a goal and direction or else youll waste time.
>>
Make a fixed number of drawings instead,
(actual drawings, not sketches or unfinished shit)
>>
File: dailies.jpg (46KB, 353x594px) Image search: [Google]
dailies.jpg
46KB, 353x594px
>>2846187
>>2846194
I've had that kind of issue, I would actually make attempts, then get distracted with nonsense and then realize my day has been wasted. I started using habitica.com a few weeks ago to keep track of my time. They gamify shit, but that doesn't matter, it's just a useful way to set up repeating to-do lists.

I'm aiming for working 10 hours every day, but I've got 2 separate things set up, because I know I'm going to do at least 3 hours every day (even when I take a day off I'm doing the 3 hours). I only check off an hour if I didn't waste any time with bullshit during it. Depending on what I'm working on, I'll break hours into two half-hour chunks with a 5-10 minute break between, but with other work I'll get into the zone and do a few hours straight before taking a break.

I was expecting to get my 3 hours, and then fail to do 10 hours a day, and slowly work my way up to doing the full 10 hours a day (or readjust my goal), but I've only fallen short three times in the last 24 days, and a few days I've put in more than 10 hours, so I'm averaging just under 70 hours/week for the last three weeks.

It's helped me keep focused, and feels good to be able to look back at my time spent and realize that while my friends with full-time jobs think being self-employed makes me lazy, I'm more dedicated than they are. It has a secondary effect of making me realize how much I enjoy what I'm doing, that I'm capable of spending so much time on my work without feeling like killing myself.

I've heard a habit of many successful people is to keep a journal, and I think keeping track of your hours is a similar practice (I'm considering getting more specific). After I'm confident that my work ethic is fully automatic and habitual, I'm going to switch to having more production-oriented goals, but I think this has truly helped me be more consciously aware of my time management.
>>
>>2846270
LOL
>>
>>2846306
The amount of time you spend and what you spend it on depends on your goal. Assuming that 8 hours isn't necessary is a bit silly.
>>
>>2846187

You fail because you're counting time. What you should do instead is:

>I will start drawing as much as I can

I generally do between 2~3 hours straight, then I put a timer of 1 hour and go do something else

I get over six hour every day this way and I'm undisciplined as fuck.
>>
this is not something you say you're gonna do, it's something you simply do
i've never told myself
>starting tomorrow i'm gonna draw eight hours every day
it's just something i ended up doing and then kept doing for a certain amount of time
>>
>>2846318
>You fail because you're counting time.

I got a timer and started keeping track of how much time I spent practicing every day - just pure practice time; I even stopped it when I went to the bathroom. I can't overestimate how much it helped me maximize my hours.

Different strokes for different folks? I recommend trying a timer+notepad though. I had one notepad file with over 4,000 hours charted at one point. EXTREMELY motivating.
>>
>>2846350
>I had one notepad file with over 4,000 hours charted at one point.
>tfw don't even keep a notepad but know I haven't clocked in 4,000 hours
I have never put in so much time into something and I have no idea how some people do
>>
>>2846306
How's that funny? The reason why you /ic/ turds keep giving up is because you set unrealistic goals. You start small and work your way up.
>>
>>2846309
What's silly is that you think you need to draw 8 hours a day to improve.
>>
>>2846359
>improve
If you look at the OP, you'll see improvement was never listed as the goal. I agree entirely that you don't need 8 hours a day to improve (though everyone learns a little differently). I tended to binge on different subjects and take long breaks (usually too long) when my main focus was learning.

When I started actually doing work, I realized I couldn't complete projects in any reasonable amount of time only working a few hours a day, let alone make a living.

I guess I should expand on this >>2846278 to point out: I already know very specifically what I'm going to be spending time on. I have a large project to work on with very tangible goals, I get started every day knowing what I'm going to work on (for the most part). If you're focusing on building a learning/practicing routine and don't really know where to start, I doubt an hour count is the first thing you need to work on. But if you're like me and know what you need to do, and you're just fighting laziness, an hour counter might be the way to go.
>>
>>2846270

I do hope none of you are stupid enough to fall for this meme perpetuated from LAS. You have 365 days in a year, if you only spend an hour each day that's only 365 hours vs someone who spends 8 hours = ~2950 hours. Clearly if you are smart enough you can see the one who puts in the most time get good in 5 years and the guy putting in one hour will get good in 15 years.

>BUT THATS BESIDES THE POINT START WITH ONE HOUR AND THEN ADD MORE HOURS

that's just another meme, you either love to do art that you're willing to spend lots of hours or you just find some other hobby
>>
>>2846561
Shut up, you sound dumb.
>>
>>2846567
piss off
>>
>>2846561
LAS set that as a min. so people could easily get into the groove and more people could join. Also even Feng Fucking Zhu, AKA Mr. Draw 93 hours a day said that you should work your way up to drawing more instead of trying to do it all at once or else you'll just burn out. The only meme here is your existence you dumb cuck.
>>
>>2846572

no such thing as burn out
>>
>>2846576
I wonder who knows more about art, you or an industry vet who makes a living off of educating people?
>>
>>2846577

Has nothing to do with art, wiseass. In general, there is no such thing as burn out. You'd rather talk to me on 4chan than draw, that's how I know you're procrastinating rather than drawing (yes, I'm guilty as charged as it takes 2 to tango).

It's not burnout but procrastination; you'd just rather do something else than draw because that's what you feel like doing, but for extended periods of time.
>>
>>2846579
Procrastinating and burning out aren't mutually exclusive things. If you push yourself too hard too fast then you just wont have the will power to go on and you'll end up procrastinating. Just like if you started trying to run 5 miles a day right off the bat instead of working up to it, you're body just wouldn't let you. Same goes for art, maybe some people don't burn out but the majority of people will if they just jump in to doing 8+ hours a day without working up to it. It's unfair to say working up to something is a "meme".
>>
>>2846567
>>2846572
drawing is not a past time where you expect result without putting in time
it takes eighty years to become okay at drawing, you either alot enough time to GET GOOD or you do something else that's not a complete waste of your limited time on this earth
>>
>>2846593
No ones saying you shouldn't put time into art. The argument is that you should work your way up to it instead of suddenly trying to do 19 hours a day and failing.
>>
>>2846584

I was referring to the OP saying 8 hours isn't necessary and >>2846359, not building up to it you sperg. This is why the rest of /ic/ doesn't like you LAS fags, you're too quick to hop on someones case to defend your hugbox. This:
>BUT THATS BESIDES THE POINT START WITH ONE HOUR AND THEN ADD MORE HOURS
Was in reference to not having some ficticious limit on your draw time. If you want to draw more than 1 hour do so. Or do you literally have a timer next to you that, when it beeps off, you say to yourself "hai soko made da" and put away the sketchbook for the day? Are you telling me you're a bitch to your timer?

Next time take the time to read first before posting.
>>
>>2846600
You said "there's no such thing as burn out" you dumb fucking cuck. Realize whose post you're replying to and realize what you're trying to argue before you open your fat fucking mouth you dense retard. You just changed the entire point of the argument because it didn't suit you. Stop spouting buzzwords and elevate your reading ability to at least a third grade level before replying to me you retarded mongolian faggot.
>>
File: 1395541960950.jpg (36KB, 741x486px) Image search: [Google]
1395541960950.jpg
36KB, 741x486px
>>2846602
>telling me I changed the subject
>he's the one who mentioned burnout
>original post had 0 to do with burnout

Addressing what is contained in your post isn't changing the subject. Maybe if you stayed on topic in the first place it wouldn't look that way to you.
>>
>>2846602
Shut that bitch down.
>>
>>2846604
>says starting with 1 hour and adding more hours is a meme
I say that that leads to burn out and it's best to build up to long hours
>say burn out isn't real
I say that it is real and Feng Zhu himself has discussed it
>get BTFO and backpedal saying you were talking about the OP post even though you explicitly mentioned burn out and replied to my post
I BTFO you again
>more back pedaling. Y-You changed the subject even though I was the one who brought it up"
This is embarrassing. If you can't even keep track of a basic conversation you shouldn't be on the internet. This site is 18+ and if you don't leave I'll have to tell your mommy.
>>
>>2846608
Love how you ignore
>What's silly is that you think you need to draw 8 hours a day to improve.

I guess this is what LAS does to your brain; makes you incapable of grasping simple information.
>>
>>2846615
that post has nothing to do with what we were talking about. I was addressing the second part of your post where you said you starting with an hour and adding more is a "meme". You have once again demonstrated that you are a brain dead mongoloid who can't follow the flow of a simple conversation. And I don't know why you keep bringing up LAS like it means something? All I said was that the 30 minutes a day guideline is used to make it more accessible to beginners. Obviously I over estimated your intelligence cuck senpai.
>>
>>2846617

I agree with with you building up hours, I'm just wasting your time.
>>
File: pondering.jpg (27KB, 840x405px) Image search: [Google]
pondering.jpg
27KB, 840x405px
>get 30 days vacation
>draw between 12 to 18h a day
>no visible improvement since what I actually lack is discipline rendering the time spent irrelevant
>>
>>2846615
You don't need to draw 8 hours a day you fucking turd. The most important thing is not how many hours you're putting in but what you're actually learning. If you're drawing the same fucking thing 8 hours day in and day out like an autistic fuck it wont make a difference. Of course, drawing 5 minutes a day isn't gonna make progress either. You gotta find a healthy balance between quality and quantity. I've talked to artists who drew consistently(2-4 hours a day) and made tremendous progress in a few years. The problem with you /ic/ fuckturds is that you try drawing 8 hours a day from the getgo burn yourself out after a couple months, and then come on here and start bitching about how everyone should be drawing those insane amount of hours otherwise they are lazy shits that wont make progress.
>>
>>2846619
>I'm just wasting your time.
kek same here. Goodbye anon.
>>
File: 1486004697102.jpg (7KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
1486004697102.jpg
7KB, 255x255px
>>2846622
goodbye
>>
>>2846187
If you are unemploee on welfare, this shouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>2846187
nobody cares. grow up already and stop crying, you pathetic piece of shit.
>>
>>2846187
I doubt it. If you currently draw under 1 hour a day, going 3 hours is going to feel exhausting. 6 hours is a Herculean task and setting a goal of 8-10 is just going to make you feel like shit even if you end up reaching it tomorrow despite all odds, because you won't be able to keep it up for long.

Why not just set realistic goals that you can feel good about meeting, instead of unrealistic ones that wnill make you feel even more like a piece of shit when you inevitably fail to attain them?
>>
>>2846187
>8+ hours a day
How does it feel to have your parents pay everything for you? I wish I could be a NEET sometimes but I have too much pride.
>>
>>2846278
Thank you for posting this. Ive known about that since it came out but brushed it off for some reason, but your post made me look at it again its perfect for what I need right now. Your hours are what I'm trying to work up to.
Do you have any other tips for drawing that much consistently, or working up to those hours? Other than what you said already. Discipline is hard to cultivate.

I've been recording how long I draw using Google sheets for about 2 years. I use it as an art journal and add notes or different art related things that happen. It's helped me track patterns in what causes me to procrastinate etc.

I keep an app on my computer (manictime) that keeps track of how long I use programs and usually end up just logging my hours at the end of each week.
Only thing I have to pay attention to is when I draw traditional, i usually just estimate there and round down by a few minutes. I've found having to constantly think of a timer and stop watch to be distracting and makes me stress over the hours too much.
>>
Everything you wish to do you have to start right now. This way you get a day 0 a cool headstart. Planning for tomorrow is planning for failure. Anything can come up any day that breaks this imagined routine and then what do you do? Plan for an other tomorrow?
Start right now. This is the best advice I can give anyone.
>>
>>2846729
>parents pay everything for you

Why does everyone think it's like this when someone lives with their parents?
>>
>>2846793
How else do you devote up to 10 hours a day to a hobby?
>>
>>2846798
What can I say bruh
It sucks your parents don't love you enough to support you with your goals
>>
>>2846190
lmao whatever you say Proko
>>
>>2846803
So you admit your parents pay for everything.
>>
>>2846798

There's things called welfare and unemployment bux.

>>2846803
I pay everything myself, cook my own food and do my own part of household work. I don't have to pay rent. People have this weird delusion that everyone living with parents are some stereotypic mama's boi that just leeches money and runs around with mom.
>>
>>2846187
>Tomorrow I will draw for longer than I have today
>I will fill more of my sketchbook than I did today

Just always get better family. It wont be fast as first but as long as you never miss a day or do less instead of more then you can make it to 8+ hours. Breaking your record each day feels good too.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.